Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How Anthony Brown, Oregon Ducks’ freshman QBs performed during spring game

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited May 2021 in Duck Refuge
“I thought Anthony did a really good job being efficient with the ball, making good decisions and being accurate,” Oregon coach Mario Cristobal said.

“ The senior signal caller was 17 of 26 for 208 yards and a touchdown while leading the starting offense on Saturday as Oregon’s offense beat the defense, 35-34, in the spring game at an empty Autzen Stadium.”

“ “I think we were really electric,” said Johnny Johnson, whose 20-yard catch was whistled down but could’ve been a touchdown under full contact. “We kept it real vanilla today, but I think we made plays out there and we did what we had to do to win the game. ... The poise (Brown) has back there, leading us down the field and making all the right decisions. He’s doing a great job and he’s going to continue to do that.”

“ Oregon’s three freshman quarterbacks split reps with the second-team offense.

Jay Butterfield (6 of 9 for 118 yards and a touchdown) was the second quarterback to take the field and he led a touchdown drive as well, connecting with Kris Hutson for an 11-yard score.

Ty Thompson (8 of 12 for 97 yards) was next, and though he didn’t have a touchdown, five of his completions resulted in first downs.

Robby Ashford (7 of 8 for 123 yards and a touchdown) made his share of big plays as well, with passes of 39 and 44 yards to Dont’e Thornton, the latter setting up the winning two-point conversion, which Ashford ran in to end the game.

“We gave them the opportunities today and they certainly took advantage of it,” Cristobal said. “They all got a chance to move the ball and they all did and made big plays and made big throws, respectively, in some of the boot and wag game as well as some of the drop-back game, some of the RPO stuff as well. I thought those guys really took command at the line of scrimmage and have made this a really, really good battle at the 2 spot right now.”-James Crepea The Oregonian

Comments

• Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2021
    On the flip side, Dontae Manning and Jaylin Davies have a long ways to go before they should see the light of day against Olave and company.

Hopefully, Wright, James and Bridges stay healthy. Also, we should be using JTT’s schollie on a corner in the portal.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2021
    Spring Game Jaylin Davies vs Dont’e Thornton :)