Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Can Someone Explain "Wallets" Please?

2»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,396
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I put condoms in mine. Then don't use them.

Remember the condom circle in the back pocket of jeans? I do
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,599
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

haie said:

haie said:

For those of us who need the help.

Sources said:

If you really want to understand wallets, understanding public and private keys is helpful. I think people generally underestimate how ubiquitous encryption is these days.

Do not use them. The end.
    @haie

I trust @haie . Q: do you have to have a wallet to buy crypto? Or are the trading platforms otherwise available?
    Thought you meant Apple Pay kind of wallets.

I understand block chain but do not mess with crypto atm.

Like the above poster said, if crypto wallets just go off of RSA or some other private/public set up, that is a decent starting point. Tons of articles explain that really well.

My general thought was to not trust mobile app security and have as few apps installed as possible. It's not that security isn't implemented correctly initially so much as irresponsible/constant changes in software are not worth the convenience of most apps.

As to your actual question I would use Coinbase assuming they have a web app you can use on a desktop.

Guess I should read the thread next time.
    I was at a bar on Sunday and some dude was chatting me up about how he's all into crypto. So we got to talking and I was bitching about how our company pays cheap and he's like how much? Then he asked me for a job lol

That's what I think of crypto bros.
    Yeah, but the breakroom fridge is always stocked with White Claw, so quit your bitching.

But whats a white claw without a wallet? Ya know? Its only like half the equation
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sources said:

haie said:

I don't think people making $92k are "commanding" anything.

That's correct. He was a friend of our VP so I wasn't allowed to give him any kind of an aptitude test. We are trying to get him his old job back.
    If I was making less than 100k after 20 years (let alone as a dev), I wouldn't want to work either. Entry level FAANG in the Bay is easily over 150k plus equity.
    True, but one fiddy in the Bay is like poverty level.
    Even if 150k (notwithstanding equity) were the same as 100k anywhere else, that's still a very good wage for a new grad. It's a terrible wage for anyone with 2 decades of software development experience.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,744
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Sources said:

Sources said:

haie said:

That's correct. He was a friend of our VP so I wasn't allowed to give him any kind of an aptitude test. We are trying to get him his old job back.
    If I was making less than 100k after 20 years (let alone as a dev), I wouldn't want to work either. Entry level FAANG in the Bay is easily over 150k plus equity.
    Even if 150k (notwithstanding equity) were the same as 100k anywhere else, that's still a very good wage for a new grad. It's a terrible wage for anyone with 2 decades of software development experience.
    Agreed. It's actually a fantastic wage for most Americans.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2021
    Sources said:

Sources said:

haie said:

Which is why I stopped wasting my lead dev's time on this guy. That was the point. I built our platform 6 years ago so I haven't realized that we actually have to pull real talent now, not just friends of the owners.

Not a great example for this bored, what with all the beavlets and quooks that pretend that they have the education to reach anything beyond middle management.

You Bay bros also need to understand that if you work for a Bay software company and still live in the Bay at this point, you might be fucking retarded.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    haie said:

Sources said:

Sources said:

haie said:

Which is why I stopped wasting my lead dev's time on this guy. That was the point. I built our platform 6 years ago so I haven't realized that we actually have to pull real talent now, not just friends of the owners.

Not a great example for this bored, what with all the beavlets and quooks that pretend that they have the education to reach anything beyond middle management.

You Bay bros also need to understand that if you work for a Bay software company and still live in the Bay at this point, you might be fucking retarded.
    I gave my dude who didn't know shit a little love today. He built 2 nextjs simple ass sites and deployed on netlify. And our marketer can now do the content.

I was like bro take off the day. Here's 1k. Work on that portfolio. You can now make like double the amount of money somewhere else.

I am what's referred to as a cool boss. I hired him for shit with the promise I'd get his portfolio going so he can make money.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,744
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

haie said:

Sources said:

Sources said:

haie said:

I gave my dude who didn't know shit a little love today. He built 2 nextjs simple ass sites and deployed on netlify. And our marketer can now do the content.

I was like bro take off the day. Here's 1k. Work on that portfolio. You can now make like double the amount of money somewhere else.

I am what's referred to as a cool boss. I hired him for shit with the promise I'd get his portfolio going so he can make money.
    Good man. A Club man.
  • Options

haie said:

Sources said:

Sources said:

haie said:

Good man. A Club man.
    Hey I work with what I got. If my owner gives me a shit budget either I can teach a good dude or hire a shit asshole and fire him