Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ken Griswold knew better than anyone else Tyrone Willingham was awful at UW

How do I know? Griswold writes as much over and over and over again.

So why did Griswold (or the Dawgman staff) wait until midway through TW's fourth season in 2008 to produce an editorial calling for a new coach?

Any Husky fan worth a shit was publicly calling for Willingham's firing by the end of '07 at the very latest.

Now Ken's revisionist history makes it sound like everybody else was blind to Willingham's epic failure.

Comments

• Options
    Look here bud everyone here knows that nobody was harder on Ty than Kim.

To say otherwise is just being a twister. You don't want to be a twister now do you?

Do it again and you'll be gone. No warning just done.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

How do I know? Griswold writes as much over and over and over again.

So why did Griswold (or the Dawgman staff) wait until midway through TW's fourth season in 2008 to produce an editorial calling for a new coach?

Any Husky fan worth a shit was publicly calling for Willingham's firing after the Air Force game in 2005 at the very latest.

Now Ken's revisionist history makes it sound like everybody else was blind to Willingham's epic failure.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    1) Suddenly Senior Day

2) Blowing a 4th quarter lead w/ cluelessness to Arizona in '07

3) Losing to Wazzu in an Apple Cup by failing to cover a WR in '07 coming out of a timeout

4) Blowing 21 point leads to Hawaii 2x in '07

5) Letting someone keep their job by playing the race card ...

Anybody that actually thought that there was a way that Tyrone would have kept the job past 2008 was FS ... he was the definition of dead man walking.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tequilla said:

1) Suddenly Senior Day

3) Losing to Wazzu in an Apple Cup by failing to cover a WR in '07 coming out of a timeout

Anybody that actually thought that there was a way that Tyrone would have kept the job past 2008 was FS ... he was the definition of dead man walking.

#1 was when it was crystal clear he had to go. The 2006 team was decent and even held things together under a turnover prone backup QB (with a fucktard HC). He completely lost the team with that move.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Ken's a good guy.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'm hearing that whenever Tyrone's name came up, Kimberly ran outside though the garage door (I assume Dm.c originates from a garage) to punch holes in the sky and squeal in frustration hoping somehow to be heard. At least like a dead tree falling in the wilderness, he tried to warn us.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Thumbs up for the truth, plus the BJM avatar. Anton is the fucking man
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I"m hearing Kim is a midget fucking faggot that needs to die in a fire.

I'm also hearing that Grinolds is a teen boy chasing pedophile that will soon choke on a ham sandwich.

The rest of the crew will get theirs soon enough for being unabashed wastes of skin that harass teen boys and their parents and try to get the "jump" on Don James passing.

What a fucking joke they have become.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Tequilla said:

1) Suddenly Senior Day

Try the fuck should have never been hired to begin with! The mother fucker was just fired from ND and didn't exactly light the world on fire at Stanford either.

I was in total disgust when they hired Ty. That hire screamed "We don't give a fuck about football anymore" and was a bigger Fuck You to football fans than even August of 1993 was.

Just absolutely disgraceful that hire was.
    And then we one-upped the hire by re-hiring him for 2008.
  • Options
    The four year results of 12-47 and 0-12 state clearly to anybody who even fakes knowledge of football that Tyrone Willingham was the worst alltime hire in the history of Husky Football. However, most doogs acknowledged that in retrospect only after our favorite football program was clearly in the dumpster.

What seemed to be confusing, debatable, or outright disloyal and hateful in the minds of Kimberly and other expert doogs at Dm.c were the arguments by some of us at the time of his hiring that Tyrone simply couldn't be qualified for the UW job,.... because of his firing at Notre Dame and nuanced tenure at Stanford. In a very short time, the poster population at Dm.c was divided between anti-Willingham negadawgs and a much greater faction led by Kimberly and his followers who initially believed Tyrone walked on water as Husky Football's ultimate savior.

If Kimberly was unhappy with Willingham prior to the 2007 season, it could only have had something to do with access to Ty's program and as nothing to do with the football on gamedays. By the end of Tyrone's third season, most everybody who was willing to post an opinion at Dm.c wanted him gone and the darkest hour in all Husky hearts came when Emmert announced that the Fraud would have a fourth year to paint his 0-12 masterpiece.
  • Options
    Looking at how Kim embraced Sark and his bullshit 5-4 conference record every year while is skeptical of Petermen's 92-12 record is all the evidence that we need.

Kim didn't hate Ty because he was 12-47, he hated Ty because he granted no access. Had Ty been his buddy he wouldn't have hated Ty.

He also had a chance to put some pressure but chose not to. All the Seattle media was fucking cowards who hid behind the race card.

Many cunts including Dick Fain even went as far as to say you aren't a real Husky fan if you want Ty fired after year three.
  • Options

Looking at how Kim embraced Sark and his bullshit 5-4 conference record every year while is skeptical of Petermen's 92-12 record is all the evidence that we need.

Kim didn't hate Ty because he was 12-47, he hated Ty because he granted no access. Had Ty been his buddy he wouldn't have hated Ty.

He also had a chance to put some pressure but chose not to. All the Seattle media was fucking cowards who hid behind the race card.

Many cunts including Dick Fain even went as far as to say you aren't a real Husky fan if you want Ty fired after year three.

I'm probably politically incorrect in my beliefs about this, which is easy at my age, but anybody in Seattle or anywhere in any function who avoided criticism of Tyrone because they feared being accused of racism were actually the only ones playing the race card. Without any regard for the multiracial mob of fanatics that support Husky Football or the sport in general, anyone paying attention to who plays and coaches the game would know that what was happening to UW's football program during Willingham's tenure was disgusting to us all and damaging to our football interests, regardless of race or creed.

Those who preached and pontificated at the time that Willingham's firing in 2007 or before must be racially motivated were themselves the only racists concerned in the matter. For anyone who doesn't think that's true, simply recall how quiet it was all during and following 0-12. Husky Stadium might as well have been a mortuary and the 2008 season a wake. Thank you Dr. Emmert for your kind regard.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    edited February 2014
    There is a reason why Boobs said our fans deserved an 0-12 season. Those same dumb fucks deserve another one as they learned nothing from the last one.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,901
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

There is a reason why Boobs said our fans deserved an 0-12 season. Those same dumb fucks deserve another one as they learned nothing from the last one.

I remember getting into text and email debates with Doog friends and acquaintances in the fall of '07. It was incredible how low Husky fball standards had fallen in a little over three years. Gilby and Rick never would have survived 11-25 or anything near it. One of my friends pulled a huge told you so after Try bear Stanfraud (they were still bad then). Then a year later, he texts me "Fire him!" after AZ destroys us. These clowns are never right and they never learn.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I remember getting into text and email debates with Doog friends and acquaintances in the fall of '07. It was incredible how low Husky fball standards had fallen in a little over three years. Gilby and Rick never would have survived 11-25 or anything near it. One of my friends pulled a huge told you so after Try bear Stanfraud (they were still bad then). Then a year later, he texts me "Fire him!" after AZ destroys us. These clowns are never right and they never learn.
    Why did I call you a faggoty Doog again?
  • Options
    beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes
    Time to lett it go pimp thats two coaches ago and a dipshit administrator of a useless board way below the quality of crew here
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Tailgater said:

I'm probably politically incorrect in my beliefs about this, which is easy at my age, but anybody in Seattle or anywhere in any function who avoided criticism of Tyrone because they feared being accused of racism were actually the only ones playing the race card. Without any regard for the multiracial mob of fanatics that support Husky Football or the sport in general, anyone paying attention to who plays and coaches the game would know that what was happening to UW's football program during Willingham's tenure was disgusting to us all and damaging to our football interests, regardless of race or creed.

Those who preached and pontificated at the time that Willingham's firing in 2007 or before must be racially motivated were themselves the only racists concerned in the matter. For anyone who doesn't think that's true, simply recall how quiet it was all during and following 0-12. Husky Stadium might as well have been a mortuary and the 2008 season a wake. Thank you Dr. Emmert for your kind regard.

Tailgater you don't have to worry about being PC here, that's why this bored exists. Sheesh!