Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Derek, my humblest apologies

So, first off, I thought the whole transferring servers/updating the forums was a parody of the shitshow over at Doogman when they changed to the FoxSports forums and all hell broke loose. I thought Derek making the long-winded announcements, broken promises about new forums and everything was just a huge whooosh of Kim's handling of the new servers. Then the day the forums changed and everyone was freaking out, I was laughing because I thought you one-upped yourself and sacrificed the livelihood of the bored all for your grandest of jokes. And then when it reverted, I thought you had carefully planned and orchestrated the greatest, most fantastic whooosh ever known to man. To me, the whole thing was the perfect.

Then today...

So yeah, I realized that there is an issue with the forums being at capacity and that you do really need to upgrade/update something.

And that this whole thing isn't just a huge troll to everyone on the forums.

So I apologize that I doubted you.

Also, I can't be the only one who thought the whole thing was just a giant whooosh right? ...Right?

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought it was too.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    It was real, yo.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,040
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    No, it wouldn't be my style to troll the entire board. Sven probably would have tried that, but not me.

The irony is that the new designer told us that the new server would have unlimited bandwidth and then it crashed on the first day.

That whole episode last week was an attempt to work with a reputable designer to put us in a position to cut costs and give us more options for growing the board. As we were getting ready to launch, we kept receiving false deadlines and were told that because of X, Y and Z we wouldn't be able to preview the new board. When it launched I was disappointed with the design and functionality. After 24 hours I instructed the designer to return us to old setup.

It was my mistake not doing enough due diligence in making sure that everything was vetted and tested thoroughly before launching. I could have put a stop to it before launching but I didn't. So, it was what it was, but we're back now to our familiar digs. And we're still looking to improve things.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

No, it wouldn't be my style to troll the entire board. Sven probably would have tried that, but not me.

The irony is that the new designer told us that the new server would have unlimited bandwidth and then it crashed on the first day.

That whole episode last week was an attempt to work with a reputable designer to put us in a position to cut costs and give us more options for growing the board. As we were getting ready to launch, we kept receiving false deadlines and were told that because of X, Y and Z we wouldn't be able to preview the new board. When it launched I was disappointed with the design and functionality. After 24 hours I instructed the designer to return us to old setup.

It was my mistake not doing enough due diligence in making sure that everything was vetted and tested thoroughly before launching. I could have put a stop to it before launching but I didn't. So, it was what it was, but we're back now to our familiar digs. And we're still looking to improve things.

Can we pretend you were trolling the whole board and it was a great doogman parody?

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I would have sent in $20 to support that ruse.

That would have been the greatest troll ever.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Can we pretend you were trolling the whole board and it was a great doogman parody?

By all means.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Yeah I thought it was a great parody also.....I do find it even better though you made the exact same mistakes Kim did.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

Yeah I thought it was a great parody also.....I do find it even better though you made the exact same mistakes Kim did.

I have certainly deserved some criticism
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I poasted at the time that it was the greatest whoosh ever. Still not totally convinced it's not.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    If Boobs would have done it every post would have linked to Lemon Party and the entire front page would have been plungers. Pretty cool actually.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The woosh heard next door.