Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Daily Deathsantis

2»

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Was anyone being prosecuted for not wearing a mask? Seems like an empty gesture, which explains why you guys like it.

Liar or moron Kobe?

A South Florida gym owner is facing jail time for violating a county ordinance over the summer that required gyms and businesses to mandate masks in their premises.

Mike Carnevale, the owner of Fitness 1440 in Plantation, was arrested three times over the summer and appeared before a judge Thursday. He is facing several charges of failing to comply with an emergency order.

"I believe I'm being targeted because I stood up to Broward County," Carnevale said.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/plantation-gym-owner-faces-judge-for-violating-county-mask-ordinance-over-the-summer/2397719/
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    https://laist.com/news/burbank-lawsuit-tinhorn-flats-shut-down-bar-restaurant-covid-19-violations

Burbank has had it with Tinhorn Flats, the Old West-themed bar and restaurant that keeps defying pandemic safety protocols.

On Monday, city officials filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court asking a judge to let them cut off the restaurant's electricity and padlock its doors so they can enforce its closure order, which was instituted to limit the spread of COVID-19.

Located at the corner of Magnolia Boulevard and Naomi Street, Tinhorn Flats' owners have previously railed against face mask mandates (although they eventually agreed to enforce them) and vowed to defy the ban on in-person dining at restaurants.

The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health has already revoked the saloon's health permit. Last week, the Burbank City Council revoked its conditional-use permit after a contentious meeting. At that Monday night meeting, a Burbank city official showed photos allegedly taken in mid-December of diners being served indoors at Tinhorn Flats — while in-person dining was banned at L.A. County restaurants due to increasing COVID-19 cases.

After last Monday's city council meeting, Tinhorn Flats opened on Tuesday, at high noon. The city of Burbank now wants to declare the restaurant an ongoing public nuisance.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,963
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    It was your thread originally. Sounds like you still stand by it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Bob_C said:

It was your thread originally. Sounds like you still stand by it.
    Kobe really doesn't like being asked to back up his mouth.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Was anyone being prosecuted for not wearing a mask? Seems like an empty gesture, which explains why you guys like it.

Probably not. However, Philly police roughed up someone for trying to use public transit without a mask. I saw it on the Twatter, thus I know this to be true. Anyhow, this was justified police violence surely.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Probably not. However, Philly police roughed up someone for trying to use public transit without a mask. I saw it on the Twatter, thus I know this to be true. Anyhow, this was justified police violence surely.
    Actually people were being prosecuted. Not individuals, but businesses owners were being prosecuted.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Well that was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

So much for the party of “law and order”.

“They can’t cross the border, ITS THE LAW, they’re criminals”

“Just listen to and obey orders, it’s pretty simple”

I guess these things only apply to a certain type of person.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yes. Those kind of people

• Options
    Standard Supporter

So you stuck your head up your ass and claimed nobody was being prosecuted for violating mask laws and this is your response? And why don't you want to talk about that Florida "whistleblower" you brought up months ago?
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,963
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Law and order requires the law part.
  • Options

A more serious reply is that Immigration law is actual law. Mask mandates and shut downs far exceeded the authority they had which makes them lawless not laws

It's really easy if you use your brain to figure simple shit like this out

Or consider Florida a sanctuary state against mandates by unelected asswipes

If they exceeded the authority they had and someone was prosecuted for it then they would win? No? So Desantis is just cutting out the part where we find out if the people were actually in the right and just declaring them just based on his own opinions and not the law?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

A more serious reply is that Immigration law is actual law. Mask mandates and shut downs far exceeded the authority they had which makes them lawless not laws

If they exceeded the authority they had and someone was prosecuted for it then they would win? No? So Desantis is just cutting out the part where we find out if the people were actually in the right and just declaring them just based on his own opinions and not the law?
    DeSantis if following the Science. It's the anti-Science people on your team pushing to prosecute people using Neanderthal thinking to do so.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Your love of state authority is well documented

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Oregon is now in day like 390 of LockDown Kate Brown's 30 day legislative authorized executive order lockdown. Lockdown was never reauthorized by the state legislature. There is no law requiring masks in Oregon. Just an illegal proclamation from the governor.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Nothing's changed with me. I stopped licking boots a long tim ago.
  • Options

Nothing's changed with me. I stopped licking boots a long tim ago.
    You’re one of the good ones.
  • Options

Your love of state authority is well documented

This feels like a concession.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Or a statement of fact

Your need to pull out @Canard s like the party of law and order only reveals your lack of an actual argument

Mask orders aren't laws. Start there