Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hi There.

The duck fans trying to analyze and rationalize the Black Mamba's 40 time at the combine are funny.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Boov Post O' The Day!

Cooks was awesome at the combine though.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I submit for your judgement:
    He was unofficially timed at 4.34. Most of the scouts said they had never seen an adjustment that huge...like others have said though he did drag his feet on the first couple of strides
    His unofficial times were 4.34 and 4.4. To me and the TV announcers it looked like he ran better on the 4.4 run and I was surprised when it came back 4.4. How that turned into 4.5 official I have no idea. He scraped his feet on the first run and the checker blew the whistle thinking it was a bad start, but DAT was fine with it and seemed a little annoyed the guy blew the whistle. He then scraped his feet on the restart and ran the 4.34. On the second run he did not scrape his feet. I'm not sure why he changed his start or if it was intentional.
    The official time is a joke. If compare other gifs, DAT is at least a tenth faster than Clowney.
    And the coup de grace:
    DAT appears to finish a yard ahead of Clowney if you look at the sideline markers. Clowney ran a 4.53. He's traveling a foot every .0378 seconds and DAT .0375 (based on his 4.50 time). The .03 difference in their respective forty times should show a difference of less than a foot at the finish (9.5 inches to be exact). So if Clowney's time is correct then DAT's official time is closer to a 4.42 based on the difference at the finish. DAT ran a 4.34 hand timed that was corrected to an official 4.50. That's a big correction. I don't believe anyone at the combine had a correction that large. Usually the correction is around .05 not .16. IMHO they messed up the official time.
  • Options
    Booving it up over Quooks doesn't impress me.

Hi Grado.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2014
    Who's Grado? Does he post here?

If laughing at retards is wrong, I don't want to be right.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited February 2014
    TheGlove said:

He was unofficially timed at 4.34. Most of the scouts said they had never seen an adjustment that huge...like others have said though he did drag his feet on the first couple of strides
    His unofficial times were 4.34 and 4.4. To me and the TV announcers it looked like he ran better on the 4.4 run and I was surprised when it came back 4.4. How that turned into 4.5 official I have no idea. He scraped his feet on the first run and the checker blew the whistle thinking it was a bad start, but DAT was fine with it and seemed a little annoyed the guy blew the whistle. He then scraped his feet on the restart and ran the 4.34. On the second run he did not scrape his feet. I'm not sure why he changed his start or if it was intentional.
    The official time is a joke. If compare other gifs, DAT is at least a tenth faster than Clowney.
    And the coup de grace:
    DAT appears to finish a yard ahead of Clowney if you look at the sideline markers. Clowney ran a 4.53. He's traveling a foot every .0378 seconds and DAT .0375 (based on his 4.50 time). The .03 difference in their respective forty times should show a difference of less than a foot at the finish (9.5 inches to be exact). So if Clowney's time is correct then DAT's official time is closer to a 4.42 based on the difference at the finish. DAT ran a 4.34 hand timed that was corrected to an official 4.50. That's a big correction. I don't believe anyone at the combine had a correction that large. Usually the correction is around .05 not .16. IMHO they messed up the official time.
    I don't go over there and don't really care what his time was, nor do I care who cares or doesn't care about it.

I will say this: the fucker can run carrying a football. His times are his times, but the secret to what makes him dangerous are obvious: he can change direction sharply at top speed with minimal deceleration, and his acceleration is rare. that's what you need in football.

watch the 90+ yarder against Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl and tell me that guy isn't faster than most other players on the field. 4.5 for him is not close to reality.
  • Options

TheGlove said:

And the coup de grace:
    I don't go over there and don't really care what his time was, nor do I care who cares or doesn't care about it.

I will say this: the fucker can run carrying a football. His times are his times, but the secret to what makes him dangerous are obvious: he can change direction sharply at top speed with minimal deceleration, and his acceleration is rare. that's what you need in football.

watch the 90+ yarder against Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl and tell me that guy isn't faster than most other players on the field. 4.5 for him is not close to reality.

I think Rich Eisen is faster than half of Wisconsin's roster though.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I watched DAT play a lot and I watched Cooks play a lot. Cooks was faster and I think he will be better in the NFL.

DAT was good at a bunch of things but the NFL is specialized.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Mosster47 said:

I watched DAT play a lot and I watched Cooks play a lot. Cooks was faster and I think he will be better in the NFL.

DAT was good at a bunch of things but the NFL is specialized.

well yeah - Cooks is a real wide receiver. DAT isn't a real anything other than kick returner. I'd take Cooks too.

I think DAT is more dangerous in space.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    All I need to know is his feces'n'throat score. What were those numbers?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't give a fuck that DAT ran a 4.5. He's fast.