Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

BOOM

Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

This will get the momentum rolling!

*I think it’s a 3 star kid from Kings with three offers from UW, Boise, and Eastern. Lol. Never seen him play, so no idea if he is good or not, but can’t be any worse than anyone from last year.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I'm hearing he's a really great kid
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Who's the last bonafied "sharpshooter" we had? Wilcox? Or does Green count?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,801
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    He's a white boy Hop is hoping can be the next Kispert out of King's.

He's not.

Fuck. Broom this motherfucker, Jen. C'mon.

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    So is he like the Basketball version of Sam Huard?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bajema was supposedly a great shooter before college. Battle was supposedly a shooter. Dom Green. I can personally attest Abdul Gaddy was a great shooter early in his high school career and was a big reason why he was ranked so high.

Nobody seems to be able to shoot at UW. Even IT underwhelmed as a shooter and was way better at shooting in high school as well as the NBA.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Bajema was supposedly a great shooter before college. Battle was supposedly a shooter. Dom Green. I can personally attest Abdul Gaddy was a great shooter early in his high school career and was a big reason why he was ranked so high.

Nobody seems to be able to shoot at UW. Even IT underwhelmed as a shooter and was way better at shooting in high school as well as the NBA.
    Add Phillip Nelson and Adrian Oliver to the list of shooters that sucked at shooting.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,566
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Add Phillip Nelson and Adrian Oliver to the list of shooters that sucked at shooting.
    Wasn't there a transfer from the A10 during the down years Romar was scrounging for players? Some kid that LR kept praising as this sweet shooting guard? He couldn't shoot either. Was it Quevin Winters? Some name like that. It's embarrassing.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,801
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

A 6'6" guy getting his shot off against Class A competition is way different than a 6'6" guy getting his shot off against P5 competition. Closing speed and athleticism make that extra 1 to 2" go from money to air ball/block.

Kispert is the only one I can think of that made the jump in speed. But he became expert at running off screens and getting in the right spot where the Gonzaga big men would spot him out of the double.

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,566
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

A 6'6" guy getting his shot off against Class A competition is way different than a 6'6" guy getting his shot off against P5 competition. Closing speed and athleticism make that extra 1 to 2" go from money to air ball/block.

Kispert is the only one I can think of that made the jump in speed. But he became expert at running off screens and getting in the right spot where the Gonzaga big men would spot him out of the double.

Joe Harris, Chelan
    Luke Ridnour, Blaine
    Ali Farokhmanesh, Pullman

None are 6'6" but all were great shooters from small schools
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Whatever. The basketball rankings are shit outside the top 100 or whatever and are AAU tournament based bullshit.

I have no idea if he’s good, but 6’7” guys that can shoot are always useful. We’ll see if he can actually shoot. For some reason, nobody can shoot once they play for UW.

This. Every "sharp-shooter" we've brought in for the last 10 years has shot like 20% from 3
    Anybody ever played on the court in Hec Ed? Do the sightlines suck?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Whatever. The basketball rankings are shit outside the top 100 or whatever and are AAU tournament based bullshit.

I have no idea if he’s good, but 6’7” guys that can shoot are always useful. We’ll see if he can actually shoot. For some reason, nobody can shoot once they play for UW.

This. Every "sharp-shooter" we've brought in for the last 10 years has shot like 20% from 3
    Anybody ever played on the court in Hec Ed? Do the sightlines suck?
    It’s not my favorite place to shoot ... it’s definitely a bit strange shooting from the wings/corner at least for me
  • Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I mean, this dude sucks. He's like a less athletic, less talented Hamier Wright.