Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stew on this my fellow fucktards

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,350 Founders Club
Salary

Jim Mora, UCLA $2.0 million
Steve Sarkisian, Washington $2.7 million

Pleased to be explaining to me why we're paying Sark so much money?

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club
    Because he gave a great interview?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,350 Founders Club
    this post wouldn't last 53 seconds on Dawgman before being deleted
  • ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    Because thats how much we had to pay to get someone to coach this 0-12 team and worst program in the NCAA with nothing going for it, no talent, no resources.

Sheesh! You think everything is free?
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    if you are just going to look back instead of forward, then you're going to be gone!!
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    You act like 7-6 > 7-6 > 7-6 > 7-6 never happened
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,332 Swaye's Wigwam
    I saw him throw fish at Pike Place with LoRo one time......that's free pub you can't put a price on.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    Sark is running a program the right way. Building for the long term. Comportment AND seven win seasons. High fives everybody!
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Can Mora hit the crossbar? I didn't think so.
  • volcanodawgvolcanodawg Member Posts: 282
    just wait for the Mora meltdown. the $.7M less he earns will make sense at that point.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Sounds like he has a CONTRACT.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I wish we would have gotten Mora in 2007, but I'm not sure if he is as great as some of you think he is. His team lost 3 in a row to end the year and the defense (his specialty) sucked. His defenses with the Seahawks sucked as well, both when he was the head coach and when he was DB coach (his group was the worst on the team).

Could UCLA have gone 9-5 with Rick? I think it would have been possible. Hundley was the real reason for improvement. Prince and Brehaut were arguably the worst QB's in the conference and played a key role on getting Rick fired.

I'm not a cunt like Kim saying wait for Mora to implode, but the Mora dick sucking on here is a little strange. He really hasn't done shit yet.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club

Explains the grin

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    edited May 2013

Salary

Jim Mora, UCLA $2.0 million
    Steve Sarkisian, Washington $2.7 million

Pleased to be explaining to me why we're paying Sark so much money?

Someone sounds bitter and clearly has an agenda. Take it out of the middle of the store or your gone! :D

Just a fucktarded guess, maybe Sark is smarter than Woodard and won the salary negotiation? Another fucktarded guess, maybe Mora's performance at Seattle and his unemployed status hurt his negotiating position and he had to "settle" for a mere 2 million a year? Yet another fucktarded guess, maybe UW is more of a "football school" than UCLA and willing to pay more for ANY head football coach? Let it play out. A year from now Sark may be on the unemployment line and Mora at the center of a bidding war :)] ...
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    Easy question. Cream Puff calls his own plays, has better dance routines, mo betta music in practices PLUS he howls and barks at recruits front door. For a 700K delta, a deal.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Hand gesture to the mouth? Jim, inappropriate.

Explains the grin

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,350 Founders Club
    DeepSeaZ said:

Hand gesture to the mouth? Jim, inappropriate.

Explains the grin

Pressing
  • ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200

I wish we would have gotten Mora in 2007, but I'm not sure if he is as great as some of you think he is. His team lost 3 in a row to end the year and the defense (his specialty) sucked. His defenses with the Seahawks sucked as well, both when he was the head coach and when he was DB coach (his group was the worst on the team).

Could UCLA have gone 9-5 with Rick? I think it would have been possible. Hundley was the real reason for improvement. Prince and Brehaut were arguably the worst QB's in the conference and played a key role on getting Rick fired.

I'm not a cunt like Kim saying wait for Mora to implode, but the Mora dick sucking on here is a little strange. He really hasn't done shit yet.

UCLA was 9-3 with an easier than average schedule by pac-10 standards. Mora is recruiting very well. I'm not sure Rick would have had them at 9-3...maybe 8-4 at best.

UCLA actually lost a fair amount of talent and they do have to play Nebraska, USC, Oregon, Stanford and Arizona on the road with UW and ASU as their toughest games at home. If they went 9-3 that would be a great job by Mora where 8-4 would probably be my guess.

UCLA's easy schedule last year inflated Mora slightly but he still would have been an awesome hire for us.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

UCLA was 9-3 with an easier than average schedule by pac-10 standards. Mora is recruiting very well. I'm not sure Rick would have had them at 9-3...maybe 8-4 at best.

UCLA actually lost a fair amount of talent and they do have to play Nebraska, USC, Oregon, Stanford and Arizona on the road with UW and ASU as their toughest games at home. If they went 9-3 that would be a great job by Mora where 8-4 would probably be my guess.

UCLA's easy schedule last year inflated Mora slightly but he still would have been an awesome hire for us.
    Mora has been recruiting very well, but for the most part UCLA has always recruited well.

Now that I look at their schedule, I don't see them having that great of a year. Their defense is going to get shredded in those road games. Hundley and the offense is going to need to out up some big numbers to win some of those games.

Mora could very well be a big time coach like Petey. He could also be Al Groh or Dave Wandstett.

Mora has been recruiting very well, but for the most part UCLA has always recruited well.

Now that I look at their schedule, I don't see them having that great of a year. Their defense is going to get shredded in those road games. Hundley and the offense is going to need to out up some big numbers to win some of those games.

Mora could very well be a big time coach like Petey. He could also be Al Groh or Dave Wandstett.
    Well it sounds like you have your bases covered regardless of outcome.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Roaddawg55, I am very impressed with your insight and your ability structure sound opinions. You are a welcome addition to the discussions on this board.

Keep it up, we need more posters like yourself.