Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We need a general tweet of the day thread

Comments

• Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2022

So, Jaime HB has a new ad in the Portland/Vancouver TV market. In this one, she promises to open up our energy production. Really a dispassionate ad. She needs to look pissed, mention the coming $6 a gallon gas, blame the dems, specifically the dementia patient and Stretch the Speaker of the House. Show her at the hair salon looking like the Crypt keeper without a mask. Make the damn thing personal. But, no - just a tick for the issues box. If you hear Joe Kent talk, he is pissed and means to kiss ass and take names. The first being the squish Jaime.

https://ace.mu.nu/

Promises Kept

As campaign season heats up and the battle lines become clearer, political advertising is going to start deluging the airwaves and internet soon. In some places, it's already begun. Commercials, billboards, yard signs, banner ads and more will once again become a continuous presence in daily life. Given the widespread use of the midterms as a referendum on the administration, the Biden Administration's performance is going to be front and center in the campaign.

So how is he doing? Well, if you ask me, he's doing pretty well indeed at holding up his campaign promises. He isn't batting 1.000, of course, but he's making real progress on his promised agenda. Here's a little scorecard on some of his key commitments.

Campaign promise: Get tough on Russia
    And then you find out that everything is going on here about Russia is wanting to make sure that I do not get elected the next President of the United States because they know I know them, and they know me.

Big check on this one. Biden is so tough on Russia that Russia did something they didn't do under the last guy: invaded Ukraine. There's now a regional war into which we're pouring billions of dollars in cash and equipment, and have responded with economic sanctions resulting in serious global consequences for various commodities, namely wheat, energy and cooking oils all while Russia's currency continues to hold up. If this isn't keeping a promise, I don't know what is.

Campaign Promise: Open up immigration and sanctuary
    You come to the United States and you make your case. That's how you seek asylum, based on the following premise, why I deserve it under American law.

Mission accomplished. We have "migrant caravans" again. We have vastly increasing numbers of Border Patrol "contacts" with illegal aliens. Catch-and-release is being restored. The prior administration's border and immigration policies have been shelved. The "Muslim Ban" on people from terrorist rogue states is gone. Biden's promise: Kept

Campaign promise: Attack the oil industry
    I would transition from the oil industry. Yes.

Incomplete, but well underway. Have you seen the price of gas and diesel recently? You don't get that without visionary energy policy in the name of Mother Earth. Directly through policy and indirectly through alliances with capital market players, the Biden Administration is delivering on his promise to destroy the oil industry. Production is down, pipelines are suspended, refinery capacity is shrinking and despite all of this we're still shipping our oil to our allies in Europe who need it as a result of Biden's "tough on Russia" promise. Rome wasn't built in a day, but it can't be torn down in a day, either. I'm confident that by the end of his administration, even more progress will be made on this 'keystone' promise.

Campaign Promise: Deal with climate change
    Climate change, climate warming, global warming is an existential threat to humanity. We have a moral obligation to deal with it.

Great progress is being made. We're back in the Paris Accords. The economy is sliding downhill - and what's better for the environment than reduced economic activity? Oil - already discussed - is long since on the outs. Hooray for the climate! We continue to concentrate our pollution offshore in places where poor people live, and we're doing our bit for the climate by pursuing penury at home and abroad via treaty! This isn't a full win, but boy are we on our way.
    ----
    So how are we looking? Two solid wins and two great leaps of progress on four major campaign issues. Not a bad scorecard. Biden's administration is doing what Biden promised to do on the campaign trail, and they are wildly successful on multiple fronts. They're delivering the goods, and the consequences of these actions are the cost of the Biden Administration keeping its promises.

And if the GOP has any gumption in the slightest, they'll readily point out all of the campaign promises that this administration is keeping.

Guy came through my neighborhood about two weeks ago with a door hanger for Joe. It highlighted all the ways Jaime HB has screwed over the GOP in order to get along with DIMS and pull just enough of their votes in SW WA to keep her seat. I'm just waiting for one of hers to knock on my door. It's gonna be fun. I can be all kinds of ass when the situation calls for it.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,839
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    We are almost there. Only 1,429.4 more minutes and we would have battery storage for one whole freaking day.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

So, Jaime HB has a new ad in the Portland/Vancouver TV market. In this one, she promises to open up our energy production. Really a dispassionate ad. She needs to look pissed, mention the coming $6 a gallon gas, blame the dems, specifically the dementia patient and Stretch the Speaker of the House. Show her at the hair salon looking like the Crypt keeper without a mask. Make the damn thing personal. But, no - just a tick for the issues box. If you hear Joe Kent talk, he is pissed and means to kiss ass and take names. The first being the squish Jaime.

https://ace.mu.nu/

Promises Kept

As campaign season heats up and the battle lines become clearer, political advertising is going to start deluging the airwaves and internet soon. In some places, it's already begun. Commercials, billboards, yard signs, banner ads and more will once again become a continuous presence in daily life. Given the widespread use of the midterms as a referendum on the administration, the Biden Administration's performance is going to be front and center in the campaign.

So how is he doing? Well, if you ask me, he's doing pretty well indeed at holding up his campaign promises. He isn't batting 1.000, of course, but he's making real progress on his promised agenda. Here's a little scorecard on some of his key commitments.

Campaign promise: Get tough on Russia
    And then you find out that everything is going on here about Russia is wanting to make sure that I do not get elected the next President of the United States because they know I know them, and they know me.

Big check on this one. Biden is so tough on Russia that Russia did something they didn't do under the last guy: invaded Ukraine. There's now a regional war into which we're pouring billions of dollars in cash and equipment, and have responded with economic sanctions resulting in serious global consequences for various commodities, namely wheat, energy and cooking oils all while Russia's currency continues to hold up. If this isn't keeping a promise, I don't know what is.

Campaign Promise: Open up immigration and sanctuary
    You come to the United States and you make your case. That's how you seek asylum, based on the following premise, why I deserve it under American law.

Mission accomplished. We have "migrant caravans" again. We have vastly increasing numbers of Border Patrol "contacts" with illegal aliens. Catch-and-release is being restored. The prior administration's border and immigration policies have been shelved. The "Muslim Ban" on people from terrorist rogue states is gone. Biden's promise: Kept

Campaign promise: Attack the oil industry
    I would transition from the oil industry. Yes.

Incomplete, but well underway. Have you seen the price of gas and diesel recently? You don't get that without visionary energy policy in the name of Mother Earth. Directly through policy and indirectly through alliances with capital market players, the Biden Administration is delivering on his promise to destroy the oil industry. Production is down, pipelines are suspended, refinery capacity is shrinking and despite all of this we're still shipping our oil to our allies in Europe who need it as a result of Biden's "tough on Russia" promise. Rome wasn't built in a day, but it can't be torn down in a day, either. I'm confident that by the end of his administration, even more progress will be made on this 'keystone' promise.

Campaign Promise: Deal with climate change
    Climate change, climate warming, global warming is an existential threat to humanity. We have a moral obligation to deal with it.

Great progress is being made. We're back in the Paris Accords. The economy is sliding downhill - and what's better for the environment than reduced economic activity? Oil - already discussed - is long since on the outs. Hooray for the climate! We continue to concentrate our pollution offshore in places where poor people live, and we're doing our bit for the climate by pursuing penury at home and abroad via treaty! This isn't a full win, but boy are we on our way.
    ----
    So how are we looking? Two solid wins and two great leaps of progress on four major campaign issues. Not a bad scorecard. Biden's administration is doing what Biden promised to do on the campaign trail, and they are wildly successful on multiple fronts. They're delivering the goods, and the consequences of these actions are the cost of the Biden Administration keeping its promises.

And if the GOP has any gumption in the slightest, they'll readily point out all of the campaign promises that this administration is keeping.

I don’t think Kent will win in a General election. JHB probably would.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Go figure. Build back better. And the dems want to blame Trump for the lockdowns and the antifa/BLM riots and the Soros County DA. Nice city dems.

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Go figure. Build back better. And the dems want to blame Trump for the lockdowns and the antifa/BLM riots and the Soros County DA. Nice city dems.

they put a ritz carlton in portland?!?!?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,787
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

We were in Arizona for a wedding so I actually watched commercials for a change. Turns out the Border is still a huge issue in border states. And the GOP candidates are running hard on it

Of course they could have supported a wall and the guy who wanted it but he was mean

The RINO losers run from it because that's the business COC wing. Real ultra MAGA white nationalist supremacist scum like Carry Lake don't.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Geezus, hours of the LPGA and the WNBA. It's like a lesbian's dream come true. Apparently, Brittney Griner wasn't available for the opening.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Geezus, hours of the LPGA and the WNBA. It's like a lesbian's dream come true. Apparently, Brittney Griner wasn't available for the opening.

Imagine the level of cuck you’d have to be to follow your woman into an establishment void of anything of value to mankind.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    They should just say they're a lesbian bar.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    not that theyre going to show it, but does this bar shutter before the nfl kicks off?

regular season, not preseason.