Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Replace her on the team

2»

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,015
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    doogie said:

How about approaching #5-#15 on the men’s team and ask if they’d like to step down to a 8 lb hammer, put on some lipstick and compete for her #3 spot on the women’s team she is embarrassed by.

Still waiting for some college male tennis player to "transition", put on a wig and a bra and a dress and go win the women's grand slam and about $12 million of prize money. Seems like it would be worth it. The howling from the actual women feminists would be priceless.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

doogie said:

How about approaching #5-#15 on the men’s team and ask if they’d like to step down to a 8 lb hammer, put on some lipstick and compete for her #3 spot on the women’s team she is embarrassed by.

Still waiting for some college male tennis player to "transition", put on a wig and a bra and a dress and go win the women's grand slam and about $12 million of prize money. Seems like it would be worth it. The howling from the actual women feminists would be priceless.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renée_Richards
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Richards started to compete on the women's tour at 42 not when he was 22. He played for Yale. Bobby Riggs won Wimbledon and at age 55 beat Margaret Court the number 2 women's player in the world. Speculation is that Riggs bet against himself then lost to Billy Jean King as he threw the match for the money and to settle some mob gambling debts.

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9695268/outside-lines-story-causes-some-view-battle-sexes-match-differently-not-all

When Don Boyd heard last month that Bobby Riggs might have thrown the Sept. 20, 1973, "Battle of the Sexes" match against Billie Jean King to erase a $100,000 gambling debt with the mob, Boyd says he shrugged: Of course Bobby Riggs threw the match. He all but told me and my brother that he was going to throw it. I thought everyone that was in the know knew this match was fixed.

Boyd and his brother, Russell, say in June 1973 they were working summer construction jobs near the Bear Valley Springs resort outside of Tehachapi, Calif., where Riggs stayed for several weeks. Each day at lunch in the resort's clubhouse, the Boyd brothers say they'd see Riggs at the bar drinking liquor with a younger unidentified man and that Riggs eagerly chatted up clubhouse patrons, including the Boyds.

"Well, we eventually struck up conversations with him over a few weeks -- he was always at the bar, laughing and drinking," said Don Boyd, 59, adding that he and his brother were joined for the lunches by their father and his business partner, both of whom are deceased. "And Riggs told us, 'It wouldn't do much good if a man beat a woman. There wouldn't be any money in that.'"

A month earlier, Riggs had beaten Margaret Court in a nationally televised exhibition match, 6-2, 6-1, for which Riggs won $10,000 and a promise by Billie Jean King for an exhibition match later that year.

"He talked about the upcoming match as if it was a joke, a farce," says Russell Boyd, 56, adding that from his vantage point, Riggs was doing far more drinking than training. "He just kept laughing about it … I didn't realize at that time that it was such a serious matter of him playing Billie Jean King, and that he was actually expected to make an effort to win." Russell Boyd added that his father's partner cashed in on Riggs' comments, betting heavily with a local bookie that King would defeat Riggs.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    would be nice if the other women or men competing as women, stepped up and told her to knock it off. If the other athletes are not going to piss and moan about her actions and future actions by other athletes, why should any of us watching care?

Just quit watching until such time the politics are not part of sporting events. I mute ESPN and try not to watch those idiots
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Richards started to compete on the women's tour at 42 not when he was 22. He played for Yale. Bobby Riggs won Wimbledon and at age 55 beat Margaret Court the number 2 women's player in the world. Speculation is that Riggs bet against himself then lost to Billy Jean King as he threw the match for the money and to settle some mob gambling debts.

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9695268/outside-lines-story-causes-some-view-battle-sexes-match-differently-not-all

When Don Boyd heard last month that Bobby Riggs might have thrown the Sept. 20, 1973, "Battle of the Sexes" match against Billie Jean King to erase a $100,000 gambling debt with the mob, Boyd says he shrugged: Of course Bobby Riggs threw the match. He all but told me and my brother that he was going to throw it. I thought everyone that was in the know knew this match was fixed.

Boyd and his brother, Russell, say in June 1973 they were working summer construction jobs near the Bear Valley Springs resort outside of Tehachapi, Calif., where Riggs stayed for several weeks. Each day at lunch in the resort's clubhouse, the Boyd brothers say they'd see Riggs at the bar drinking liquor with a younger unidentified man and that Riggs eagerly chatted up clubhouse patrons, including the Boyds.

"Well, we eventually struck up conversations with him over a few weeks -- he was always at the bar, laughing and drinking," said Don Boyd, 59, adding that he and his brother were joined for the lunches by their father and his business partner, both of whom are deceased. "And Riggs told us, 'It wouldn't do much good if a man beat a woman. There wouldn't be any money in that.'"

A month earlier, Riggs had beaten Margaret Court in a nationally televised exhibition match, 6-2, 6-1, for which Riggs won $10,000 and a promise by Billie Jean King for an exhibition match later that year.

"He talked about the upcoming match as if it was a joke, a farce," says Russell Boyd, 56, adding that from his vantage point, Riggs was doing far more drinking than training. "He just kept laughing about it … I didn't realize at that time that it was such a serious matter of him playing Billie Jean King, and that he was actually expected to make an effort to win." Russell Boyd added that his father's partner cashed in on Riggs' comments, betting heavily with a local bookie that King would defeat Riggs.

I know..I was alive then
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Ditto. Riggs played like sh*t.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

There's a way to compete in the Olympics where you're not a representative of a country. She could try and qualify by going that route. But that wouldn't get her the attention she is looking for. So instead she tries to qualify as a representative of a country she hates and leftists will treat her like she is some brave hero when the reality is that she is nothing but an ugly, selfish ingrate.

She isn't making the Olympic podium, so it doesn't matter. I think we are wasting our time, by giving somebody attention that doesn't deserve it.
    Nobody would even know that she existed if it weren’t for her actions at the podium. Career wise, this is the best thing she could have done. She probably is getting some endorsement opportunities and some appearance fees.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

There's a way to compete in the Olympics where you're not a representative of a country. She could try and qualify by going that route. But that wouldn't get her the attention she is looking for. So instead she tries to qualify as a representative of a country she hates and leftists will treat her like she is some brave hero when the reality is that she is nothing but an ugly, selfish ingrate.

She isn't making the Olympic podium, so it doesn't matter. I think we are wasting our time, by giving somebody attention that doesn't deserve it.
    Nobody would even know that she existed if it weren’t for her actions at the podium. Career wise, this is the best thing she could have done. She probably is getting some endorsement opportunities and some appearance fees.
    Stand for something…even if it means sacrificing everything…
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,588
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

We are talking about somebody that barely made the podium in the US trials.

Even @DJDuck doesn't think or care about women's shot put (or is it discus?)

My Dad loved Sledge Hammer.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2021

We are talking about somebody that barely made the podium in the US trials.

Even @DJDuck doesn't think or care about women's shot put (or is it discus?)

My Dad loved Sledge Hammer.
    It was an ok song for the MTV era, but doesn’t really hold up through the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g93mz_eZ5N4