Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Final Eight thread

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Luka either wants him gone or Rick has the same issues that Luka has

I think it was just time to move on. I’m sure he will get scooped up quick but he hadn’t made it out of the first round of the playoffs in like 8 seasons or something. Sometimes a change of scenery is necassary.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Luka wants him gone. He thanked Dirk and Jason Kidd. No mention of Luka even tho he’s a superstar.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think it was just time to move on. I’m sure he will get scooped up quick but he hadn’t made it out of the first round of the playoffs in like 8 seasons or something. Sometimes a change of scenery is necassary.
    Portland or Milwaukee will hire him. He’s been at least a good coach for a long time. 13 years is a long time.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nate McMillen is one game from the conference finals

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The Dallas organization has had the same voices for a long time ... wouldn't be shocked if there's a relatively thorough house cleaning
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    The Bucks are a joke. Take the MVPs back.
    Tequilla said:

This is karma for him ruining what should have been an all time great rivalry in Cavs-Warriors.

That was ever a rivalry?

The only time the Cavs won was when LBJ stopped to trying to (and successfully pulling off) getting Draymond suspended

If KD isn’t with the Warriors, then it’s either then retaining Harrison Barnes or using the $$$ for a better player
    Draymond Green getting suspended for game 5 caused the Warriors to lose game 6 and 7 with Draymond Green.

Also, Love and Irving playing 4 combined quarters in the Finals the year before had no effect on the outcome.

I am a basketball expert.
  • Options
    I’m going to leave that fuck up in there because the Bucks are a joke and Giannis should be stripped of his MVPs.
  • Options

At a certain point you guys need to realize that if two All Stars and top 10 players get injured, it’s hard to win in the playoffs.

I’m not saying it’s not hard. I’m saying if he’s the best player in the world (many people are saying this!) then he’ll win anyways.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

This is karma for him ruining what should have been an all time great rivalry in Cavs-Warriors.

That was ever a rivalry?

The only time the Cavs won was when LBJ stopped to trying to (and successfully pulling off) getting Draymond suspended

If KD isn’t with the Warriors, then it’s either then retaining Harrison Barnes or using the $$$ for a better player
    Draymond Green getting suspended for game 5 caused the Warriors to lose game 6 and 7 with Draymond Green.

Also, Love and Irving playing 4 combined quarters in the Finals the year before had no effect on the outcome.

The best counter argument ever. Use it a lot myself

People that don't hate LeBron know how amazing beating the Warriors in that series was down 3 to 1 at the Oracle

• Options

The scuttlebutt is world renowned gambler Haralabos Voulgaris won some kind of power struggle in the organization and that’s the genesis of these changes. But it could just be Luka said they had to go.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

That was ever a rivalry?

You're so not good at anything tied to logic ...

In 2016, the Cavs weren't going to win Games 5 AND 7 on the road against a full Warriors team. LBJ set the trap and Draymond took it. Up until that point of the series, the Cavs had lost 3 games by double digits and had a blow out win in a must win Game 3.

If you don't understand how getting a break by playing the Warriors without one of their most critical players played a role in winning Game 5 on the road, leading to a Game 6 win back at home with the media circus surrounding Green/Warriors, and then setting up a 1 game scenario for the title didn't work out well for LBJ and just say but but but but but but ... then I can't help you.

As for Kevin Love, he largely wasn't a huge factor in those Finals series in a positive way for Cleveland mainly because of his defense. I'll give you Kyrie in 2015 but as noted, the presence of Kyrie didn't change things much in the first 4 games of 2016 nor in 2017 (but KD KD KD KD) ...

What I'm saying in terms of a rivalry was that the Warriors won 3 of the 4 Finals between the squads an I don't think there are many people out there that would say that the Cavs were going to win 3 straight in 2016 IF Draymond doesn't get suspended. But, in what is highly ironic to me, the choke job in 2016 by the Warriors and specifically the disappearance of Harrison Barnes led directly to getting KD in the offseason. Had the Warriors won in 2016 and Barnes performed at his normal level, while it's likely they still go after KD, it'd be interesting to see if the Warriors would have been aggressive given that they have a pretty established history of loyalty and may not break up a core member of the team that won 2 straight titles. Losing in 2016 gave them the reason to not get complacent and go after KD.

• Options
    This is the impact Kevin Love had-

Lebron 2015 Finals 38% fg 31% 3p
    Lebron 2016 Finals 49% fg 37% 3p

Igoudala won a Finals MVP because the Cavs had to play Thompson and Mozgov together, clogging up the paint. The Lebron Stopper got his ass roasted when there weren’t 4 players standing in the paint all game in 2016.
  • Options

Igoudala won a Finals MVP because the Cavs had to play Thompson and Mozgov together, clogging up the paint. The Lebron Stopper got his ass roasted when there weren’t 4 players standing in the paint all game in 2016.

There’s more to basketball than FG %
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #mygia.

Dude shouldn’t ever shoot a 3 again. He’s unstoppable getting the ball at the elbow and driving to the rim. Until the 4th qtr of course.

If Milwaukee had a real coach, they’d be a Champion this Season. Since they don’t. Durant and and a one legged Harden will advance to the Conference finals. For the life of me I don’t understand why Milwaukee doesn’t put #mygia on Durant in the 4th qtr.

#mygia struggles to shoot the basketball. But until tonight, Milwaukee kept defining insanity. Middleton is more than capable in big situations to shoot his way out of a bad possession. Until this gets dyed in the wool in Milwaukee, they will always be losers.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Rick likely left because his buddy Nelson was forced out of the upper management spot.

Luka is signing the max extension with Dallas. He has already intimated as much by answering "what do you think?" with a huge smile on his face when he was asked about it by reporters last month.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Kevin Love sucks. Hardly even a loss the year he was out. Losing Kyrie was big. Love is actually a bad player.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Who would have thought a previously unheard of would step up and get the Clippers to their Nederland?
  • Options

Kevin Love sucks. Hardly even a loss the year he was out. Losing Kyrie was big. Love is actually a bad player.
    He can be or good or as bad as you want him to be. Teams wouldn’t leave him open for 3 which created space for Lebron.