Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Cant wait to lose to a fresh set of Stanford faces

I can just see the 3rd and 7 play to the TE for an easy 15 yards on loop in my head right now.
    This is my one big concern with this defensive backfield. It's going to be as talented and tough and athletic of a group of starters as we have ever had but it's also the shortest at least as far as the three corners are concerned. I hope we have a better plan for dealing with height than we have in the past.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I can just see the 3rd and 7 play to the TE for an easy 15 yards on loop in my head right now.
    3rd and 7 would be good. It’s always 3rd and 2 or 3 after Stanford gets 4 yards running on 1st and 2nd.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

This is my one big concern with this defensive backfield. It's going to be as talented and tough and athletic of a group of starters as we have ever had but it's also the shortest at least as far as the three corners are concerned. I hope we have a better plan for dealing with height than we have in the past.
    It shouldn't matter since we never bothered matching up our tall DBs with their TEs anyways.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

You misspelled 3rd and 23
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

And then the camera pans to Shaw's smug mug smirking
    Against UW Shaw is still one of the top coaches in the country because what he does best works best against UW. Or did. We'll see

Shaw also starts slow and ends up fast which is a sign of good coaching but won't get you to the playoffs and hurts the Slack 12 brand but if you can't beat that smirk off his face then we just have to eat it and like it

And I don't like it

At all
    Id Smirk too if the same thing worked against Kwat every year other than 2016.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Against UW Shaw is still one of the top coaches in the country because what he does best works best against UW. Or did. We'll see

Shaw also starts slow and ends up fast which is a sign of good coaching but won't get you to the playoffs and hurts the Slack 12 brand but if you can't beat that smirk off his face then we just have to eat it and like it

And I don't like it

At all
    I wish so much that after this year, Shaw would have given the "we know what they're going to do on defense. They do the same thing every year..." speech that Jimmy liked to give after the Coog game every year
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

And I don't like it

At all
    I wish so much that after this year, Shaw would have given the "we know what they're going to do on defense. They do the same thing every year..." speech that Jimmy liked to give after the Coog game every year
    Shaw doesnt even need to say it. The fucking smirk says it all. It's glued to his fucking face as our 5'6" walk on 5th DB tries to tackle some 6'8" PHD student TE