Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Which Husky were you high on that never panned out?

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,192
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Oh wow... like @AtomicDawg said, Anthony Boyles could have been a star.

Also, Kevin Ware at tight end.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,637
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Craig Chambers was physically imposing. He looked like a light skinned Reggie Williams.

I once claimed on Dawgman that Casey Paus would be the clear starter and team leader based on interactions he had with teammates at Matthews Beach.

JR Hasty: He beat De La Salle.

Keante Bankhead

Deante Cooper

Zane Potter

The thing about Bankhead is that it was always well known that he'd never get in.

HuskyJW said:

Has anyone mentioned Center yet?

Ok, smart guym, here's my b-side: Dane Crane.
    Now I want to kill myself
    His film and subsequent career helped me to learn that I know nothing.
    You and me both.

chuck said:

I thought Craig Chambers was Reggie 2.0 after the Cal and Apple Cup games he had as a Freshman.

I thought Chambers got the rawest Ty deal. He needed to be coached up as a player and a person and Ty just let him rot. He did have a lot of talent. Had a big drop against Air Force in the first game and I think Ty held that against him forever
    He wasn't the only one to make big drops though. I remember Stanback making a sick scramble in that game, rolling right, and throwing about a 25 yard lazer beam that bounced right off the space between Corey Williams' numbers. He never found the dog house.

TW just hated Chambers for some reason, but it wasn't just him. RN and Gilby didn't give him much of a chance either, and he was their recruit.
    Chambers never played for Neuheisel and he started for Gilby as a RS-FROSH so I'm not sure what you mean when you say they didn't give him a chance. He ended up transferring to Montana in 2006.
    Didn't he have a RS year under RN?

Well, my bad. I swear I remember RN himself addressing why Chambers wasn't getting any looks as a freshman, then Gilby doing the same as a sophomore. The bomb from Stanback was with TW and Lappano in 2005 or 2006? I was thinking 06.

Sounds like my whole memory of the RN-Gilby-TW transition is off by a year.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,607
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Craig Chambers was physically imposing. He looked like a light skinned Reggie Williams.

I once claimed on Dawgman that Casey Paus would be the clear starter and team leader based on interactions he had with teammates at Matthews Beach.

Keante Bankhead

Deante Cooper

Zane Potter

The thing about Bankhead is that it was always well known that he'd never get in.

HuskyJW said:

You and me both.

chuck said:

I thought Craig Chambers was Reggie 2.0 after the Cal and Apple Cup games he had as a Freshman.

I thought Chambers got the rawest Ty deal. He needed to be coached up as a player and a person and Ty just let him rot. He did have a lot of talent. Had a big drop against Air Force in the first game and I think Ty held that against him forever
    He wasn't the only one to make big drops though. I remember Stanback making a sick scramble in that game, rolling right, and throwing about a 25 yard lazer beam that bounced right off the space between Corey Williams' numbers. He never found the dog house.

TW just hated Chambers for some reason, but it wasn't just him. RN and Gilby didn't give him much of a chance either, and he was their recruit.
    Chambers never played for Neuheisel and he started for Gilby as a RS-FROSH so I'm not sure what you mean when you say they didn't give him a chance. He ended up transferring to Montana in 2006.

Well, my bad. I swear I remember RN himself addressing why Chambers wasn't getting any looks as a freshman, then Gilby doing the same as a sophomore. The bomb from Stanback was with TW and Lappano in 2005 or 2006? I was thinking 06.

We? were all drinking a lot then
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,637
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Keante Bankhead

Deante Cooper

Zane Potter

HuskyJW said:

You and me both.

chuck said:

We? were all drinking a lot then
    All I wanted was for a couple of players, mainly Stanback but also Chambers and a few others who seemed talented, to be good. There wasn't much else worth paying attention to.
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Marvin Kasim. Fast and his hands were so big he had marfans syndrome. Old Mike Olson sports Washington quote. I worked with him later and asked how did you come up with that? .
    Justin Thomas d end. Big recruit, fast at 250
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Marvin Kasim. Fast and his hands were so big he had marfans syndrome. Old Mike Olson sports Washington quote. I worked with him later and asked how did you come up with that? .

Where's you're boy Pump?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    chuck said:

Keante Bankhead

Deante Cooper

Zane Potter

HuskyJW said:

You and me both.

chuck said:

It was 2005
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    i deadass though ronnie fouch was going to be the answer at qb when lockner got hurt.

'yeah, he can throw the ball!'

turns out he couldnt.
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited June 2021

blockquote class="Quote" rel="GrundleStiltzkin">

Where's you're boy Pump?
    Pup is around. I told him he needs to own up to hyping up Marques Hairston.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,973
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Paul Arnold

#myLancers
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,973
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Erik Kohler. The centerpiece of the Cascade Front.

Colin Porter. Unlike Kohl’s he looked good but a fucked up shoulder or something brought on medical retirement.
  • Options
    BCoveysLifeInsPolicyBCoveysLifeInsPolicy Member Posts: 122
    Kevin Smith

Nick Montana

Austin Joyner

String

Jamaal Kearse

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Most have already been named but here's a new one - Anthony Boyles
  • Options
    Number1AtNumber2Number1AtNumber2 Member Posts: 31
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YfJWCBboCYc

Never forget...Ty wanted Isiah to take a knee. Too bad he didn't do the opposite of what coach asked more often.
    I was there!
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,004
    Swaye's Wigwam

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YfJWCBboCYc

Never forget...Ty wanted Isiah to take a knee. Too bad he didn't do the opposite of what coach asked more often.
    Went down to the desert (ILTCITD) that year, as I have for every year since 1993 to my dad's condo in Phoenix to play some golf and take in the gayme, be it in Tempe or Tuscon. And, considering the lack of success down there, I've seen probably about 5 or 6 wins total in the almost 30 years down there, while also witnessing every gut wrenching loss imaginable.

But as we sat by the pool Saturday morning that year, we decided that we really didn't want to drive 100 miles to watch that turd of a team.

So, we stayed in Phoenix, and missed close to 20% of all the wins down there. Only time I've ever done that. We even went to the Cody Bruns redshirt waste gayme a few years later. CSB.

CSB Part Deaux. The gayme wasn't shown (in HD) in Phoenix, so we didn't even see the catch.
  • Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2021
    Thread is incomplete without Johnny DuRocher.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment