Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

CA median home value hits 813k up 34% y-o-y

Comments

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,312
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Hearing stories here in NoVa of people losing bids for 200K over asking, with 300-400K winning. On homes in the >800K range

Just what I'm hearing, don't twist.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Yea it’s sick that I make decent money but live in the bay so am relatively speaking comparatively still a poor and will never be able to own a decent house within an hour of San Francisco. Fuck this bullshit I’m moving to Phoenix.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

In our shitty little HOA where we rent, tract homes are now approaching an 800K listing price. A 3 hour slog commute from LA in non pandemic times. The point of these outland areas was good schools and big homes at a low price so the two dads don't mind spending their lives in a car every day driving to and from work.

Should be 300-400K at todays rate.

As an aside and I know nobody wants to think about it but in 2005 leading to the big short in 06 and 07 homes around here were hitting 500-600K

Became available as bank owns and at auction for 300-400K and it began again

Saw an article that Phoenix is exploding with million dollar homes now as values race to the sky.

Would have been a good flip market the last 3 years or so

Like many here I am nails at spotting trends after they happen

People commute from Temecula to LA ? I always thought it was San Diego or bust from there.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    But I was told that everybody is leaving
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Why not both?

We work from Bakersfield to El Centro
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

Beautiful weather is intoxicating. People will take years off of their lives via stressful careers for such a thing.

I've been here in Maui and the infrastructure is a joke. Parts of it looks like central Oregon fucking wasteland stuff even. But the 🌈 and beaches and warm weather appears to overcome all of that for people.

I'm not judging, people should do what tf they want to.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I read the house in Training Day is in the market for 1.1 million. The house is shitty and by Dodger Stadium. That isn’t a very nice or desirable area to most people.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I read the house in Training Day is in the market for 1.1 million. The house is shitty and by Dodger Stadium. That isn’t a very nice or desirable area to most people.

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,517
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

The house where they kill Scott Glenn and steal his stash?
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,948
    haie said:

BearsWiin said:

Beautiful weather is intoxicating. People will take years off of their lives via stressful careers for such a thing.

I've been here in Maui and the infrastructure is a joke. Parts of it looks like central Oregon fucking wasteland stuff even. But the 🌈 and beaches and warm weather appears to overcome all of that for people.

I had lunch in Wailuku last month, pretty gritty in places

I love Maui but I'd go stir crazy if I lived there
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,517
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

BearsWiin said:

I thought it was pretty well known that outside of the main tourist spots Hawaii was borderline 3rd world
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In Thurston county, have a family member who is a very successful real estate agent. He is telling of properties where not only you have to be 50k over on a 450 ask, but then have escalators for another 60-75k if you want to get the property. Average time on the market last several months has been 4 days for properties to sell.

His belief is this is one year away from crashing ala 2008. Last straw will be 14 million people currently in places that have not paid mortgage/rent b/c of the Virus that will be moving on to somewhere.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

In Thurston county, have a family member who is a very successful real estate agent. He is telling of properties where not only you have to be 50k over on a 450 ask, but then have escalators for another 60-75k if you want to get the property. Average time on the market last several months has been 4 days for properties to sell.

His belief is this is one year away from crashing ala 2008. Last straw will be 14 million people currently in places that have not paid mortgage/rent b/c of the Virus that will be moving on to somewhere.

That's really the only thing that can kill it. I've been waiting for the foreclosure moratorium (IOW "the other shoe") to drop. On the other hand, I'm reading that investors are buying up properties. It's possible that the foreclosures will be snapped up by institutional investors and the whole madness will continue.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

BearsWiin said:

I thought it was pretty well known that outside of the main tourist spots Hawaii was borderline 3rd world
    Definitely some time of the lowest standard of living I’ve driven through in the US are parts of HI. Makes @Swaye ’s trailer on the Rez look like the Ritz.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why not both?

I don’t know If El Centro or Bakersfield is the armpit of California. It’s pretty close.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,264

Why not both?

I don’t know If El Centro or Bakersfield is the armpit of California. It’s pretty close.
    "We" have two armpits, why not California?...abundance gif
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    I'm quite pleased I've been saving. When the shit crashes I'm poised for a nice pickup