Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oh the irony - Sark style

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
from Scott Wolf's horrible blog....

"But more surprising was this comment from current USC coach Steve Sarkisian: “So much of the focus of the last three years has been on the sanctions, the ‘Woe is me.”

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Wow...just wow
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I hope Sark stays at USC for as long as possible, so I hope that the Troojans buy into the whole sanctions thing.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    We are still reeling from sanctions that are 2 decades old. USC has a long road ahead of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

We are still reeling from sanctions that are 2 decades old. USC has a long road ahead of them.

I still remember Doogs blaming sanctions in 1993 for 1-10 in 2004. It's incredible how dumb some of our fans are.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

I still remember Doogs blaming sanctions in 1993 for 1-10 in 2004. It's incredible how dumb some of our fans are.
    I recall Don James and Lambright claiming more than once that the 1993 sanctions wouldn't hurt the won-loss record, but DJ was concerned that the absence of bowl game opportunities for two years would have an adverse affect. Both might have been whistling in the dark, but with the talent already on UW's roster following DJ's resignation, I was hopeful that a new coach would go on a rampage of beating every opponent in sight. However, our incredibly football stupid AD gave the program to Lambo, a nice guy who had never expected to be Husky head coach and thus was unprepared for the task. Lambo proceeded to lead us to three consecutive seven win seasons (sound familiar) with far more talent to start with than Sark inherited from Tyrone.

It still all comes down to coaching and if a good coaching staff that's well managed in a program that's organized and smart is fortunate to have SC level talent to work with, they can be expected to win a lot of games even with a roster diminished in numbers by sanctions. If I cared to think much about it which I'm not, I would guess that Sark will do a lot better than we think he can at SC IF he's hired a good staff and is putting together an intelligent and hard working program. These are things Sark didn't do fully at UW while in training as a head coach, but he could have learned some things in five seasons at Montlake...... at least about what not to do.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,214
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    wait I'm confused -- is it not going to take very long?
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    Tailgater said:

I recall Don James and Lambright claiming more than once that the 1993 sanctions wouldn't hurt the won-loss record, but DJ was concerned that the absence of bowl game opportunities for two years would have an adverse affect. Both might have been whistling in the dark, but with the talent already on UW's roster following DJ's resignation, I was hopeful that a new coach would go on a rampage of beating every opponent in sight. However, our incredibly football stupid AD gave the program to Lambo, a nice guy who had never expected to be Husky head coach and thus was unprepared for the task. Lambo proceeded to lead us to three consecutive seven win seasons (sound familiar) with far more talent to start with than Sark inherited from Tyrone.

It still all comes down to coaching and if a good coaching staff that's well managed in a program that's organized and smart is fortunate to have SC level talent to work with, they can be expected to win a lot of games even with a roster diminished in numbers by sanctions. If I cared to think much about it which I'm not, I would guess that Sark will do a lot better than we think he can at SC IF he's hired a good staff and is putting together an intelligent and hard working program. These are things Sark didn't do fully at UW while in training as a head coach, but he could have learned some things in five seasons at Montlake...... at least about what not to do.
    huh?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

I hope he says House Money after they win their 6th game. Unlike our media the LA media would rip him to shreds.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Somebody first needs to define very long.