Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Twitter: A place where angry progressive white women create drama

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,108
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
edited June 2021 in Tug Tavern
You know all those Twitter backlashes that get everyone from other Twitter users to corporate CEOs to get on their knees, kowtow to the mob and walk it back? Turns out the mob is a lot smaller and more demographically and behaviorally uniform than you might think.

According to a new Pew Research study, just 10% of U.S. Twitter users are responsible for 80% of all tweets.

With 69 million Twitter users and 250 million adults in the U.S., that means just 7 million people or less than 3% of the adult population are causing all the ruckus.

Not only that, those few active Tweeters have very specific demographics and attitudes. Almost two-thirds are women, are politically active and identify as democrats. And about a quarter of them use automated tweets or allow others to tweet on their behalf.

In contrast the other 90% of U.S. Twitter users average all of two tweets and one favorite per month, follow 74 accounts and have 19 followers. A solid silent majority if I’ve ever seen one.

So the next time you hear about a social media backlash that causes someone to about face and cave to the ‘Twitter mob,’ imagine the mob as a small group of progressive women activists — aka Alyssa Milano clones — and ask yourself what’s wrong with this picture?

And if it happens to you, remember, you just might be caving to a very small, vocal and uniform minority. So much for diversity.

Article is 2 years old but I still think it nails it. Small percentage of libtards enforcing their crazy ideas on all of us. Why do all the levers of power fall for this? Scared of a small percentage of angry libtard ugly chicks? WTF is going on here?

https://stevetobak.com/2019/04/30/pew-research-the-twitter-mob-is-mostly-a-small-group-of-progressive-women-activists/

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,331
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    My nightmare would be stuck in a marriage with one of these progressive women harridans. I can't imagine and most are uglier than sin. Whatever Bill Clinton thought he was getting out of marrying PIPS, he deserved.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,671
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I know a guy married to a woke lib woman. Let’s just say it is miserable and will end up in divorce I’m sure. The blm and pandemic charade cracked the fissure into a canyon.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2021
    I was just reading something yesterday about how the most "progressive" (read hard left) people out there are white, college educated women.

I use "educated" advisedly, it should be "credentialed" or "degreed" because in my experience while many of these people are bright, they are very poorly informed and much of their "education" consists of an ability to recite what they've been indoctrinated with.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,671
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    This correct.
    SFGbob said:

I was just reading something yesterday about how the most "progressive" (read hard left) people out there are white, college educated women.

I use "educated" advisedly, it should be "credentialed" or "degreed" because in my experience while many of these people are bright, they are very poorly informed and much of their "education" consists of an ability to recite what they've been indoctrinated with.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Twitter is for idiots.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,331
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

White women are the worst.

Case closed

I've seen a lot of way bitchy black women. Lot's of Asian women run the household, but they are a quite about it. In my limited exposure to upper middle class Iranians, the women are educated but not loud same with the Indians from India. The hispanic women seem pretty quiet in public. My stereotype POTD.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2021
    Swaye said:

My nightmare would be stuck in a marriage with one of these progressive women harridans. I can't imagine and most are uglier than sin. Whatever Bill Clinton thought he was getting out of marrying PIPS, he deserved.

If you marry a "progressive" woman you deserve everything you get.
    Idiot doctor up the street from me is married to a Eurotrash progressive insane bitch. She runs him ragged to different fundraisers for lib causes. Goes on crazy Fagbook rants (Mrs. Swaye shows them to me while laughing). He's a beaten man. I just look at him and laugh when he drives by and lowers his eyes sheepishly. Cuck loser.
    There is a doctor living in your neighborhood? I thought you lived on the Rez? Or maybe he is there doing some missionary type charity work?
  • Options
    SDCJRSDCJR Member Posts: 195
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    That’s why I married a conservative Asian beauty. Learned early that most white women are loonies.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2021
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

If you marry a "progressive" woman you deserve everything you get.
    Idiot doctor up the street from me is married to a Eurotrash progressive insane bitch. She runs him ragged to different fundraisers for lib causes. Goes on crazy Fagbook rants (Mrs. Swaye shows them to me while laughing). He's a beaten man. I just look at him and laugh when he drives by and lowers his eyes sheepishly. Cuck loser.
    Did you move in next door to @BearsWiin
    This is exactly who I think of whenever I see him schlepping to some event that his wife ordered him to go to. She screamed, and I do mean screamed, at him in my entryway the first time I ever met them. He just stood there and took it like a bitch. What a cuck.
    Is his wife hot?