Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The new Doog

Swallowing everything that Peterman will do before he actually does it. He'll make a few mistakes just like any coach, don't be a sloppy dicklicker. High standards please.

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

I agree that you don't know what you really have in CP. And those that are cocksure that He's the savior are true Doogs.

But if ur gonna hate on swallowing.....

I'm out.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Most people here aren't gonna cut him any slack in his first year in the Pac, with a lack of experience at some positions (and justifiably so). One of the things that I at least am swallowing is his competence in putting a team together. We've gone over what he's done in the last couple months so I won't rehash it. Hell, when is the last time we've won some key recruiting battles over OSU and Oregon in the same fucking year? I think this coach deserves the benefit of the doubt for now. My senior year at UW was Sark's first, and the whole situation just reeked of over-hyped California bullshit that the doogpounders like to call "giving hope back to the program." Petersen has been all-business since he's arrived.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
  • Swallowing everything that Peterman will do before he actually does it. He'll make a few mistakes just like any coach, don't be a sloppy dicklicker. High standards please.

LEAVE!
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    salemcoog said:

I agree that you don't know what you really have in CP. And those that are cocksure that He's the savior are true Doogs.

I'm out.

Well he certainly is no Leach that is for sure but he is a lot better than Sark.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    "Hell, when is the last time we've won some key recruiting battles over OSU and Oregon in the same fucking year? "

Uh, when you were in like middle school we beat there ass like every year. We still kick OSU's ass in recruiting for the most part. .

" this coach deserves the benefit of the doubt for now. My senior year at UW was Sark's first..."

No shit?

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam

The new doogs are the people that blindly supported every single thing that Dude Brah did but are now questioning whether or not Petermen can get it done in the Pac12.

In other words, the new doogs are the same as the old doogs.

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    salemcoog said:

I'm out.

Swing and a miss.

We know what we have. But its fine for you to think otherwise if you want.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,947
    dnc said:

The new doogs are the people that blindly supported every single thing that Dude Brah did but are now questioning whether or not Petermen can get it done in the Pac12.

HRYK

These are the people who:
    - Loved Lambo (#HiPLSS!)
    - Hated Rick With The Rose Bowl.
    - Loved Gilby and his TUFF questions.
    - Loved Ty for cleaning up the program.
    - Loved Rick Without the Rose Bowel.
    = Aren't sure about Petersen.

Given their track record, I'd guess they're the ones who would have fired Don James after year 3/1988/abundance
    agree with that and agree w/ Race. Peterman has enough of a track record that he gets the benefit of the doubt. no doubt. and it's clear we have a grown up running things now. it was just as clear from the get-go that we didn't before.

one tiny little bit of doubt that lingers for me is this: he did what he did in totally different conference context than the Pac 12, and I thought Hawkins was a great coach too. not being negative, just observing the obvious there.

that said, yeah, there's reason to assume better things are on the way.

a doog is a doog is a doog. doesn't matter what era it is. there were Willingham doogs, if you can actually take yourself back far enough in time.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

dnc said:

HRYK

These are the people who:
    - Loved Lambo (#HiPLSS!)
    - Hated Rick With The Rose Bowl.
    - Loved Gilby and his TUFF questions.
    - Loved Ty for cleaning up the program.
    - Loved Rick Without the Rose Bowel.
    = Aren't sure about Petersen.

Given their track record, I'd guess they're the ones who would have fired Don James after year 3/1988/abundance
    agree with that and agree w/ Race. Peterman has enough of a track record that he gets the benefit of the doubt. no doubt. and it's clear we have a grown up running things now. it was just as clear from the get-go that we didn't before.

one tiny little bit of doubt that lingers for me is this: he did what he did in totally different conference context than the Pac 12, and I thought Hawkins was a great coach too. not being negative, just observing the obvious there.

that said, yeah, there's reason to assume better things are on the way.

a doog is a doog is a doog. doesn't matter what era it is. there were Lambright doogs, if you can actually take yourself back far enough in time.
    Obvious correction.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club
    We know Peterman will do just as well as SWS, and there's a 95% chance he will do better, incl. some ten win seasons, and probably a RB and top ten season every 3-5 years if not more frequently. Of course there's a chance of failure, but it seems very unlikely.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    I suppose it must be my upbringing which has taken longer than probably anybody else around here, but give me Bronco breath any day over scumbag. It's not the tradition of Trojan athletics coming to foul our turf by the lake that was so disgusting, but that a succession of UW presidents forced us for two decades to swallow USC's.... stain.