Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bad news for the narrative

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Despite a massive propaganda campaign stretching back for years Global Warming Climate Change just isn't catching on. People wouldn't even pay a dollar to stop it. I suspect any support it got in this poll as tepid as it was, came from the PR campaign.

https://newsmax.com/us/cei-poll-climate-change-publics-pending/2021/05/26/id/1022819/

hirty-five percent of registered voters are unwilling to spend even $1 a month out of pocket to mitigate climate change, according to a new national poll released by the Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI).

Fifty percent were unwilling to spend more than $10 out of pocket monthly in order to combat climate change, with only 15% saying they were willing to spend up to $10 of their own money on climate change policies.

Other results concerning climate change in the poll included:

While 67% of respondents are either somewhat concerned or very concerned about climate change, when asked if it was a factor in their vote in the election last year, 53% of respondents said no.
Only 6% of respondents said it was the top issue they considered when voting in the 2020 election.
Fifty-three percent of respondents said they would be somewhat or very unlikely to spend extra money to replace a gas-powered car with an electric vehicle. Only 25% said they would be very or somehat likely to do so, while 17% were neutral on the subject.
When asked to name the most important issue facing the country, 26% said the coronavirus pandemic, 22% mentioned jobs and the economy, 15% said immigration and border security, 10% named healthcare, 8% race relations, and only 5% said climate change.
When asked how President Joe Biden is handling climate change, 51% said they approved, 34% disapproved, and 15% were unsure or refused to answer.

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    When you cry wolf and Zoo York and Miami aren't under water, then people tune out.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,004
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Despite a massive propaganda campaign stretching back for years Global Warming Climate Change just isn't catching on. People wouldn't even pay a dollar to stop it. I suspect any support it got in this poll as tepid as it was, came from the PR campaign.

https://newsmax.com/us/cei-poll-climate-change-publics-pending/2021/05/26/id/1022819/

hirty-five percent of registered voters are unwilling to spend even $1 a month out of pocket to mitigate climate change, according to a new national poll released by the Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI).

Fifty percent were unwilling to spend more than $10 out of pocket monthly in order to combat climate change, with only 15% saying they were willing to spend up to $10 of their own money on climate change policies.

While 67% of respondents are either somewhat concerned or very concerned about climate change, when asked if it was a factor in their vote in the election last year, 53% of respondents said no.
    Only 6% of respondents said it was the top issue they considered when voting in the 2020 election.
    Fifty-three percent of respondents said they would be somewhat or very unlikely to spend extra money to replace a gas-powered car with an electric vehicle. Only 25% said they would be very or somehat likely to do so, while 17% were neutral on the subject.
    When asked to name the most important issue facing the country, 26% said the coronavirus pandemic, 22% mentioned jobs and the economy, 15% said immigration and border security, 10% named healthcare, 8% race relations, and only 5% said climate change.
    When asked how President Joe Biden is handling climate change, 51% said they approved, 34% disapproved, and 15% were unsure or refused to answer.

Great use of my favorite gif. I approve.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Fuck. I did it again, didn’t I
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    This is so bizarre. Multiple threads to claim victory that 65% of the country is on my side of an issue.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,948

This is so bizarre. Multiple threads to claim victory that 65% of the country is on my side of an issue.

Your maff skills are on par with Vernon Adams.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,022
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Here is a free market thought - If you want to spend more for something, feel free. But with leftards its never about economic choice but mandates. Like the dazzler telling us he is undertaxed but won't pay his fair share unless the government makes everyone pay it at the threat of armed force.
  • Options

Here is a free market thought - If you want to spend more for something, feel free. But with leftards its never about economic choice but mandates. Like the dazzler telling us he is undertaxed but won't pay his fair share unless the government makes everyone pay it at the threat of armed force.
    I’m sorry, this country is a democracy, not some anarcho capitalist hell hole.

If you don’t like the freedoms that democracy gives us, then you can get the fuck out.
  • Options

If you don’t like the freedoms that democracy the Constitution gives us, then you can get the fuck out.
    This country is actually a Constitutional Federal Republic.

Which is a form of democracy.

Take it up with the idiot that wants the free market to replace it.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

If you don’t like the freedoms that democracy gives us, then you can get the fuck out.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what they are going to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” Benjamin Franklin.

Now Fuck off!
    Ben Franklin never said that.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029

Sledog said:

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what they are going to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” Benjamin Franklin.

Now Fuck off!
    Ben Franklin never said that.
    Prove it. That guy carried two pistols everywhere he went.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

"We're" not a democracy cuntard.
  • Options
    edited May 2021

If you don’t like the freedoms that democracy the Constitution gives us, then you can get the fuck out.
    This country is actually a Constitutional Federal Republic.

Which is a form of democracy.

Take it up with the idiot that wants the free market to replace it.
    Barely. In fact, the founders put in virtually every safeguard possible to AVOID a direct democracy. Despite what you pro-authoritarian revisionists may want to keep pumping out as bullshit.

https://www.heritage.org/american-founders/report/america-republic-not-democracy

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

I need a 40 year chart. I’m sure there are fluctuations year to year on this.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m part of the 65%. The government and “experts” have been wrong about everything my entire life and I have no reason to believe they are right on the man made climate “crisis”. The fact it’s labeled as a crisis makes me even more skeptical since, much like Covid-19®️, panic and fear in the population makes control of the population a breeze. So there is a motivation to generate a crisis.

So why would I be in the 65%, if I was asked to kick in $12 a year, sure, why not? If man made climate change is bullshit, then who cares, it’s $12. If it’s not bullshit (unlikely), I did my part! I am the 65%.
  • Options

I’m part of the 65%. The government and “experts” have been wrong about everything my entire life and I have no reason to believe they are right on the man made climate “crisis”. The fact it’s labeled as a crisis makes me even more skeptical since, much like Covid-19®️, panic and fear in the population makes control of the population a breeze. So there is a motivation to generate a crisis.

So why would I be in the 65%, if I was asked to kick in $12 a year, sure, why not? If man made climate change is bullshit, then who cares, it’s $12. If it’s not bullshit (unlikely), I did my part! I am the 65%.
    You should share a climate change story and use the 'heart' emoticon on Facebook, too!!!

#courage