Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Yall couldn't quite kill Covey, but you did kill his parents.

89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,452
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
But over the years, he’s taken a beating. The worst experience for his family was in September 2018, against Washington at Rice-Eccles Stadium. He was pounded relentlessly by the Huskies. After each shot, he lay on the turf while his family agonized in the stands.

“That was the most difficult sporting moment of our lives,” Britain’s dad said. “He was getting lit up. It was miserable. It was so intense that it took all the joy out of the game and instilled fear and worry. My wife and I looked at each other and said, ‘Maybe he shouldn’t play anymore.’”

https://deseret.com/2021/4/15/22375613/utah-utes-britain-covey-speedy-elusive-receiver-became-consummate-utah-man-for-kyle-whittingham

I don't think I've ever seen a kid take a single game pounding like Covey did.
https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/51295/a-very-special-grundlegifskins-britain-covey-in-memoriam/p3

This one cost us? the most.

On the opening kickoff of the second half in the Pac-12 championship game against that same Washington team in 2018, Covey suffered a torn ACL and meniscus in his right knee.

“I was beyond a fanatic of BYU sports, all the way until I graduated from high school. I have a great affinity for that school and that stadium,” he said. “Just so many great memories there. That’s part of the reason why I did want to play. I knew that my knee wasn’t at even 60%. But I thought it might be the last opportunity I ever get. I’ve wanted to play in that stadium since I was a little kid.”

After that punt return against BYU, Covey saw limited action in a few more games but decided to shut it down and take a redshirt year because he hadn’t recovered in the way he had hoped.

Britain continued to work hard, looking forward to the 2020 season — then the COVID-19 pandemic hit. He was hampered by various minor injuries and played in only a few games in the truncated five-game season, highlighted by an electrifying 64-yard punt return against Oregon State for a touchdown.

It was a mentally exhausting grind the last couple of years. I am stronger than I’ve ever been and I’m faster. I believe that I’m less susceptible to injuries because of what I’ve tried to do on my own.

Covey's back motherfuckers!!!!!!

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2021
    89ute said:

EwaDawg said:

Again, the evidence continues to mount that Britain is immortal.

No human could've survived that night. And how many years has he been playing for Utah? 11?

I rest my case.

Now a junior at Utah. LOFL
    In an interview during our Red and White game yesterday Covey said he could still red-shirt again, giving him 3 more years. Doogs just may see him again in 2023 when our series starts up again.
    Jesus that dude might keep playing forever like race
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

89ute said:

EwaDawg said:

Again, the evidence continues to mount that Britain is immortal.

No human could've survived that night. And how many years has he been playing for Utah? 11?

I rest my case.

Now a junior at Utah. LOFL
    In an interview during our Red and White game yesterday Covey said he could still red-shirt again, giving him 3 more years. Doogs just may see him again in 2023 when our series starts up again.
    Jesus that dude might keep playing forever like race
    I think Race handed over his login information to his great grandkids years ago. IIRC
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He's not interesting. Utah isn't interesting.

The whole thing is like a Utah brewery trying to sell me on a 2% "Planet Kolob" seasonal pale ale.

No fucking thanks.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    haie said:

The whole thing is like a Utah brewery trying to sell me on a 2% "Planet Kolob" seasonal pale ale.

No fucking thanks.

Bunch of fags imo
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2021

haie said:

No fucking thanks.

Bunch of fags imo
    There is this ASU beer club where these guys go to Phoenix area breweries and drink one of everything on the menu and tweet about it.

I wish UW would do something like that since we have a million microbreweries but, you know, we suck as a fanbase. Have you gotten vaccinated yet? We probably have an equivalent club for that. Or an E sport club or a harry potter fan fic club.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

HuskyJW said:

Did you know his grandfather wrote seven habits of highly effective people?

Somewhere on this shithole there's a lousy photoshop of the book with the title "7 Habits Of Highly Concussed People, by Britain Covey"