Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The scuttlebutt re: Haden, Sark and Orgeron

Comments

• Tequilla said:

Is this the same guy that told you Mora to UW was a done deal?

Derek's silence in this thread speaks volumes. The gloves were taken off.
    Derek wants to roll?
    I'm hearing from a reliable source that also said Mora is going to UW is a done deal and that Haden was going to hire Petermen that Derek wants to get down in a pissing match.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

For some reason, I just don't see Petermen going to SC in the first place. He knows who he is and what he wants. He knows he's not a good fit personally at SC and could be picky. I do believe it was a mutual balking. Though I still think he'd kill it down there, but unless Haden planned catering to his demands I just can't see it being a good cultural fit.

Why wouldn't Petersen be a good fit at SC?
  • LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447

Yes, this is a "what I'm hearing", but it comes from a dependable person I know in LA.

Petersen interviewed at USC and would have taken the job if offered. Pat Haden, already under fire from fans and knowing how much Ed Orgeron was loved by the fan base, declined to offer Petersen and hired Sark largely on the belief that Sark would be able to retain Orgeron and make everyone happy. But that part of it blew up in his face when Orgeron stormed out and quit.

How different might our world be right now had Pat Haden hired Petersen and we were still stuck with Corky?

According to my source in Boise, Petersen would not take the SC job. Same source who made initial contact with Petersen regarding the Husky job.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Yes, this is a "what I'm hearing", but it comes from a dependable person I know in LA.

Petersen interviewed at USC and would have taken the job if offered. Pat Haden, already under fire from fans and knowing how much Ed Orgeron was loved by the fan base, declined to offer Petersen and hired Sark largely on the belief that Sark would be able to retain Orgeron and make everyone happy. But that part of it blew up in his face when Orgeron stormed out and quit.

How different might our world be right now had Pat Haden hired Petersen and we were still stuck with Corky? </blockquo

I heard Petersen didn't Interview well in terms of his dedication to the long run. But i think i read that

wtf? I thought Pete didn't see himself coaching in 10 years and that rubbed Haden the wrong way. USC would take Pete over Sark in a heartbeat in the short run. Watch Sark go 12-1 in 3 years and bolt to the Raiders. Haden and his pink glasses are going to get canned soon anyway so what does it matter. Question is, who is Haden ' s successor? Prolly won't be long.

• DeepPurpleDeepPurple Member Posts: 201
    I'm sure Pete would have been great at USC, if they had offered him, just like I'm sure Don James would have been great at Colorado, if they had offered him the year before we did (but they hired somebody else instead after interviewing James...).

To me... the story just sounds like somebody at USC trying to claim "we could have hat Pete if we had really wanted him".

Sark is their problem now.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    LevelPar said:

According to my source in Boise, Petersen would not take the SC job. Same source who made initial contact with Petersen regarding the Husky job.

What you have from your source is the same understanding I've heard here in Boise from those claiming to have inside information on what occurred between Petersen and Haden. Petersen did not "interview at SC", but met with Haden here in Boise on the Sunday before Sark's announced resignation from UW on the following Monday or Tuesday. Haden's visit in Boise was very short and rumor has it that Petersen was never offered the SC job, but agreed to listen to Haden as he had to others in the past.

All during the week between the Haden-Petersen meeting and Coach Pete accepting the UW job, there was a story out of L.A. tossed around here in Boise that claimed Haden was disappointed in Petersen's lack of enthusiasm for what SC's expectations for a new head coach (in the mold of Pete Carroll?) would be. Sources claiming to be close to what actually happened from Petersen's side called out the L.A. story as bullshit. The story here is that Petersen didn't solicit the interview, but agreed to a meeting if Haden stopped in Boise on his way to Seattle and their tet-a-tet never got close to a job offer.

• unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    edited February 2014
    called out the L.A. story as bullshit

Sounds true to me, always a bunch of feces emanating from LA

In the end, who cares ...we get CP, they get In-Out-Burger-Boy
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627

You never point out when he's right.

• 90sHuskyFan90sHuskyFan Member Posts: 215

In the end, who cares ...we get CP, they get In-Out-Burger-Boy

I'm all for bashing Sark but if we're going to bash In-n-Out Burger I'm out!!!

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,570 Swaye's Wigwam
    Of course people in LA are going to think that USC chose Sark over Petersen. This and the fucking story about that Cal-guy-who-gave-coffee-with-lots-of-money-to-uw-recruits-or-some-shit coming out of LA. Wtf is up with that city, they have a passive-aggressive loathing of us that is right up there with standing next to cougar fan at the store while decked in p & g.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    If you take Petersen & Belotti at face value then the USC version is horseshit and Tailgater nailed it.

Petersen clearly sees himself as a NW guy and came up the coaching ladder while UW was at its peak and dominated. So he knows what UW is capable of. Given Petersen's somewhat reserved personality and comfort with the NW, he sees UW as the best job for him. I think in recent years all of us assumed it would be Oregon. 50-50 chance he probably could have succeeded Belotti if he wanted. But he told him UW was the job he wanted.
  • d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109

When does anybody point out when ANYBODY is right in here?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,509 Founders Club

Fair question -- and no it wasn't.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,509 Founders Club

I'm dealing with a personal situation that came up yesterday and won't be around as much for a few days.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,971 Founders Club

If true Haden is a dumb cunt

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    d2d said:

When does anybody point out when ANYBODY is right in here?
    Whooooosh
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I'm dealing with a personal situation that came up yesterday and won't be around as much for a few days.
    Ts and Ps to you and your cruddy kid.