Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Eklund to Wyoming

dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,852 Swaye's Wigwam
Would be fucking great but guess this is as close as we’ll get to that ass clown leaving.

Comments

• DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member Posts: 743
    dnc said:

I hope that kid wears #81

Can you please clarify where 81(%) came from? TIA
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,613 Founders Club

dnc said:

I think it's lore traces back to when Mora was interviewed to be head coach at Washington. Eklund said he was 81% sure it was happening. If I'm remembering this wrong I'm sure someone from the Old Guard will correct me.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,817 Founders Club
    As I recall it was a bit sarcastic because people kept demanding an actual answer other than he could but he might not
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

dnc said:

I think it's lore traces back to when Mora was interviewed to be head coach at Washington. Eklund said he was 81% sure it was happening. If I'm remembering this wrong I'm sure someone from the Old Guard will correct me.
    I don’t know if it had to do with an interview but Dawgman had a coaching search article listing various coaches as possible hires. Mora’s picture was on the headline of said article.

During the coaching search, Elkins was asked to give a probability of Mora getting hired and he replied “81%”.
    Elkins?

You mean Empterman
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

I don’t know if it had to do with an interview but Dawgman had a coaching search article listing various coaches as possible hires. Mora’s picture was on the headline of said article.

During the coaching search, Elkins was asked to give a probability of Mora getting hired and he replied “81%”.

• TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,697 Founders Club
    edited June 2021
    Eckland [and the previous guy Brian Cook at real dawg] are the two guys at Dawg Honeymoon sites I have found to be of some value... I'm not sure how much value [81%?], but these guys in history have been charged with periodically periodically picking up the phone and attempting to talk with recruits on behalf of the site that many recruits think is local site / network affiliate that covers UW football recruiting, and then "reports" back via a writeup for their boards.

While thinking about that for a minute I can appreciate the fun of picking up the phone to call the recruit and imagine how that might go. I used to be a stock broker [20 years] and like a lot of people on here, have a lot of experience with the process of transforming an initial "cold call" into a progressively improving warm call "relationship" within the context of a "business" relationship.

Getting used to listening for cues, finding ways to creatively induce the free flow of conversation and staying "fresh" in my enthusiasm while finding and developing common ground to discuss the general subjects of interest for an internet board of ravaging participants would be the challenge and opportunity.

So i'm thinking that this is the perfect opportunity for 6-10 people on this board to begin the process of becoming recruiting analysts [the voice of husky recruiting] for the dominant site for west coast recruiting ~ Hardcore Husky! Imagine the glory of busting our incisive recruiting nuggets and amusing anecdotes to be reported to the site participants.

After being on here for a while many of the prospective HCH recruiting analysts are pretty obvious... I mean think about it ~ you are a "big time" recruit and you are now getting a sequential stream of phone calls from the likes of @Swaye, @dnc, @Doogles, @PostGameOrangeSlices and the infamous @RaceBannon? Every recruit would be thrilled, especially since every time they get a call from HCH, its a new caller ~ it's another one of these great guys from that cool site.

• TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,697 Founders Club
    edited June 2021
    The winning approach would be to start with calls from the "A" team... we will call them "the Rabbits" ~ those people with the effusive personality to immediately and completely engage and fascinate the recruits to set the stage for the avalanche of phone calls that then follow. I think we might all agree that at the very least some of those names might include @DoogCourics, @Doog_de_Jour, @PurpleJ, @dougthedawg, @PurpleBaze, @GrundleStiltzkin and yes, this is where I think @Ballz probably would be most helpful.

I look forward to reading the reports...
  • dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179

The winning approach would be to start with calls from the "A" team... we will call them "the Rabbits" ~ those people with the effusive personality to immediately and completely engage and fascinate the recruits to set the stage for the avalanche of phone calls that then follow. I think we might all agree that at the very least some of those names might include @DoogCourics, @Doog_de_Jour, @PurpleJ, @dougthedawg, @PurpleBaze, @GrundleStiltzkin and yes, this is where I think @Ballz probably would be most helpful.

How did I get included in a list with ballz on it? Am I more special than I knew?

Did you mean @DugtheDoog?

Or did you mean the super tough talking, American-loving, hero of the doogman board and enemy of all who question the coaches, Lil' Kimmie, Fattie and/or Ektard - the one and only Dug The Dawg - from whom we drew inspiration for our HH usernames?

That dude could definately get down with ballz for hours of tough talking.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,852 Swaye's Wigwam

How did I get included in a list with ballz on it? Am I more special than I knew?

Did you mean @DugtheDoog?

Or did you mean the super tough talking, American-loving, hero of the doogman board and enemy of all who question the coaches, Lil' Kimmie, Fattie and/or Ektard - the one and only Dug The Dawg - from whom we drew inspiration for our HH usernames?

That dude could definately get down with ballz for hours of tough talking.
    *tuff
    Yes I actually meant @DugtheDoog… my bad
  • dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    Nah, my bad for picking a name so close to another user
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Eckland [and the previous guy Brian Cook at real dawg] are the two guys at Dawg Honeymoon sites I have found to be of some value... I'm not sure how much value [81%?], but these guys in history have been charged with periodically periodically picking up the phone and attempting to talk with recruits on behalf of the site that many recruits think is local site / network affiliate that covers UW football recruiting, and then "reports" back via a writeup for their boards.

While thinking about that for a minute I can appreciate the fun of picking up the phone to call the recruit and imagine how that might go. I used to be a stock broker [20 years] and like a lot of people on here, have a lot of experience with the process of transforming an initial "cold call" into a progressively improving warm call "relationship" within the context of a "business" relationship.

Getting used to listening for cues, finding ways to creatively induce the free flow of conversation and staying "fresh" in my enthusiasm while finding and developing common ground to discuss the general subjects of interest for an internet board of ravaging participants would be the challenge and opportunity.

So i'm thinking that this is the perfect opportunity for 6-10 people on this board to begin the process of becoming recruiting analysts [the voice of husky recruiting] for the dominant site for west coast recruiting ~ Hardcore Husky! Imagine the glory of busting our incisive recruiting nuggets and amusing anecdotes to be reported to the site participants.

After being on here for a while many of the prospective HCH recruiting analysts are pretty obvious... I mean think about it ~ you are a "big time" recruit and you are now getting a sequential stream of phone calls from the likes of @Swaye, @dnc, @Doogles, @PostGameOrangeSlices and the infamous @RaceBannon? Every recruit would be thrilled, especially since every time they get a call from HCH, its a new caller ~ it's another one of these great guys from that cool site.

TL,DR
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,852 Swaye's Wigwam