Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I'm a Free Agent ...

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
My words - so I'm thinking I'm free to use them as I see fit. What follows is my "retirement" announcement from another site:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the last few months, I've come to the conclusion that it is time for me to take some time away from here. Over the past almost 10 years, I've come to value the friendships that I've made as well as the discussions over a topic that we are so passionate about - the University of Washington.

As a kid, the only school I wanted to attend was the University of Washington. The only school I applied to as an Undergraduate was to the University of Washington. It's a place that has opened numerous doors to me in life and has given me far more than I could ever explain in words.

Over the years, I've come to understand how great of a University this place is and how lucky so many of us are to live in this part of the world. We are truly blessed to be able to do so. We offer so many things that so many other places can only dream of. The University as a whole takes a backseat to nobody. It's a World Class University in every way, shape, and form.

If there's one thing that I hope most people have learned about me over the last 10 years, it's that the only thing I care about with respect to the University of Washington is that its perception is that of excellence ... a perception that matches what it is. I don't have an agenda other than that ... regardless of what some may think.

I look forward to the bright future of the UW. I look forward to having programs that represent the very best of what we are. I look forward to spending New Years Day at the Rose Bowl in the not too distant future.

So I thank so many of you who have made the last 10 years or so so enjoyable for me. I would be remiss to name anybody by name as doing so would only result in me forgetting to name somebody. I look forward to seeing many of you in the future whether it be in Seattle, Hawaii this August/September, or future road/bowl trips.

Best wishes for the future,
Tequilla

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,902 Founders Club
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

My words - so I'm thinking I'm free to use them as I see fit. What follows is my "retirement" announcement from another site:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the last few months, I've come to the conclusion that it is time for me to take some time away from here. Over the past almost 10 years, I've come to value the friendships that I've made as well as the discussions over a topic that we are so passionate about - the University of Washington.

As a kid, the only school I wanted to attend was the University of Washington. The only school I applied to as an Undergraduate was to the University of Washington. It's a place that has opened numerous doors to me in life and has given me far more than I could ever explain in words.

Over the years, I've come to understand how great of a University this place is and how lucky so many of us are to live in this part of the world. We are truly blessed to be able to do so. We offer so many things that so many other places can only dream of. The University as a whole takes a backseat to nobody. It's a World Class University in every way, shape, and form.

If there's one thing that I hope most people have learned about me over the last 10 years, it's that the only thing I care about with respect to the University of Washington is that its perception is that of excellence ... a perception that matches what it is. I don't have an agenda other than that ... regardless of what some may think.

I look forward to the bright future of the UW. I look forward to having programs that represent the very best of what we are. I look forward to spending New Years Day at the Rose Bowl in the not too distant future.

So I thank so many of you who have made the last 10 years or so so enjoyable for me. I would be remiss to name anybody by name as doing so would only result in me forgetting to name somebody. I look forward to seeing many of you in the future whether it be in Seattle, Hawaii this August/September, or future road/bowl trips.

Best wishes for the future,
    Tequilla

tl; dr
    disagree
    classy poast
    etc

• ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    I don't think the UW is "world class."
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    ***Poof***

Not in the middle of the store.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    You should have started with "later guys" and ended with something about Bob Crawley eating himself to death.
    stanford, MIT, carnegie mellon... --> World Class
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    No hardcore husky mention?
    People only say something is "world class" if it isn't.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    Jim Mcilvaine.
  • Fecal_MatterFecal_Matter Member Posts: 330
    It's TOO classy.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

You should have started with "later guys" and ended with something about Bob Crawley eating himself to death.

Too soon?

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Can AspergerofGrief not hijack this thread pls, thanks.

@tequila we have all been there. Well, most of us. It wasnt always this terrible, but Rome has fallen and the iliterate Visigoths are running the asylum.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Why am I not surprised ...

A couple of things are awesome about that:

1) I posted the same message above here ... so it's not like my words can be "twisted"

2) At what point in my message did I say anything that was tied to anything disparaging about "the bizness," any personal shot at Kimmie and the staff, or anything of the sort? None was made - it was purely saying thank you to my friends over time.

You have to be a little maggot of a man to go after someone's character to the point that you marginalize a (former) paying customer and then when that (former) paying customer takes the high road (despite numerous personal attacks the little maggot and his staff) by thanking his friends for their friendship over the years, you delete the thread like it doesn't exist.

I actually find it amusing that a certain someone told me about a month ago to start taking screen shots to avoid "twisting."
  • fauxdawgmanfauxdawgman Member Posts: 218
    Lots of twisting going on.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    it was deleted? yikes
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    Tequilla said:

Why am I not surprised ...

A couple of things are awesome about that:

1) I posted the same message above here ... so it's not like my words can be "twisted"

2) At what point in my message did I say anything that was tied to anything disparaging about "the bizness," any personal shot at Kimmie and the staff, or anything of the sort? None was made - it was purely saying thank you to my friends over time.

You have to be a little maggot of a man to go after someone's character to the point that you marginalize a (former) paying customer and then when that (former) paying customer takes the high road (despite numerous personal attacks the little maggot and his staff) by thanking his friends for their friendship over the years, you delete the thread like it doesn't exist.

I actually find it amusing that a certain someone told me about a month ago to start taking screen shots to avoid "twisting."

So what? You already knew they were fucking donkeys, which, I assume, is why you were signing off in the first place.

Wash your hands and be done with them. Those fucktards aren't worth worrying about if that's the kind of crap they pull.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I'd love to see his reaction the next time someone accuses him of deleting posts that he doesn't agree with, etc. and they point out any number of the posts he's deleted of mine in the last 24 hours ...

I also find it amusing that he's left posts up where shots are taken of me but any comments I make back (which while still maintaining civility and respect) are deleted.

It's really simple, if you don't fall inline with the "popular opinion," your point of view is deleted and you are marginalized off to the corner. Fortunately there are enough people that have experienced this over time that are able to call a spade a spade.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,108
    That was a lot classier than the pm I sent to Kim when I quit over there