Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We need a general tweet of the day thread

Comments

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Blu82 said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

More good news for prospective American homeowners, nothing like a good dose of bidenomics to help Americans.

THE GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING!

cried the "libertarians"
    Our mythical MBA with some more incoherent analysis. The government did do something. They shut down the American small business sector and halted our increasing production of oil and gas and then papered it over with a huge increase in the money supply with the explanation that Milton Friedman isn't in charge anymore. And like a 5 dollar whore you swallowed and then voted for it. Telling the government to stop doing something isn't the same as asking it to print more money. Hope that helps.
    We artificially propped up demand in covid by printing money and sending it out in order to justify the government shutdown of the supply side of the equation by forcing people out of work. Crazy that we have real pain as a result.
    Not crazy that we had some inflation at all. In fact, there were already so many inflationary pressures in the economy that it's surprising how long it took to get some inflation. And now a lot of the short-lived supply chain pressures are subsiding. My sympathies to you gals who always want to look hopefully to the Weimar Republic as your model for political succession.
    So, what were the "many inflationary pressures"?
    Be sure to use your big words.
    Our demographics dictate that we have had growing entitlement spending while simultaneously experiencing a labor shortage. And then we had the 2018 tax cut as well.

That’s all inflationary.
    I agree that entitlement spending being dished out faster than it comes in, and tax cuts are inflationary policies.

Why did it start only in 2021 though?
    We have plenty of money. "Tax cuts" aren't the problem. If you want less of something, tax it. If you want more of something (like sloth) you subsidize it. Raising taxes so we can subsidize chicom solar panels and wind turbines and associated required metals is not any solution if you want a growing economy. Raising taxes so the US can continue to be the world's welfare magnet and then complaining about entitlement spending is not a solution.
    Tax cuts are inflationary absent spending cuts.

Sorry that hurts you in the feels, Margaret.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,008 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Blu82 said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

More good news for prospective American homeowners, nothing like a good dose of bidenomics to help Americans.

cried the "libertarians"
    Our mythical MBA with some more incoherent analysis. The government did do something. They shut down the American small business sector and halted our increasing production of oil and gas and then papered it over with a huge increase in the money supply with the explanation that Milton Friedman isn't in charge anymore. And like a 5 dollar whore you swallowed and then voted for it. Telling the government to stop doing something isn't the same as asking it to print more money. Hope that helps.
    We artificially propped up demand in covid by printing money and sending it out in order to justify the government shutdown of the supply side of the equation by forcing people out of work. Crazy that we have real pain as a result.
    Not crazy that we had some inflation at all. In fact, there were already so many inflationary pressures in the economy that it's surprising how long it took to get some inflation. And now a lot of the short-lived supply chain pressures are subsiding. My sympathies to you gals who always want to look hopefully to the Weimar Republic as your model for political succession.
    Our demographics dictate that we have had growing entitlement spending while simultaneously experiencing a labor shortage. And then we had the 2018 tax cut as well.

That’s all inflationary.
    I agree that entitlement spending being dished out faster than it comes in, and tax cuts are inflationary policies.

We have plenty of money. "Tax cuts" aren't the problem. If you want less of something, tax it. If you want more of something (like sloth) you subsidize it. Raising taxes so we can subsidize chicom solar panels and wind turbines and associated required metals is not any solution if you want a growing economy. Raising taxes so the US can continue to be the world's welfare magnet and then complaining about entitlement spending is not a solution.

So, cut spending. That's where the inflation is. I notice you had no comment on sending money to the chicoms for dirty, not green or reliable renewables or continuing the US as an open border world welfare magnet.

PS Feel free to send in your fair share of your undertaxed ass.

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Blu82 said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

cried the "libertarians"

That’s all inflationary.

So, cut spending. That's where the inflation is. I notice you had no comment on sending money to the chicoms for dirty, not green or reliable renewables or continuing the US as an open border world welfare magnet.

Thanks Einstein! We've had this same conversation for 20 + years. It's never been a mystery where the big money in the budget is. There's no will to cut it whatsoever. Your team just wants to keep putting it on the credit card.

I prefer to live in reality. And when I said taxes should go up, I didn't mean only my own. That tired old "you could just send more in" refrain isn't cutting it.
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

Blu82 said:

HHusky said:

Bob_C said:

HHusky said:

cried the "libertarians"

That’s all inflationary.

Thanks Einstein! We've had this same conversation for 20 + years. It's never been a mystery where the big money in the budget is. There's no will to cut it whatsoever. Your team just wants to keep putting it on the credit card.

I prefer to live in reality. And when I said taxes should go up, I didn't mean only my own. That tired old "you could just send more in" refrain isn't cutting it.
    What does hundreds of billions of dollars for open borders and expensive weak green renewables accomplish? That's reality. What did causing trillions of damage to our economy for covid lockdowns accomplish? That's reality. Your reality is that the vaxxes were among the most effective vaccines ever and then your argument about forced vaccinations was using the polio vaxx as a great example although the polio virus doesn't mutate, and doesn't spread through aerosolized virus particles. Mr. Conservative and Mr. Science you are not. You do claim a hypothetical MBA that didn't include any classes on internal controls, auditable results and budgeting.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,087 Standard Supporter
    Printing money causes inflation. We are printing like mad. How much does it cost to keep all the illegals in hotels, facilities welfare. rent, food, clothes, medical care, etc etc etc? 100's of billions for the Demonrat money laundry Ukraine. This shit is your inflation.
    Sledog said:

Printing money causes inflation. We are printing like mad. How much does it cost to keep all the illegals in hotels, facilities welfare. rent, food, clothes, medical care, etc etc etc? 100's of billions for the Demonrat money laundry Ukraine. This shit is your inflation.

They vote the right way, so it is all good. All you need to vote is to check a box and have an utility bill or paycheck stub (among other bull sh*t proof of ID). That's what our hypothetical MBA and expert on internal controls calls more than sufficient proof of citizenship.

• EverettChrisEverettChris Member Posts: 3,578
    Not even sure what to say about this except in the old days that guy would be central casting for a kid diddler in an ABC Afternoon Special.
    I won't. The dementia patient isn't scared. He has an all time sh*tty record to run on and he doesn't even know what that record is. Frankly, I don't think he makes it to the convention. It will be Newsom and the fall out from not giving it to a half black woman VP with a family history of slavery will be worth the price of admission.

I’ll do whatever I have to do to support Ukraine.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,901 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

I'm hearing PGOS wants to be pegged. Are you man enough?

pawz said:

HHusky said:

Oh you kids with your hip lingo.
    HHusky said:

pawz said:

HHusky said:

So, no?

Kind of contradicts "whatever I have to do" ...

pawz said:

HHusky said:

pawz said:

HHusky said:

So, no?

Oh well. What does it mean, anyway?
    edited August 2023
    HHusky said:

pawz said:

HHusky said:

pawz said:

HHusky said:

So, no?

Oh well. What does it mean, anyway?
    You managed to get on the interwebs today.

Try an image search.