Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

War of the Worlds invades north Texas

TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
edited February 2014 in Tug Tavern
You've probably seen or heard about all the long-horned chicken littles running around north Texas wailing about fracking operations in their neighborhoods inducing earthquakes beneath them and insisting that the shale mining for oil and gas must stop. This of course is just more commie-environmentalist hysteria and propaganda directed at Big Oil's successful campaign of utilizing the thoroughly harmless but unproven fracking innovation to make America energy independent and non-reliant on jihadist black.

Well fuck geology! What you don't know about what's happening miles below the surface you live on can't hurt, right yall. There's an easy explanation for the recent rise in earthquake activity.... 16 shakers in the last three weeks around Azle, TX near Eagle Mountain Lake a few miles northwest of Ft. Worth. It's obvious that Spielberg's War of the Worlds has arrived in the vicinity and those giant alien tripod blood sucking machines will start popping up out of the ground any minute, hour, or day now. What's been happening up in Ohio and other places where shale mining is only a coincidence is certainly the same thing and we know from Spielberg's excellent docudrama that there's very little to worry about. The aliens will viral-out of existence and all that the authorities will need to do is call out the national guard to control the panic.

My only concern is that Rick Perry and Ted Nugent are tough enough to fight the coming alien war successfully and smart enough to watch their left flank and rear to not allow the Mexicans to retake Texas....... maybe that wouldn't be such a bad fracking thing. Didn't we see this movie last year..... some silly thing called Cowboys and Aliens?

http://rt.com/usa/texas-fracking-earthquakes-azle-445/

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,167
    What are you going on about? I understand all of these topics independently but the way you have combined them has left me unable to understand your point.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    TL, DR

But I am hearing this whole Alien invasion thing would be good for the economy. Paul Krugman said so
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    I won't form an opinion on this until collegedoog tells me what it is.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Mad_Son said:

What are you going on about? I understand all of these topics independently but the way you have combined them has left me unable to understand your point.

I thought I was as clear in my thinking as the storage of wastewater 13,000 ft below ground level could be. What about fuck geology didn't you get?

Tailgater said:

Mad_Son said:

I thought I was as clear in my thinking as the storage of wastewater 13,000 ft below ground level could be. What about fuck geology didn't you get?

Is this some sort of whoosh? Neither of those last two sentences even make sense...
    I suspect that when it comes to fracking geology, we're on a different stratum.
    Tailgater said:

I suspect that when it comes to fracking geology, we're on a different stratum.

I am beginning to think you are being serious and simply don't know how to combine these words in a meaningful fashion.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,503 Founders Club
    Dick_B said:

I won't form an opinion on this until collegedoog tells me what it is.

Don't worry, he will be back.

TL, DR

But I am hearing this whole Alien invasion thing would be good for the economy. Paul Krugman said so

Paul Krugman usually has it about right on most things, but I think he's drawing straws on the Alien thing.

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Who cares about fracking.

We have enough natural gas under our feet to completely be energy free ...

too bad nobody in Amerika wants to go after it in a true fashion.

Any other country would be doing the happy dance.
    topdawgnc said:

I oversimplified economic terms: supply >>> demand.

The price point just isn't there right now. If we get back to $12 gas the amount of development that goes on will be crazy.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,899 Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

topdawgnc said:

I oversimplified economic terms: supply >>> demand.

The price point just isn't there right now. If we get back to $12 gas the amount of development that goes on will be crazy.

Either way, it'll be interesting.
    It may not be true, but I read somewhere recently that NG has become a major export that economically helps bigtime to offset our huge need for fossil fuel imports and it seems the lower cost of NG availble from shale mining by fracking is what makes this exporting feasible. Obviously, the higher cost of tapping more easily available NG is due to Big Oil and other fossil fuel based energy corporate pigs owning most of the known NG resources and they would rather frack the fuck out of America's geology while they still can get away with it. The cheaper to pump NG will always be there to gouge the market with later when other sources are no longer available.
    Tailgater said:

It may not be true, but I read somewhere recently that NG has become a major export that economically helps bigtime to offset our huge need for fossil fuel imports and it seems the lower cost of NG availble from shale mining by fracking is what makes this exporting feasible. Obviously, the higher cost of tapping more easily available NG is due to Big Oil and other fossil fuel based energy corporate pigs owning most of the known NG resources and they would rather frack the fuck out of America's geology while they still can get away with it. The cheaper to pump NG will always be there to gouge the market with later when other sources are no longer available.

NG is not really exportable. LNG is exportable but we do not have many LNG plants relative to the amount of NG we are capable of producing. While fracking has drastically helped make new unconventional resources available, if people can find conventional gas plays now they will produce them now. They provide better rates than tight sands or shale gas plays, even with fracking.

Also, Big Oil has a hard time competing with small independents in NG because NG is cheap right now and those without huge overhead can access lower margin fields, which is what a lot of NG is. Mind you, the right companies in the right places can still make it work. ConocoPhillips has been doing really well in the Eagleford and in Michigan for example.