Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Crime of the Century HBO

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I got some Percocet when I got my wisdom teeth out. Made me nauseous so I didn't use em. Was gonna sell them to my aunt one day so when she called to pick them up I couldnt find them. My roommate is like are you serious? I sold that shit months ago? What, you thought I paid for all the booze we drank?
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I was fond of vicodin

With a couple glasses of wine it's a great buzz.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Just watched part 1 of 2. Wow. Imagine being able to sell pills more addictive than heroin legally.

Nobody looks good in this. Big Pharma, Congress, the DOJ, Clinton, Bush, Chris Dodds, Rudy G.

Legal drug cartel raking in billions. I know this isn't new but I never really cared quite honestly.

I should have.

Melania gave a shit.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    HHusky said:

Most people won't become addicted. Some people even become nauseated by these drugs. But for those with the unlucky genetics (ballpark 10% of the population), they are life altering.

You should probably sit this one out.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was more a valium kind of guy - but just two years ago they gave me oxy after shoulder surgery - one week and stopped that crap (which was about 4 days too late) hydrocodone is what I use - prescription gives me 20 once a year - I am kind of abusive when it comes to drugs.

must admit I have used lots of drugs - legal and illegal, but coke and smack was a one time better not do that again. That is life and death in south Seattle when you are young- some stop some don't
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,388
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    I had to take percocet when I tore my knee and got an ear and Mrsa infection... I was a mess lol that stuff saved me, but also got me.fired from my job as I was high while working and not my best. But as a branch manager I didn't have a choice. Worked out though, went back to my former employer and had a great career until I got burned out. Be careful of that stuff!
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Part 2 update - even more infuriating that part 1. Doc does a great job of laying out the supply chain of prescription opioids (shoutout @Logistics) and highlights the DEAs successful efforts to block negligent and greedy distributors from flooding the market with painkillers.

Enter Reps Marsha Blackburn and Tom Marino, who are spoonfed a bill by big pharma to stop the DEA and allow the distributors to continue to fill absurd pharmacy orders that are beyond the pale of reason, all under the guise of "patient access". Despite dogged protest from the DEA brass on the case, the bill gets nearly unanimous bipartisan support from a sleepwalking congress and gets signed by Obama with almost no public controversy. No one from the DOJ, congress, or Obama ever answer for why they let this lobbyist-drafted bill sweep through. Trump gets elected. His first drug czar? Tom Marino.

The swamp is alive and well.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,021
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Oxy and synthetic opiates are bad shit. Have known more than a couple friends who got sucked down that path.

The throbber flat out refuses to take them. Just not gonna deal with the temptation - and quite honestly, they don't do shit to me compared to smoking weed or getting fucked up drunk. So what's the point?

Easy to be a saint if you are never tempted. Maybe genetic, but I don't like being stoned. Either maryjane or oxy, percocet or vicodin. On the other hand, ethanol alcohol may be mankind's greatest invention.