Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sabrina Ionescu: "Looking back, I should have gone to Washington."

Comments

• trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    You’re trying too hard.

Ever visit OSEwe in 1972-74.

The football was unwatchable.

Three yards and a cloud of dust.

My freshman year, Oregon went up 14-0 in first two series in the Civil War game at Corvallis.

First play, Donnie Reynolds receives hand-off from Dan Fouts and runs 80 yards up the middle for a TD.

OSU fumbles kickoff deep in their territory. Oregon scores. Oregon up 14-0.

Pouring rain. That OSU team couldn’t possibly score 14 points. I left.

Final: Oregon 31, OSU 3.

My sophomore year after a cross country race, I watched the second half of the UCLA game. UCLA ran the wishbone. Watched UCLA’s 2nd string QB run for 220 yards in the 2nd half.

Anybody that was an OSU fan from the early 70’s thru 1997 was a masochist.

OSU was a cool college town in 1972-74?

Umm, right.

I transferred from OSU after my sophomore year.

Hats off to your Godfather for his loyalty. The crowds were sparse . . . The product on the field was hopeless.

OSU had some great years under the old curmudgeon, Ralph Miller, who coached prior to the institution of the 3 point shot.

Since that time, they’ve mostly been a mess.

I’m a fan of both the Ducks and the Beavers . . .

Baseman said:

trublue said:

What did you run and for what team?

I ran cross country for OSU in the early 70’s for two years. Never ran a college race on Hayward Field.

Ran in the Northern Division meet at Corvallis in 1973 won by Prefontaine. Only race I ever dropped out of. Oregon went on to win the NCAA cross country championships that year. Dellinger was the head coach.

It was Pre’s last term of college eligibility. He skipped cross country the year before because of the ‘72 Olympics.

No, I didn’t hang with Pre, Terry Williams, Gary Barger or any of the others on that great team.

I was not recruited by or offered to run at UO.

Fuck you too, Damone.

So now it comes out. You're a Beav but you root for the Ducks. Wow, just wow.

And you had a chance to run against Pre and dropped out? what a Pussy.

What athlete has a chance to compete against the best and drops out? You saw Pre was bad ass. He was a Duck. As a Beav you wanted no part of him in the competitive arena and quit. Then when you graduated you became a Duck.

My Godfather was a big OSU alum. James Rogers was his name. He helped get Gary Payton to OSU and drove around in an old station wagon with a big OSU sticker on his car. He lived in Tacoma and my family were all Dawgs yet he refused to turncoat on his Beavs even when they sucked. He was rewarded when the shit Beavs upset UW at Husky stadium in 1985. He never ran from his team. Football. Basketball. Whatever the sport. He was all Beav, all the time.

Wow. Just wow. He's rolling over in his grave right now.
    I didn’t graduate from OSEwe.

I am not a Beaver alum.

The worst two years of my life were spent at OSU.

Kool college town. LOL.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    trublue said:

Baseman said:

trublue said:

I ran cross country for OSU in the early 70’s for two years. Never ran a college race on Hayward Field.

Ran in the Northern Division meet at Corvallis in 1973 won by Prefontaine. Only race I ever dropped out of. Oregon went on to win the NCAA cross country championships that year. Dellinger was the head coach.

It was Pre’s last term of college eligibility. He skipped cross country the year before because of the ‘72 Olympics.

No, I didn’t hang with Pre, Terry Williams, Gary Barger or any of the others on that great team.

Fuck you too, Damone.

What athlete has a chance to compete against the best and drops out? You saw Pre was bad ass. He was a Duck. As a Beav you wanted no part of him in the competitive arena and quit. Then when you graduated you became a Duck.

My Godfather was a big OSU alum. James Rogers was his name. He helped get Gary Payton to OSU and drove around in an old station wagon with a big OSU sticker on his car. He lived in Tacoma and my family were all Dawgs yet he refused to turncoat on his Beavs even when they sucked. He was rewarded when the shit Beavs upset UW at Husky stadium in 1985. He never ran from his team. Football. Basketball. Whatever the sport. He was all Beav, all the time.

I am not a Beaver alum.

Kool college town. LOL.
    Worst two years of your life? Worse than those Dawg fans in Autzen stadium? Sounds like you're dealing with some serious demons.

If the two years at OSU were so awful, why are you a fan?
    It’s the state I lived in.

I loved their wrestling program prior to it being gutted by Title IX.

Not a whole lot of sports in Oregon.

Always rooted for Beavs when they weren’t playing Ducks.

Doesn’t mean I watched or attended football games in 70’s or 80’s.
    Baseman said:

trublue said:

Baseman said:

trublue said:

Fuck you too, Damone.

I am not a Beaver alum.

Kool college town. LOL.
    Worst two years of your life? Worse than those Dawg fans in Autzen stadium? Sounds like you're dealing with some serious demons.

BTW: Speaking of bandwagon fans, funny how all those bumper stickers on Dawg fans’ vehicles disappeared from vehicles in the Portland metro area after the turn of the century.
    trublue said:

Baseman said:

trublue said:

Baseman said:

trublue said:

Fuck you too, Damone.

I am not a Beaver alum.

Kool college town. LOL.

BTW: Speaking of bandwagon fans, funny how all those bumper stickers on Dawg fans’ vehicles disappeared from vehicles in the Portland metro area after the turn of the century.
    Hilarious. Maybe they bought new cars or moved away.
    LOL . . . Right.
    trublue said:

LOL . . . Right.

I've never lived in Portland and I've never had a UW bumper sticker on any of my cars.

Do you have Tourette's? You can't answer a simple question without going off on some rant you LOL over that has nothing to do with the topic.

You've given us a lot to unpack over the last 24 hours. Did you experience a Sandusky like trauma in Corvallis? I'm confused and I think I speak for other posters, if the worst two years of your life were at OSU why are you a fan?

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,593 Swaye's Wigwam
    Portland bumper sticker angst

🤣
    haie said:

🤣

“P.S. . . . Crazy most people don’t know why he actually left Seattle.”
    trublue said:

haie said:

🤣

Low information quook angst

🤣
    haie said:

trublue said:

haie said:

🤣

🤣
    “P.S. . . Crazy most people don’t know why he left Seattle.”

I’ll simplify it for you, genius:
    1. $$$
    2. Sark
    3. Texas cares more.

Rinse. Lather. Repeat.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,601
    haie said:

🤣

Only poors and far right/left nutters put bumper stickers on their cars.
    trublue said:

haie said:

trublue said:

haie said:

🤣

🤣
    “P.S. . . Crazy most people don’t know why he left Seattle.”

I’ll simplify it for you, genius:
    1. $$$
    2. Sark
    3. Texas cares more.

Rinse. Lather. Repeat.
    Do you actually know that's the reason(s) though?

No, you don't.

I do.

Next.
    Do you have to belong to MOSS to get the answer?
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

🤣

Only poors and far right/left nutters put bumper stickers on their cars.
    Hmm . . . You’ve got a point there.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    trublue said:

Fuck you too, Damone.

Fuck off, loser.
    Fuck off, Damone. Let’s talk about how you ran at Hayward Field in college, your running career.

Actually, I don’t care,

You’re not here to talk, Kunt.

You know it, I know it.

Have a nice day!
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited June 2021
    trublue said:

Fuck off, Damone. Let’s talk about how you ran at Hayward Field in college, your running career.

Actually, I don’t care,

You’re not here to talk, Kunt.

You know it, I know it.

Have a nice day!

Each shit loser. Why would I want to talk to your dumb ass about my running career?

Fucking Cunt…with a C. Idiot.
    Damone: UW, Class of ???