Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mariners Padres Thread 2/27

Oh I love that smell. No, it's not what the Rock is cooking; it's the smell of spring, even though it is winter. And today the boys of March take to the field to begin their defense of the Cactus League championship.

We are just 4 hours away as things are starting to stir as some of the players are working out. You can feel the excitement in the air. The players are excited to get this going, and there is a new attitude among these players as the Lloyd McClendon era begins.

I asked Robinson Cano how he felt about this first game. He responded, "There game today bro?" He acted like he was serious. What a guy!

Right now it is 62 degrees with highs in the upper 70s. Great weather and a great park for home runs, and the Mariners feast on these conditions.

Anyway, Shannon Drayer has motioned me over so I got to go.

Hope to poast updates throughout the game to keep you all up to date on the exciting goings on here in Peoria. If you don't hear from me or Shannon, you'll know we are busy.

Comments

• Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Can't wait for the updates, really excited to see which highly touted player is going to bust next.
  • Options
    SandyHookerSandyHooker Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Testing 1

Can't wait for the updates, really excited to see which highly touted player is going to bust next suck for us then get traded for another team's bust and become a star there.

• Options
    Ron_FairlyRon_Fairly Member Posts: 368
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    Mariners are off to a fantastic start. They have a 3-0 lead in the 6th and have 2 on with 1 out. Montero reached first on an error and needed oxygen.

I spoke with Montero before the game. Couldn't tell if he had a twinkie in his pocket or if he was glad to see me.

As I speak, Burt Reynolds just scored on a single by Xavier Avery. So it seems like Russell Wilson is not the only former college football star to be in spring training this season.

And now Montero just scored. Wow. He ran like Fetters would if there were a plate of nachos at home plate. Only Fetters is faster

By the way Cano has a hit and a walk and a run scored. He's batting 1.000. Had he not gotten a hit chances are his average would be .000

Anyway, it's 6-0 with the as the Ms were finally retired in the 6th.

Due up for San Diego.... who the hell knows
  • Options
    Ron_FairlyRon_Fairly Member Posts: 368
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    Final Score 7-1. Erasmo Ramirez got the win with a solid 2 innings pitched allowing no runs and no hits, struck out 1 and walked none.

Mariners 7 runs 10 hits and committed no errors, while San Diego was a #fuckingdreckfest committing 4 errors.

So the defense of the cactus league championship is successfully underway. The are 1-0. They play San Diego tomorrow again. If the Mariners win, they will be 2-0. However if they lose, it is likely they will be at 1-1. So we'll see.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2014
    Lol at no it's not what the rock is cooking. Ron Fairley is my second favorite poster here.
  • Options

Oh I love that smell. No, it's not what the Rock is cooking; it's the smell of spring, even though it is winter. And today the boys of March take to the field to begin their defense of the Cactus League championship.

We are just 4 hours away as things are starting to stir as some of the players are working out. You can feel the excitement in the air. The players are excited to get this going, and there is a new attitude among these players as the Lloyd McClendon era begins.

I asked Robinson Cano how he felt about this first game. He responded, "There game today bro?" He acted like he was serious. What a guy!

Right now it is 62 degrees with highs in the upper 70s. Great weather and a great park for home runs, and the Mariners feast on these conditions.

Anyway, Shannon Drayer has motioned me over so I got to go.

Hope to poast updates throughout the game to keep you all up to date on the exciting goings on here in Peoria. If you don't hear from me or Shannon, you'll know we are busy.

Die bitch. Did soccer just end for you? Looking for that other sport to carry you and your miserable life till soccer and softball start again? Find some other way to burn 5 hours of your life on a nightly basis. Good heavy, go to the woods, ride a bike, a horse, start woodworking, oil painting.

I hope Al Quieda blows up every park in the country (before the season starts of course), maybe then I don't have to hear about baseball and the mariners. I plug my eats and still can't stop the madness.