Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Played the AMC stonk

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    in Thailand!??
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,959
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,541
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Under $45 in after-hours. I predict a pop back up over $50 in early-AM trading.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

I think it falls to $40, then it pops
  • Options
    edited July 2021

Damn…I called that

Bought more at $41. Really happy about that
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Seems like this one is done.
  • Options
    Maybe

I'm still in. I averaged down, and I only have a couple stacks in it, so I'm willing to LIPO.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Damn…I called that

Still happy?
  • Options

Damn…I called that

Still happy?
    I'm not upset. I bought more at $31. Just averaging down with very little leverage. This is simply a short squeeze boom play or $500-$600 loss play. High reward/low risk. I only put around $2k in it and I'm down about $200 right now. It's just something to have fun with. If it booms and makes the news, I'll laugh and buy a hooker with my winnings. If it fails, I'll eat $500-$600 and take the loss.
  • Options

Damn…I called that

Still happy?
    Feeling pretty fucking good right now
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Damn…I called that

Still happy?
    Feeling pretty fucking good right now
    #metoo
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Damn 25%. Wonder if momentum will continue tomorrow. Depending on premarket I might try to play it
  • Options
    Founders Club
    $32. Shit is over. Hope @backthepack cashed out a while back and is busy doing hookers and blow.
  • Options
    edited August 2021

$32. Shit is over. Hope @backthepack cashed out a while back and is busy doing hookers and blow.

Nah, it’s not. Not financial advice, but I’m betting on an earnings stock surge after hours Monday
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nah, it’s not. Not financial advice, but I’m betting on an earnings stock surge after hours Monday
    Would you play Robinhood, especially after a big down day?

My plan of attack would be buy 2 minutes b4 the close on a day down 10% of more, then wait and see if the Reddit Warriors are in there the next day buying it up to show they are in charge.
  • Options
    godawgst said:

Would you play Robinhood, especially after a big down day?

My plan of attack would be buy 2 minutes b4 the close on a day down 10% of more, then wait and see if the Reddit Warriors are in there the next day buying it up to show they are in charge.
    Institutional investors are playing Robinhood, but the majority of retail investors are staying away. Tough play
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,273
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t care. Money is money. Market fundamentalists are weeping.

As my prof(who helped invent high frequency trading) enjoyed telling us. In a recession everything tends to be correlated to -1.

Make sure you're diversifying out of just stocks and crypto while the sun is shining. Buy a shitty starter house or condo. Buy some commodities. Shit, go hang out in rural Thailand for six months while day trading. Bubbles do burst. Have something to show for it when it inevitably does.

The real value is that you're learning to invest and play the game at a young age.
    I’ll be doing cocaine off coug co-eds backs soon. But yes. Im as diversified as I can be will still maintaining gains with the capital I have.
    Paging @backthepack have you diversified yet? And into what? Hope you didn't sell your cardano during the dip.

At least tell us you boofed some coke into a coed.
  • Options
    edited August 2021

As my prof(who helped invent high frequency trading) enjoyed telling us. In a recession everything tends to be correlated to -1.

Make sure you're diversifying out of just stocks and crypto while the sun is shining. Buy a shitty starter house or condo. Buy some commodities. Shit, go hang out in rural Thailand for six months while day trading. Bubbles do burst. Have something to show for it when it inevitably does.

The real value is that you're learning to invest and play the game at a young age.
    I’ll be doing cocaine off coug co-eds backs soon. But yes. Im as diversified as I can be will still maintaining gains with the capital I have.
    Paging @backthepack have you diversified yet? And into what? Hope you didn't sell your cardano during the dip.

Bought a few hundred in cardano at $1.20 range myself. Pretty pumped about that. Also put more money on Matic at .85 range and Chainlink at $15

I use Coinbase, and I just add $25 here and $50 there. I usually only buy on 5% or more drop days, so haven't bought much in the last week, except for Matic which was still hovering around $1.05 which I thought was still a great buy, and it's as of now $1.40, so I'm pumped about that too. I'm still small potatoes though. I only own about 500 matic and about the same in Cardano.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bought a few hundred in cardano at $1.20 range myself. Pretty pumped about that. Also put more money on Matic at .85 range and Chainlink at $15

I use Coinbase, and I just add $25 here and $50 there. I usually only buy on 5% or more drop days, so haven't bought much in the last week, except for Matic which was still hovering around $1.05 which I thought was still a great buy, and it's as of now $1.40, so I'm pumped about that too. I'm still small potatoes though. I only own about 500 matic and about the same in Cardano.
    Do you think bitcoin's dive from 50k to just below 30 before it's recent bounce washed all the weak hands out of it and vis a vis all the other Crypto currencies?

• Options
    godawgst said:

Do you think bitcoin's dive from 50k to just below 30 before it's recent bounce washed all the weak hands out of it and vis a vis all the other Crypto currencies?

I think more weak hands joined on this recent surge. Crypto is and has always been susceptible to volatile swings on news. Anything negative drives it down, and anything positive drives it up. While stocks are largely manipulated by banks and hedge funds, crypto is highly manipulated by "whales" early investors. These whales generally sell large blocks of crypto on bad news, which creates a temporary panic by paper hand weaklings, then the whales buy them back at cheaper prices. It's been that way for a long time. Crypto more than anything is a stronger buy the steeper that red candle is.