Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We need a general tweet of the day thread

Comments

• 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    Sledog said:
    One candidate declined to sit down with Tucker.

It’s a mystery why they bitched out.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,008 Standard Supporter
    Nothing says a strong commitment to public education like having no teacher certification standards and handing out "free money" to educational failures.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/07/the-war-on-merit-teacher-edition.php

THE WAR ON MERIT, TEACHER EDITION
    The City of New York has agreed to pay $1.8 billion to would-be teachers who failed the state’s teacher qualification exam between 1994 and 2014:

Roughly 5,200 black and Hispanic ex-Big Apple teachers and once-aspiring educators are expected to collect more than $1.8 billion in judgments after the city stopped fighting a nearly three-decade federal discrimination lawsuit that found a certification exam was biased.
    Court rulings found the exam violated civil-rights laws, allowing far more white candidates to pass.

Presumably this was a “disparate impact” case, meaning that the evidence the test was biased was the fact that more whites passed it than blacks. Alternative explanations are inadmissible.

Herman Grim, 64, of Queens, on July 5 was awarded the biggest judgment to date — a jaw-dropping $2,055,383.

It includes $1,583,114 in back pay for time never clocked, lost interest accrued, and other compensation.
    Grim said he’s in disbelief but the money can’t come fast enough because he’s racked up serious debt on his Queens home and credit cards.

He couldn’t recite examples of why the test was biased.

Presumably these people have been doing something else for a living all these years, so now they will be paid twice. And that isn’t all:

But the cost to taxpayers is expected to be significantly higher because they’ll also be footing the bill for many of the plaintiffs to collect pension checks based on time never worked after they reach retirement age, plus their health insurance.

That is what the city gets for trying to have qualified teachers instructing its children.

One Brooklyn principal said the city was “crazy” to settle the case.

“The standards are the standards,” he said. “It shouldn’t be based on what would be easy for blacks or whites. To hire people who are not qualified and change the requirements because a certain group didn‘t pass the test is bulls–t.”

Yes, but it is bulls–t in which we are now knee-deep. Perhaps the Supreme Court will do something about it someday.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,904 Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

That was pretty shitty.

As much as I don't like Pence.

Her parents are probably Trump supporters so they most likely think it was cool.
    Anti-Trump Broken Record speaks. Again.

You hate Trump. We get it. Give it a rest.
    I just used some logic and figured they were not there for Pence.

Then I thought about which candidate has supporters that hate Pence with a passion.

It wasn’t hard.

I could be wrong it was probably an VR supporter.

I’m not here to spare feelings.

Don’t like what I post?

You have options.
    Apparently you don't. And that's sad.
    So a teenage RDS supporter lobbed a water balloon into the back of Pence’s head?

Do the math and try not to hurt yourself.

Pawz is a Trump supporter.

The idiot was delighted.
    Rent free.

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,008 Standard Supporter
    First New York dropping teaching standards and now Cali treating math as a Sociology 101 intro class. Team Dazzler and 81 million alleged dem voters approve this sh*t.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/california-approves-math-curriculum-promoting-social-justice-over-standard-skills

California Approves Math Curriculum Promoting "Social Justice" Over Standard Skills

BY TYLER DURDEN
    SATURDAY, JUL 15, 2023 - 02:30 PM
    Authored by Caden Pearsen via The Epoch Times,

The California State Board of Education approved a new math framework on July 12 that has generated controversy. Critics argue that the framework promotes teaching political activism to children instead of focusing on math skills and standards...

The guidance outlines key strategies such as structuring math instruction around integrated “big ideas,” emphasizing problem-solving and critical thinking, connecting math to real-world applications, incorporating culturally relevant content, fostering inquiry-based learning, and promoting fluency in math concepts and algorithms...

Opponents of the framework, represented by SaveMath.net, founded by private math tutor and former teacher Michael Malione, raise concerns about the lack of vetting for the concept of “big ideas” and the limited involvement of individuals with advanced math degrees in its development.

Mr. Malione argues on his website that the framework’s focus on “social justice” will harm students and that it devotes too little attention to math content standards.

“Typically, a curriculum framework would orient around the content standards regarding when and how they should be taught—to provide guidance to educators, parents, and textbook publishers. The SFR draft framework does not,” he states on his website.

Mr. Malione points out that the framework promotes the use of math to explore concepts of fairness in relation to various social issues and encourages student political activism. It also emphasizes racial justice, equity, gender inclusivity, and trauma-informed pedagogy in math education.

“One would think the proposed math framework would focus on describing how to convey the required math subject content in detail, but unfortunately, it does not,” his website states.

The state’s framework from 2013, by contrast, devotes 66 percent “of its total text (approximately 7,200/10,900 lines of text) to implementing math content standards.”
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club
    I 0
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

That was pretty shitty.

Her parents are probably Trump supporters so they most likely think it was cool.
    Anti-Trump Broken Record speaks. Again.

You hate Trump. We get it. Give it a rest.
    I just used some logic and figured they were not there for Pence.

Then I thought about which candidate has supporters that hate Pence with a passion.

It wasn’t hard.

I could be wrong it was probably an VR supporter.

I’m not here to spare feelings.

Don’t like what I post?

You have options.
    Apparently you don't. And that's sad.
    So a teenage RDS supporter lobbed a water balloon into the back of Pence’s head?

Do the math and try not to hurt yourself.

Pawz is a Trump supporter.

The idiot was delighted.
    It wasn't Pence...hth
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,299
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

That was pretty shitty.

They only want to start WW3 and send a generation of children to die in ditches in Europe, show some respect
    They? I don’t care for Pence but I don’t believe his stated goal is starting WWIII.

If we on the Right decide to start acting like those on the Left, then we have no right to a higher moral ground.

Especially when it come to how our children are taught to behave. The person egging her on should be ashamed.
    A campaign talking point that we? are not sending abrams tanks and F-16s fast enough is the primrose path to at best a forever proxy war and at worse greater than 0% possibility of escalating into a European war.

So Pence wants to start WWIII?

Good grief.
    This is slightly more sophisticated than 46X’s view on geo politics

https://youtu.be/9ZSoJDUD_bU
    So he doesn’t and this is how you deflect from your stupid comment.

On par.

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

That was pretty shitty.

They only want to start WW3 and send a generation of children to die in ditches in Europe, show some respect
    They? I don’t care for Pence but I don’t believe his stated goal is starting WWIII.

If we on the Right decide to start acting like those on the Left, then we have no right to a higher moral ground.

Especially when it come to how our children are taught to behave. The person egging her on should be ashamed.
    A campaign talking point that we? are not sending abrams tanks and F-16s fast enough is the primrose path to at best a forever proxy war and at worse greater than 0% possibility of escalating into a European war.

So Pence wants to start WWIII?

Good grief.
    This is slightly more sophisticated than 46X’s view on geo politics

https://youtu.be/9ZSoJDUD_bU
    So he doesn’t and this is how you deflect from your stupid comment.

On par.
    What's your point? Where have I ever poasted on this board that this doesn't exist. None of this proves what you believe about Pence. Nice try.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter

LebamDawg said:
    Spokane girl, in fact.

Related to Julia? Another Spokane Sweeney?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Johnny Bench, a Hall of Fame catcher for the Cincinnati Reds, apologized for making an antisemitic joke during the team's Hall of Fame induction ceremony on Saturday for former general manager Gabe Paul and former pitchers Danny Graves and Bronson Arroyo.

After Paul was inducted Saturday, Bench joked that Paul had signed Pete Rose for $400 per month out of high school. Paul's daughter Jennie Paul responded by saying, "That's cheap," which prompted Bench to remark, "He was Jewish," according to WCPO.

On Sunday, Bench issued an apology and called his joke "insensitive."
    pawz said:
    Gee

Had he just been governor for 4 years....

Ego takes him out
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter

LebamDawg said:
    Spokane girl, in fact.

Related to Julia? Another Spokane Sweeney?
    Maybe peripherally....but no.

You've seen Julia Sweeney, right?

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter

Johnny Bench, a Hall of Fame catcher for the Cincinnati Reds, apologized for making an antisemitic joke during the team's Hall of Fame induction ceremony on Saturday for former general manager Gabe Paul and former pitchers Danny Graves and Bronson Arroyo.

After Paul was inducted Saturday, Bench joked that Paul had signed Pete Rose for $400 per month out of high school. Paul's daughter Jennie Paul responded by saying, "That's cheap," which prompted Bench to remark, "He was Jewish," according to WCPO.

On Sunday, Bench issued an apology and called his joke "insensitive."

My maternal grandmother was half Scottish and half Jewish. Regarding her Scottish ancestry, she used to say “they call us island Jews.” WDWHA?
    pawz said:

Super PAC Never Back Down has $120M in cash. They’ll have over $200M when shit really gets interesting.

Trump Super PAC spent $20M smearing RDS.

He’s scared shitless.

The corrupt media?

They want Trump.

• Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,202 Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

pawz said:

Super PAC Never Back Down has $120M in cash. They’ll have over $200M when shit really gets interesting.

He’s scared shitless.

The corrupt media?

They want Trump.

What is Ron gonna spend his money on?
    46XiJCAB said:

pawz said:

He’s scared shitless.

The corrupt media?

They want Trump.

Why DeSantis bombed in one post

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    46XiJCAB said:

That was pretty shitty.

Any politician getting hit in the head with a water balloon is fine with me. It’s funny. Great throw by the girl.