Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lance Holtzclaw, 2022 3* DE, Mesa (Desert Ridge), AZ (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    BowDownDeathRowBowDownDeathRow Member Posts: 41
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Ariel Ngata 2.0

Every time they’d update roster weights for spring and fall camp, I’d be perpetually disappointed that he was still skinny as shit
    I will never get over thinking he was some tower of a MLB coming out of HS, allegedly "6'4", gets on campus and is skinny and 6ft flat, in shoes, on a good day
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2021

For those of us that don't know how to analyze film, what's the scouting report?

Fast, athletic, tall, and long. I believe he is being recruited to play OLB. He will need to gain about 30-45 lbs., but once he does he should be an excellent pass rusher and still have the speed and athleticism to cover TEs.
    This the shit you read on Coug boards...

I'm not upset about the signing... but these shouldn't be the guys we're excited about.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    He’s got a lot of tools to work with provided that he is able to 1) put the weight in the weight room
    that’s needed and 2) develops positionally on the practice field

He’s probably a RS year and a frosh year buried on the depth type of developmental prospect

It wouldn’t shock me if he turns out to be a really good player … this is what programs like TCU and other programs that I’d say are in the Top 20-40 range that have recruiting challenges (in TCUs case always fighting uphill in-state, vs Oklahoma, vs SEC for truly elite players)

The big question is whether Washington should be expecting to do better from a recruiting standpoint

This is a commit that over indexes on the developmental scale and seems to be the desired sweet spot for recruiting under Jimmy. He’s very clearly surrounded himself with coaches that specialize in coaching and development and in the process has largely excluded staff that specialize in recruiting

There’s obviously many ways to be successful so LIPO

It’s also important to note that with UW’s youth on the roster that there’s more of a buffer in place to play the development game
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

He’s got a lot of tools to work with provided that he is able to 1) put the weight in the weight room

He’s probably a RS year and a frosh year buried on the depth type of developmental prospect

It wouldn’t shock me if he turns out to be a really good player … this is what programs like TCU and other programs that I’d say are in the Top 20-40 range that have recruiting challenges (in TCUs case always fighting uphill in-state, vs Oklahoma, vs SEC for truly elite players)

The big question is whether Washington should be expecting to do better from a recruiting standpoint

This is a commit that over indexes on the developmental scale and seems to be the desired sweet spot for recruiting under Jimmy. He’s very clearly surrounded himself with coaches that specialize in coaching and development and in the process has largely excluded staff that specialize in recruiting

It’s also important to note that with UW’s youth on the roster that there’s more of a buffer in place to play the development game

With the portal in play not so sure about that buffer buddy
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,008
    All you haters saying we only had to beat out BC and OSU... this young man also had offers from Michigan and Iowa State (yeah the same Iowa State that thumped Oregon in a bowl).

Other P5 offers: Arizona, Boston College, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas State, Michigan, Oregon State, Vanderbilt

G5 offers: Air Force, Boise State, San Diego State
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

For those of us that don't know how to analyze film, what's the scouting report?

Fast, athletic, tall, and long. I believe he is being recruited to play OLB. He will need to gain about 30-45 lbs., but once he does he should be an excellent pass rusher and still have the speed and athleticism to cover TEs.

I'm not upset about the signing... but these shouldn't be the guys we're excited about.
    Parents of recruits read these boards
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

You gone and triggered Ern now. What is the reason for even saying this? The fuck is wrong with you? This is a dude we targeted, had offers from good programs, has a huge athletic ceiling, turned heads in camps as a WR, comes from a huge recruiting hotbed out of state, is known as The Claw, has the middle name "Showtime", and he chose to be a DAWG because he's ready to be developed. Since you're clearly disappointed and blinded by the 3* behind his name, you should jerk yourself off by knowing that he's an easy 4* with 25 more pounds on him. That's what Socha, red meat, whole milk, and a few trips around the sun are for. Let's not forget that stars are subjective and hardly based on long-term potential. Stars are largely a function of what scouts see from the stands/clips, when they see them, how often they see them, immediate playing potential, the team surrounding a player, the team they're playing against, and if the scout is constipated or not. I'll take a 3* with huge upside over maxed out 4* dude every time. The Claw is not playing for several years. We don't NEED him to be playing for several years. I always get excited about these long-term upside investments (Trice, Heims, Spears, Wyrsch, etc). Recruiting upside is far more important to me than anything. Of course Ariel Ngata naturally gets thrown out immediately as a cherry-picked example of a skinny dude who didn't develop. Fuck that shit. No shit, Sherlocks, he may not develop. He could get killed walking his doggie. That goes for everyone. I'll take The Claw's high ceiling every day and twice on Saturdays. The best thing after the 5* and very high 4* guys are dudes with the potential to be beasts. I don't care if they are 1* dudes. Get enough upside into your program and the cream shall rise to the top. Let's judge the food after it comes out of the oven as a RS sophomore or junior. Fucking christ, it's not hard.

Lance, I'm excited about your commitment. Go fuck up that weight room for a few years and let's do this shit. Woofdah.
    Dude, who the fuck are you to be telling what they can think? Disagreeing is fine, but blasting people is bullshit. If your dick was longer than 3 inches I would tell you to go fuck yourself. Its clear you have a hard on for this high school kid, maybe you should talk about that.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,154
    Founders Club
    edited July 2021
    dOgmaster said:

You gone and triggered Ern now. What is the reason for even saying this? The fuck is wrong with you? This is a dude we targeted, had offers from good programs, has a huge athletic ceiling, turned heads in camps as a WR, comes from a huge recruiting hotbed out of state, is known as The Claw, has the middle name "Showtime", and he chose to be a DAWG because he's ready to be developed. Since you're clearly disappointed and blinded by the 3* behind his name, you should jerk yourself off by knowing that he's an easy 4* with 25 more pounds on him. That's what Socha, red meat, whole milk, and a few trips around the sun are for. Let's not forget that stars are subjective and hardly based on long-term potential. Stars are largely a function of what scouts see from the stands/clips, when they see them, how often they see them, immediate playing potential, the team surrounding a player, the team they're playing against, and if the scout is constipated or not. I'll take a 3* with huge upside over maxed out 4* dude every time. The Claw is not playing for several years. We don't NEED him to be playing for several years. I always get excited about these long-term upside investments (Trice, Heims, Spears, Wyrsch, etc). Recruiting upside is far more important to me than anything. Of course Ariel Ngata naturally gets thrown out immediately as a cherry-picked example of a skinny dude who didn't develop. Fuck that shit. No shit, Sherlocks, he may not develop. He could get killed walking his doggie. That goes for everyone. I'll take The Claw's high ceiling every day and twice on Saturdays. The best thing after the 5* and very high 4* guys are dudes with the potential to be beasts. I don't care if they are 1* dudes. Get enough upside into your program and the cream shall rise to the top. Let's judge the food after it comes out of the oven as a RS sophomore or junior. Fucking christ, it's not hard.

Lance, I'm excited about your commitment. Go fuck up that weight room for a few years and let's do this shit. Woofdah.
    Dude, who the fuck are you to be telling what they can think? Disagreeing is fine, but blasting people is bullshit. If your dick was longer than 3 inches I would tell you to go fuck yourself. Its clear you have a hard on for this high school kid, maybe you should talk about that.

You all caught up yet? @BroadcastingDawg told a UW player's dad that he or anyone else shouldn't be excited about a commit. Fuck that noise. Someone's gotta put this shit in its rightful place, which is at the bottom of a Honey Bucket. Me saying "The fuck is wrong with you?" really inspired you to rush to the defense of poor, defenseless @BroadcastingDawg ? I wish I had that kind of fan club. Must be awesome following him on tour. You ever have a threesome with his drummer?

You have a lot of defense to play in here if that's all it takes to get your panties in a twist.
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dOgmaster said:

You all caught up yet? @BroadcastingDawg told a UW player's dad that he or anyone else shouldn't be excited about a commit. Fuck that noise. Someone's gotta put this shit in its rightful place, which is at the bottom of a Honey Bucket. Me saying "The fuck is wrong with you?" really inspired you to rush to the defense of poor, defenseless @BroadcastingDawg ? I wish I had that kind of fan club. Must be awesome following him on tour. You ever have a threesome with his drummer?

You have a lot of defense to play in here if that's all it takes to get your panties in a twist.
    I can read mother fucker! Yeah he replied to a commits dad. How the fuck is he expected to know that? That dad was told that this shit could get rough. He shouldn’t be treated any different. Broadcastingdawg’s post was fair and pretty soft for this board. I am so let down that no one else is standing up for him.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    FireCohen said:

Tequilla said:

With the portal in play not so sure about that buffer buddy
    When you’re recruiting guys that need to develop, they are less likely to transfer IMO
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ariel Ngata closed out Utah for us, which lead to us closing out Utah at the end of the season for a fucking rose bowl birth.

Just because he didn't work out doesn't mean we don't need this type of athlete.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bralen Trice has already put on 35 lbs and been getting such rave practice reviews that there might actually be something to it.

Will be interesting to see if he actually pans out and if Holtzclaw could do something similar.

Trice wasn't quite as skinny but guys like that are always worth taking a chance on even if Ngata didn't pan out.