Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Replace her on the team

BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,401
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
The Olympics are about our nation competing against other nations. If you want to embarrass our country by disrespecting it and using the Olympic games to selfishly put out some message that has nothing to do with the competition, you need to be sent home.

I am always amazed. Look at what this country has done for this idiot. Free college education, sponsorship, wealth, adulation, her full time job is playing a sport. All of that and she disrespects the country and all of us who support athletics.

https://www.aol.com/black-activist-athlete-gwen-berry-020500887.html

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2021

We are talking about somebody that barely made the podium in the US trials.

Even @DJDuck doesn't think or care about women's shot put (or is it discus?)
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Olympics are about our nation competing against other nations. If you want to embarrass our country by disrespecting it and using the Olympic games to selfishly put out some message that has nothing to do with the competition, you need to be sent home.

I am always amazed. Look at what this country has done for this idiot. Free college education, sponsorship, wealth, adulation, her full time job is playing a sport. All of that and she disrespects the country and all of us who support athletics.

https://www.aol.com/black-activist-athlete-gwen-berry-020500887.html

She’s oppressed
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,022
    I'm so tired of this shit. Move your ass to another country. See how that goes.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Exactly. This isn’t even an event the US is good at. She’ll be lucky to place in the top 15 overall. She got her 15 minutes of fame, good for her. Now when she comes back with her 17th place finish, she can be a nobody again.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    There's a way to compete in the Olympics where you're not a representative of a country. She could try and qualify by going that route. But that wouldn't get her the attention she is looking for. So instead she tries to qualify as a representative of a country she hates and leftists will treat her like she is some brave hero when the reality is that she is nothing but an ugly, selfish ingrate.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,015
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

There's a way to compete in the Olympics where you're not a representative of a country. She could try and qualify by going that route. But that wouldn't get her the attention she is looking for. So instead she tries to qualify as a representative of a country she hates and leftists will treat her like she is some brave hero when the reality is that she is nothing but an ugly, selfish ingrate.

The US Olympic Committee has the balls of the Slobberer and there will be no sanctions. They and NBC can wonder why the Olympics are hemorrhaging viewers. The Games are just bloated with dozens and dozens of non-core Olympic sports. Expensive as hell to sponsor it and now in the US any major city sponsoring the Olympics can expect visits from BLM and antifa. It would be like hosting the World Trade Organization on steroids. I used to watch a ton of it with my wife. Won't watch whatever they call the Chicom crud opening or the closing. Probably a little women's gymnastics and men's golf and a little track and field. No rhythmic gymnastics or canoeing.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

She isn't making the Olympic podium, so it doesn't matter. I think we are wasting our time, by giving somebody attention that doesn't deserve it.
    But some will. Kaepernick wasn't making any podium or even starting, but he still was a tolerated anti-American, pro kill BLdon'tMatter, and all around marxist POS. Don't even know if there will be a masked up march of the athletes. If so, someone will be waving a BLM flag and not the US flag. That will/would have been the focus.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

She isn't making the Olympic podium, so it doesn't matter. I think we are wasting our time, by giving somebody attention that doesn't deserve it.
    She is getting attention from the media. Even if she has no chance of winning why allow someone who hates the country to represent the country?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2021
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

She is getting attention from the media. Even if she has no chance of winning why allow someone who hates the country to represent the country?
    Who cares? All she is doing is making an ass of herself and hurting her cause. 90% of the average Joe's and Jane's of the world know that if she pulled this stunt in half the other countries in the world she would be either arrested or killed. The large number of the other 50% would more than likely ban her from competition. The fact that the US is doing neither, proves that the US isn't the country she tries to make it out to be. She might get some support from the media and nutcases like Kobe and HHusky in this country, but from most of the world, she'll be seen as the sniveling, spoiled, and entitled athlete she is. Again, give her her 15 minutes. Kaepernick already staked his turf on the social victim platform. All she will accomplish is to have her name mentioned as an answer to an obscure question on trivia night at the local sports bar.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Who cares? All she is doing is making an ass of herself and hurting her cause. 90% of the average Joe's and Jane's of the world know that if she pulled this stunt in half the other countries in the world she would be either arrested or killed. The large number of the other 50% would more than likely ban her from competition. The fact that the US is doing neither, proves that the US isn't the country she tries to make it out to be. She might get some support from the media and nutcases like Kobe and HHusky in this country, but from most of the world, she'll be seen as the sniveling, spoiled, and entitled athlete she is. Again, give her her 15 minutes. Kaepernick already staked his turf on the social victim platform. All she will accomplish is to have her name mentioned as an answer to an obscure question on trivia night at the local sports bar.
    Valid point
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,401
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2021

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I agree with what you are saying. My problem with this shit is I actually love watching track and field in the Olympics. I don't enjoy having individuals shove their politics into the games. It ruins the viewing experience. If one takes away from the spirit of the games regardless of which side of the "isle" they are coming from, they should have their opportunity taken away from them. Give it to people who are appreciative of what the games have always been about.
    On the topic of support for this fucking self absorbed and racist asshole, the entire rat media is behind her 100%. She spent the better part of last night texting "Fuck off" to all those who voiced displeasure at turning the games into a political side show. That kind of behavior has no place in the Olympics.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I agree with what you are saying. My problem with this shit is I actually love watching track and field in the Olympics. I don't enjoy having individuals shove their politics into the games. It ruins the viewing experience. If one takes away from the spirit of the games regardless of which side of the "isle" they are coming from, they should have their opportunity taken away from them. Give it to people who are appreciative of what the games have always been about.
    On the topic of support for this fucking self absorbed and racist asshole, the entire rat media is behind her 100%. She spent the better part of last night texting "Fuck off" to all those who voiced displeasure at turning the games into a political side show. That kind of behavior has no place in the Olympics.
    Where there is smoke their is fire. As you said, she has the complete support of the US media and so will others. If it was just her, then screw her. But it isn't just her. Look at how LeBron got sucked into the BLM hate America arena. Now he got burned pretty badly, but not from the MSM.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Where there is smoke their is fire. As you said, she has the complete support of the US media and so will others. If it was just her, then screw her. But it isn't just her. Look at how LeBron got sucked into the BLM hate America arena. Now he got burned pretty badly, but not from the MSM.
    Look where we are as a country.

Started by a washed up QB who grew up with white parents in Wisconsin suburbia, who said black People are being slaughtered by the police with no basis.

And explodes with a world class piece of shit murdered while not complying and undergoing a drug overdose.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

There is a time for it. There have been instances where activism in sports was appropriate. Specifically, when there was a goal and end game. (Ali and Vietnam comes to mind). This bitch has no specific thing that she is an “Activist” for. It’s just a bunch of subjective feelings out there in the ether. Not quantifiable or with a specific desired outcome.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    If you pressed this woman to articulate what exactly it was that she was "protesting" you know that you'd get nothing more than a string of buzzwords and slogans. "Systemic white racism" "nation founded on genocide and white racism" "3/5 human" "police hunting down black people"
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    How about approaching #5-#15 on the men’s team and ask if they’d like to step down to a 8 lb hammer, put on some lipstick and compete for her #3 spot on the women’s team she is embarrassed by.