Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Darrell Daniels

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,593
Remember his hit on the kickoff that was flagged because it was so huge the ref threw it out of sympathy (or incompetence)?

Here is DD at work from the Safety spot in high school:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8m-NTfV6EA

Depending on what happens with Stringfellow, does anyone else see Darrell Daniels making his money in the NFL as a Kam Chancellor -like player? The knock on Daniels is that he isn't a natural WR and he could see the field faster as an SS (with Budda or Kevin King as FS).

We are still pretty deep at TE with RS-SR Hartvigson, RS-JR Perkins (also an H-back type), and RS-Frosh Ajamu with Drew Sample coming in to RS.

At WR, KW will be a SR, Marvin Hall with be an RS-JR, Mickens will be a JR, Ross will be a Soph, Stringfellow will be a soph, and Pettis will be a true frosh. Is 6 scholarship WRs too few?

At SS, Parker is gone and we don't have a specimen close to Daniels at safety. I can see BB and guys like Kevin King and Trevor Walker competing for the FS and the guys who don't get it being the top back-ups...plus Daniels competing for SS with King or Walker would mean we could RS all of the 2014 recruits who will be at safety.

Imagine a base D of this:

WDE: Kikaha (6'2 or 6'3", ~ 260 lbs)

NT: Shelton (6'1" ~ 320 lbs)

DT: E. Hudson (6'5" ~ 285 lbs)

Rush: Littleton (6'3", should be about 240-245 lbs by the fall)

LB: Timu (6'1" ~ 235)

LB: Feeney (6'4" ~ 230 lbs)

Rover: Shaq (6'2" ~ 230 lbs)

SS: Daniels (6'4" ~ 235 lbs)

FS: Baker at 5'8" or 5'9" and similar to Earl Thomas (or Kevin King at 6'3" and about 200 lbs?)

CB: Peters at 5'11" 185 lbs

CB: Probably RS-Frosh Jermaine Kelly at 6'2" and ~ 185 lbs (Enewally and Hale as the top back-ups?)

Compared to last year's D, it would be Feeney replacing the departed Fuiamaono, 6'4" 234 lbs (measurements very similar to Chancellor) Darrel Daniels replacing the departed Sean Parker, Army All-American Budda Baker replacing Shamburger (or Kevin King), and RS-Frosh and former 4 star Jermaine Kelly.

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam
    Replace Littleton with Shirley, other then that those starters look legit.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,593
    I think Littleton has a higher ceiling and he started over Shirley last year as a true soph. Shirley hasn't been able to put on weight (will be an RS-SR next year and his sacks have decreased each year) while Littleton should be 240-245 by fall ball.

Would love to see Shirley in sub-packages though since he still has 18 career sacks so far.

Replace Littleton with Shirley, other then that those starters look legit.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    For once in my miserable life, I trust the coaches to put the players at the best position. Many have been salivating over Daniels' defensive potential since he committed, but I actually believe in this staff's ability to evaluate and use the talent on hand. If Daniels never gets moved to D, there's probably a reason for it.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,926 Swaye's Wigwam
    Daniels was born to score touchdowns.

Unless he really can't catch. Then he was born to be a run stuffing safety.

Fuck if I know.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2014
    How bad are his hands?

It seems whenever I hear about Daniels, the one thing that always comes up is that he can't catch, but I'm not sure who the source is on that.

Like, does he have stone-hands or is he like UW-Kearse with the drops?

If he's alright, I wouldn't mind seeing him stay on offense since there's plenty of talent on the defense, though it's a little suspect in the secondary right now. And I'm sure I'll change my opinion once spring camp is over.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,593
    For sure and if the coaches keep Daniels on offense, tough for me to argue and we're only talking about it because he's such a beast.
    dnc said:

For once in my miserable life, I trust the coaches to put the players at the best position. Many have been salivating over Daniels' defensive potential since he committed, but I actually believe in this staff's ability to evaluate and use the talent on hand. If Daniels never gets moved to D, there's probably a reason for it.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I bet peterman can figure it out.
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    I like it ...

The only bone I have to pick is that King isn't anywhere near 200# ... He might be 180...
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    HFNY said:

Remember his hit on the kickoff that was flagged because it was so huge the ref threw it out of sympathy (or incompetence)?

Here is DD at work from the Safety spot in high school:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8m-NTfV6EA

Depending on what happens with Stringfellow, does anyone else see Darrell Daniels making his money in the NFL as a Kam Chancellor -like player? The knock on Daniels is that he isn't a natural WR and he could see the field faster as an SS (with Budda or Kevin King as FS).

We are still pretty deep at TE with RS-SR Hartvigson, RS-JR Perkins (also an H-back type), and RS-Frosh Ajamu with Drew Sample coming in to RS.

At WR, KW will be a SR, Marvin Hall with be an RS-JR, Mickens will be a JR, Ross will be a Soph, Stringfellow will be a soph, and Pettis will be a true frosh. Is 6 scholarship WRs too few?

At SS, Parker is gone and we don't have a specimen close to Daniels at safety. I can see BB and guys like Kevin King and Trevor Walker competing for the FS and the guys who don't get it being the top back-ups...plus Daniels competing for SS with King or Walker would mean we could RS all of the 2014 recruits who will be at safety.

Imagine a base D of this:

WDE: Kikaha (6'2 or 6'3", ~ 260 lbs)

NT: Shelton (6'1" ~ 320 lbs)

DT: E. Hudson (6'5" ~ 285 lbs)

Rush: Littleton (6'3", should be about 240-245 lbs by the fall)

LB: Timu (6'1" ~ 235)

LB: Feeney (6'4" ~ 230 lbs)

Rover: Shaq (6'2" ~ 230 lbs)

SS: Daniels (6'4" ~ 235 lbs)

FS: Baker at 5'8" or 5'9" and similar to Earl Thomas (or Kevin King at 6'3" and about 200 lbs?)

CB: Peters at 5'11" 185 lbs

CB: Probably RS-Frosh Jermaine Kelly at 6'2" and ~ 185 lbs (Enewally and Hale as the top back-ups?)

Compared to last year's D, it would be Feeney replacing the departed Fuiamaono, 6'4" 234 lbs (measurements very similar to Chancellor) Darrel Daniels replacing the departed Sean Parker, Army All-American Budda Baker replacing Shamburger (or Kevin King), and RS-Frosh and former 4 star Jermaine Kelly.

Uh where have you been? We've been talking about a switch to defense since he stepped on campus. Sark is the ignant fuck who put him on offense and didn't redshirt him. He could be an all pac12 olb, and it's a tragedy he didn't get a RS year to learn the position.
  • ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    I wouldn't mind seeing Shirley move to strongside LB, Feeney on the weak side, and Shaq going back to strong safety playing close to the LOS in the box kinda like Chancellor. It all really depends on what they see out of Budda. If he can roam the middle and control it similar to Earl we could actually have a defense that somewhat resembles the Hawks. We have a surplus of edge rushers in Kikaha, Shirley, Littleton, Faria, etc. I think our DL could actually be a force this year if either Mathis or Qualls steps up and replaces Hudson. Kelly has size on the outside, and Peters is pretty damn lockdown.

Budda is the key to our D. Unfair responsibility to put on a true freshman but he's going to have to live up to the hype.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    I have a strong feeling, lots of players will be more productive in their true positions, as dictated by real coaches