Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Will Ulofoshio Be the Last Great UW Walk-on to Receive A Scholarship?

2»

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    2016 Azeem was actually the best
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

2016 Azeem was actually the best

He might have actually been better in 2016, but Azeem was easily my favorite player in 2015. He had multiple hard hits and tackles for loss vs Boise State in the first half and it was evident it wasn’t a fluke.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,550
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2021
    Joe Kelly and Dave Hoffmann
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have a hard time choosing between Foster, Butler, BBK, and peak Azeem. I might lean Foster. He definitely had the most productive career. BBK's 2018 season was the best any had, and it's hard to argue with first team AA by four publications, including the AP.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2021

I have a hard time choosing between Foster, Butler, BBK, and peak Azeem. I might lean Foster. He definitely had the most productive career. BBK's 2018 season was the best any had, and it's hard to argue with first team AA by four publications, including the AP.

Butler was not a better college player than BBK and it isn’t really close. He has better size. That’s it. BBK had better instincts, was faster, and was more of a playmaker.

Foster was the only reason the 2010 defense was decent at times. It would have been just like 2011 if he were not on the team. He played a long time in the NFL despite being overweight and slow for most of his career.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Butler was not a better college player than BBK and it isn’t really close. He has better size. That’s it. BBK had better instincts, was faster, and was more of a playmaker.

Foster was the only reason the 2010 defense was decent at times. It would have been just like 2011 if he were not on the team. He played a long time in the NFL despite being overweight and slow for most of his career.
    I agree on all counts. Of my list, I think Butler would be at the bottom. I think Azeem would be top of the list if he came back from injury and finished his career as he started it, but the precipitous decline puts him 3rd. Fucking loved that guy--heart and soul of the defense--in 2015 and 2016. Where I hesitated was the two above. I actually had a pretty impassioned rant all dialed up on why it's ridiculous that BBK gets disregarded on lists like this just because he doesn't look like your prototypical linebacker and got "dragged" several times as a sophomore and junior, then I looked up team records to check my facts before posting. That's when I saw Foster's ridiculous career numbers, causing me to dial back my hawt take quite a bit. I remember him being REALLY good, and basically the whole defense after Butler graduated, but I didn't realize he was that productive for four years.

BBK's 2018 season was untouchable in the modern era. All-American and an insane stat line. The defense was absolutely fucked without him the following season until Gregory realized Ulofoshio was on the roster, then it was only half fucked. But Foster has to go tops, perhaps, with career production. And the kick-six against Arizona...