Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Heat Thunder second half on TNT

Scott Brooks is still insisting on starting Kendrick Perkins so the Thunder are trying to climb back in the game from the huge first quarter deficit.

Comments

• Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Heat go up big early then take the foot off the gas, where have we seen this before? Last time they played the Thunder? Much like the Seahawks/49ers game, the Heat/Pacers series will be the real championship matchup.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Okc getting thunder fucked
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Lebron and wade came to play, beginning to worry about #mypacers
  • Options
    i also worry about silver fixing the eastern fond finals to get a Lebron Durant finals, wouldn't be the 1st time
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    As long as Russell Westbrook thinks he is >>> Kevin Durant ... they'll continually get owned in big game spots ...

Know your fucking role Westbrook
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Lebron getting mugged in the nose and still finishing..damn.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

As long as Russell Westbrook thinks he is >>> Kevin Durant ... they'll continually get owned in big game spots ...

THIS.

You would think after sitting out with Durant going off he would have known better but he continues to insist on being the best player.

I'm still taking the Heat to win the title, Lebron is still the best player and Wade really only has to play two playoff series(ECF and NBA Finals) as the first two rounds will be against dreckfest fucking opponents.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    RW needs to LEAVE! OKC
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I see some people didn't learn from last year's 4-1 loss to the Grizzlies how important Westbrook is to the Thunder. He's been out two months and it was his first game back. I agree that he should dial it back at times and let Durant do his thing, but the Thunder aren't doing shit without Westbrook.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

I see some people didn't learn from last year's 4-1 loss to the Grizzlies how important Westbrook is to the Thunder. He's been out two months and it was his first game back. I agree that he should dial it back at times and let Durant do his thing, but the Thunder aren't doing shit without Westbrook.

I see you have forgotten that Westbrook got my MVP vote for the Finals when the Heat won 4-1
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

But yet they were running through the league without him. Westbrook, while talented, is a cancer. Mr October's baby is a better fit for that team.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    The season is over.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2014

Tequilla said:

I see you have forgotten that Westbrook got my MVP vote for the Finals when the Heat won 4-1
    You must have been celebrating those wins with too many substances. Don't you mean Harden, who completely disappeared after a great series against San Antonio? 27 ppg in the series for Westbrook including 43 in game 4 on 20-32 shooting. He played shitty in game 5, but the series was already over when Mike Miller shoots 7-7 from 3. The Thunder lost because the Heat were better, not because of Westbrook.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

But yet they were running through the league without him. Westbrook, while talented, is a cancer. Mr October's baby is a better fit for that team.
    The Thunder were 18-2 in Westbrook's last 20 games before he was injured. They did have a nice 10 game winning streak without Westbrook, but they also lost to the Wizards and Magic since February began. Who cares about the regular season anyways? Last year's playoffs should have proved it all. How is he a cancer? He's one of the 10-15 best players in the NBA. Let the adults talk NBA.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'm not discrediting Westbrook as a player.

What I am saying is that Westbrook = Durant.

If Westbrook embraces getting Durant in good positions and takes his opportunities to go get his 20 while dropping 10 dimes, they'll be a better team for it.

But the ball has to be with Durant >>> Westbrook.
  • Options
    The thunder will not win the finals with the Westbrook, they do not make the finals without westbrook
    Maybe this is just wishful thinking but they will not win a title before Durant leaves. I don't think I could stomach seeing clay Bennett holding the trophy unless a team has returned to Seattle and won by that time
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Tequilla said:

I'm not discrediting Westbrook as a player.

What I am saying is that Westbrook = Durant.

If Westbrook embraces getting Durant in good positions and takes his opportunities to go get his 20 while dropping 10 dimes, they'll be a better team for it.

But the ball has to be with Durant >>> Westbrook.

It's not his game. Westbrook's game is to attack. When he was healthy, Derrick Rose got never ending praise for playing the same way as Westbrook. There have been times where Westbrook has been selfish and taken too many shots or ignored Durant in a key moment, but last year proved once and for all that the Thunder aren't shit without Westbrook. He is what he is, and IMO gets a lot of unfair criticism. He's never going to be a traditional PG, and you are limiting what you get if you try and force him to be one.

Westbrook gets bashed for playing the way he does, while Chris Paul gets praised even though he has never won shit (fuck the Olympics), and won't win anything this year. I think this will finally be the year people wise up and realize that while CP3 is a very good player, he's behind Curry, Parker, and possibly Westbrook as the best PG's in the game. There's no excuse not to at least make the Conference Finals when you have Griffin, Jordan, Crawford, Reddick, Barnes, and Big Baby as your supporting cast, especially the way Griffin is playing this year.

The Thunder could have had a dynasty if they weren't cheap and kept Harden. Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka would have won multiple championships. All they had to do was amnesty Perkins and it could have been done.

That's because Derrick Rose doesn't play with Kevin Durant.

• Options

Tequilla said:

Thread over!

Race with the knockout punch!

Westbrook is a great player but he also has a habit of shooting OKC out of games. Durant is on fire and nobody can stop him. Westbrook still will manage to shoot the ball more than Durant which is the problem.

Westbrook could easily become Kobe early 2000's with Shaq but he's also flirting with Stephon Marburry status when he played with KG. I'm curious how his career will turn out either way it will be interesting.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

You must have been celebrating those wins with too many substances. Don't you mean Harden, who completely disappeared after a great series against San Antonio? 27 ppg in the series for Westbrook including 43 in game 4 on 20-32 shooting. He played shitty in game 5, but the series was already over when Mike Miller shoots 7-7 from 3. The Thunder lost because the Heat were better, not because of Westbrook.

Harden was awful that series and despite that Kendrick Perkins was somehow even worse. Scott Brooks deserves some credit too for being a dumb fuck the entire series.

I wouldn't say Westbrook played well at all that series. He shot 43.3% most of which is weighed by that 20-32 performance. In the other 4 games he shot 32-88(36.3%) which is fucking terrible and averaged 23 a game.

His advanced stats were horrible that series. James Harden was a 16.6 game(Third best in the NBA Finals behind Lebron and Durant) score while Westbrook was a 10.0(worse than Mario Chalmers).

Westbrook minus game 4 where he was amazing played shitty that series.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2012_finals.html#MIA-OKC