Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The scuttlebutt re: Haden, Sark and Orgeron

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,510 Founders Club
Yes, this is a "what I'm hearing", but it comes from a dependable person I know in LA.

Petersen interviewed at USC and would have taken the job if offered. Pat Haden, already under fire from fans and knowing how much Ed Orgeron was loved by the fan base, declined to offer Petersen and hired Sark largely on the belief that Sark would be able to retain Orgeron and make everyone happy. But that part of it blew up in his face when Orgeron stormed out and quit.

How different might our world be right now had Pat Haden hired Petersen and we were still stuck with Corky?

Comments

• SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,105 Swaye's Wigwam
    I may have joined the trio of fuckos in the gasoline filled hot tub
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I'm still not convinced that Sark would have been retained by Woodward
  • I don't deal with hypotheticals.

Sark is gone, Peterman is in, that is all that matters and I couldn't care less how it got there.

THIS! Who gives a fuck how we got here. Sometimes you need a little luck in sports and this was our break that we got.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    That was my worst possible scenario.....add in Wilcox going to UO though as DC. We would have lost all our best assistants and kept our worst ones.

Yes, this is a "what I'm hearing", but it comes from a dependable person I know in LA.

Petersen interviewed at USC and would have taken the job if offered. Pat Haden, already under fire from fans and knowing how much Ed Orgeron was loved by the fan base, declined to offer Petersen and hired Sark largely on the belief that Sark would be able to retain Orgeron and make everyone happy. But that part of it blew up in his face when Orgeron stormed out and quit.

How different might our world be right now had Pat Haden hired Petersen and we were still stuck with Corky?

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    We would have avoided the Kremlin situation we now find ourselves in and Sark would have set the recruiting world on fire. Peter Sirmon told Kim so while Kim was shining his shoes.

Instead we have a non Kim fan friendly regime in place that recruits appropriate #s of linemen can't overstock the WR position with guys who pan out at about a 1/4 clip long athletes with great hips.
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    If true Haden is a dumb cunt
  • kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    In the above scenario, it seems plausible that Sark bolts for a pro job (looking at you, Cleveland) and we get our choice of Deruyter, Wilcox, Nussmeier etc. Fucking A, how lucky did we really get?
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    Very lucky

None of those coaches have the experience of Petersen
    kh83 said:

In the above scenario, it seems plausible that Sark bolts for a pro job (looking at you, Cleveland) and we get our choice of Deruyter, Wilcox, Nussmeier etc. Fucking A, how lucky did we really get?

• allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    Is this the same guy that told you Mora to UW was a done deal?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Orgeron was an absolute dreckfest as a head coach at Ole Miss. Like really fucking bad.

How fucking stupid are these USC fans to think that Orgeron had anything to do with their mini-revival (which was just a typical dead coach bounce) and should be the HC?

True.

OTOH, maybe they're just pissed they hired Sark.

• DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    For some reason, I just don't see Petermen going to SC in the first place. He knows who he is and what he wants. He knows he's not a good fit personally at SC and could be picky. I do believe it was a mutual balking. Though I still think he'd kill it down there, but unless Haden planned catering to his demands I just can't see it being a good cultural fit.
  • Is this the same guy that told you Mora to UW was a done deal?

Derek's silence in this thread speaks volumes. The gloves were taken off.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Is this the same guy that told you Mora to UW was a done deal?

Derek's silence in this thread speaks volumes. The gloves were taken off.
    Derek wants to roll?