Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NRA bankruptcy

2»

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Thanks for the tip regarding The Second Amendment Foundation and Gun Owners of America @Swaye. Very good poast.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I've given many thousands of dollars to the NRA over the years. Endowment Life Member blah blah. I've also been an NRA Gun Safety Instructor for two decades. I know this organization well. Better than most. It is a shitshow at the top. Wayne is up to no good. The house needs to be cleaned and the organization needs new management solely focused on its two core missions - responsible and safe gun ownership and the defense of the 2nd Amendment. I have not donated to them in several years now and won't until the above occurs.

The Second Amendment Foundation and Gun Owners of America have been receiving my checks now, and I encourage others to look into them if you value your constitutional rights and think Beto is a giant faggot.

Preamble concluded. The libs gleefully cheering on this lawsuit would be apoplectic if a red state was trying to bankrupt the ACLU. It is one thing to go after malfeasance. I support that and hope the NRA gets cleaned up at the top, but unless you are willfully ignorant or stupid you know that isn't what is going on here. This is a well choreographed political takedown of a civil rights organization. I hate the ACLU, but would not want to see this done to them. It's un-American. Explains why so many here are cheering for it.

Here's your link and quote before you ask:

Does Cuomo think his policies are threatening the existence of the NRA? "I would like to believe it's true," he said, laughing. He said funds, including those from the Carry Guard policy, are a vital tool the group uses to "bully" and "browbeat" politicians. "They need to raise money, otherwise they can't threaten."

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/05/635789292/is-cuomo-threatening-nras-existence-he-says-i-d-like-to-believe-it-s-true

I'm sure NPR was giddy when reporting it. Yes, NPR is my source. EMFA

Sounds like I'm right
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I've given many thousands of dollars to the NRA over the years. Endowment Life Member blah blah. I've also been an NRA Gun Safety Instructor for two decades. I know this organization well. Better than most. It is a shitshow at the top. Wayne is up to no good. The house needs to be cleaned and the organization needs new management solely focused on its two core missions - responsible and safe gun ownership and the defense of the 2nd Amendment. I have not donated to them in several years now and won't until the above occurs.

The Second Amendment Foundation and Gun Owners of America have been receiving my checks now, and I encourage others to look into them if you value your constitutional rights and think Beto is a giant faggot.

Preamble concluded. The libs gleefully cheering on this lawsuit would be apoplectic if a red state was trying to bankrupt the ACLU. It is one thing to go after malfeasance. I support that and hope the NRA gets cleaned up at the top, but unless you are willfully ignorant or stupid you know that isn't what is going on here. This is a well choreographed political takedown of a civil rights organization. I hate the ACLU, but would not want to see this done to them. It's un-American. Explains why so many here are cheering for it.

Does Cuomo think his policies are threatening the existence of the NRA? "I would like to believe it's true," he said, laughing. He said funds, including those from the Carry Guard policy, are a vital tool the group uses to "bully" and "browbeat" politicians. "They need to raise money, otherwise they can't threaten."

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/05/635789292/is-cuomo-threatening-nras-existence-he-says-i-d-like-to-believe-it-s-true

Sounds like I'm right

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

We know there have been some problems but what makes the NRA effective is the size of it's membership. 5+ million people is a pretty big voting block. Needs some cleaning up no doubt. The others are good but can't boast that many voters. Need to save it and strengthen it.