Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Seahawk Nay Sayers Gargle

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Marlon Wayans is good in my book. The 6th Man was awesome.

My wife and I went to Hec Ed to be "extras" in that movie. Never saw the movie, because the whole day ended up being a miserable fucking experience - no real food and no breaks. We finally got up and left.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    All the experts on here had the Seahawks in a "close" game. That's not a correct prediction. I only remember Race and myself picking them in a blowout. Y'all watched every game and didn't know shit about your own team.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

ESPN isn't about sports news. They're sports entertainment and almost to a man they do whatever it takes to cater to the majority of their viewing audience. They felt that the audience wanted to gargle Manning's jizz for a couple of weeks so that's what they served up. Game day results don't really matter compared to the two weeks prior.

I'm sure everyone remembers when ESPN held their best NCAA football team of all time tournament. It was the year that SC lost to Texas in the title game. They had obviously made up their mind that SC was going to win their mock tournament. Analysis had no part in it. It was purely viewership driven. The 91 Huskies were the first "matchup" for SC in that tournament and Herbstreit smugly dismissed that UW team like they didn't belong on the field with the mighty Trojans.

The funny thing was that SC had was all offense that year and their defense was inept against good teams. It was not the best SC team of the Carroll era by a long shot. They won the ESPN "tournament" and then Vince Young completely embarrassed the SC defense in the title game. It was a close offensive battle but they had no answer for him whatsoever.

I guess my point is that out of all the ESPN "analysts" there had to be some guys who recognized the shortcomings of that team, but that had nothing to do with how they wrote their show. That would be an issue if it was a news and analysis channel, but it isn't.

Yep. I am glad you brought that up. After moving '05 USC past the '91 Dawgs, they matched up against the '97 Michigan team. Mark May went on to say that Charles Woodson wouldn't have been able to cover Dwayne Jarrett. Herbstreit agreed with him. lmao
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

All the experts on here had the Seahawks in a "close" game. That's not a correct prediction. I only remember Race and myself picking them in a blowout. Y'all watched every game and didn't know shit about your own team.

We aren't experts and nor claim to be. We are just a bunch of guys in our parents basements with boners in our sweatpants. You need to learn the difference.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

notice how no one is complaining about score predictions, I heard a guy on CBS, I think his name was Will Brinson or something say the speed of the seahawks could cause trouble, but the denver offense will ultimately be too much, 30-27 or something. That's fine. What everyone is talking about is the half assed coverage that leads to the statements like Wilson is a game manager and shit like that
  • Options
    NYCdawgNYCdawg Member Posts: 52
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2014

In your FACE, Marlon Wayans.

the irony is that wayans' quote ("a good defense always beats a good offense...except with peyton manning") was the precise narrative 90% of the experts/media. it probably would've helped to have watched more than 2-3 seattle games prior to making a pick b/c if you did, you could see a clear hawk victory coming down the road.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2014
    dflea said:

dnc said:

TommySQC said:

CaptainPJ said:

I thought most of the media was fair.

Whoosh?
    No. Every year they pick a winner and a loser. Most happened to pick Denver....big fucking deal. This shit happens all the time but apparently Seahawk fans vaginas get infected if that happens.

But Seattle was the better team by every possible metric. Every advanced stat said Seattle would win, historical comparisons of great offenses meeting great defenses said Seattle would win, even Vegas had Seattle favored at the very beginning. And despite all this, and despite Seattle being the significantly healthier team to boot, almost every national analyst picked the Broncos - the ESPN "experts" tally was something like 31 picked Denver and 9 picked the Hawks. Their local "blogger" beat writers were about 50-50 - the local guys were far superior to the alleged experts because they actually watch the games. It's not sand in the vajayjay to ask the "experts" to have a fucking clue what they're talking about.

OTOH, at least Bill Barnwell had the game dialed in.

Tommy missed all that because he's a fucking goat.

Most "happened to" pick Denver because they're fucking retards, Tommy. Way to climb on the short bust with them, though.

Congratulations?

Hey retard....the point isn't that either team was picked or why, it's that Seattle fans have this inert need to be respected and when they don't get their cock sucked, they whine like little bitches.

You telling me you would have even given it a thought if it was the 49ers instead of Seattle? No fucking way. Wash it out you pussy.

• Options
    TommySQC said:

dflea said:

dnc said:

TommySQC said:

CaptainPJ said:

Whoosh?
    No. Every year they pick a winner and a loser. Most happened to pick Denver....big fucking deal. This shit happens all the time but apparently Seahawk fans vaginas get infected if that happens.

But Seattle was the better team by every possible metric. Every advanced stat said Seattle would win, historical comparisons of great offenses meeting great defenses said Seattle would win, even Vegas had Seattle favored at the very beginning. And despite all this, and despite Seattle being the significantly healthier team to boot, almost every national analyst picked the Broncos - the ESPN "experts" tally was something like 31 picked Denver and 9 picked the Hawks. Their local "blogger" beat writers were about 50-50 - the local guys were far superior to the alleged experts because they actually watch the games. It's not sand in the vajayjay to ask the "experts" to have a fucking clue what they're talking about.

Most "happened to" pick Denver because they're fucking retards, Tommy. Way to climb on the short bust with them, though.

Congratulations?

Hey retard....the point isn't that either team was picked or why, it's that Seattle fans have this inert need to be respected and when they don't get their cock sucked, they whine like little bitches.

You telling me you would have even given it a thought if it was the 49ers instead of Seattle? No fucking way. Wash it out you pussy.

You were also the same guy saying the regular season didn't matter at all. Except for that it did. By having homefield the NFC title game was in Seattle not SF and by having HF the the 49ers had played their fourth straight road game in four weeks.

I'd leave the NFL talk to others.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

dflea said:

dnc said:

TommySQC said:

CaptainPJ said:

Whoosh?

Congratulations?

The press would have been gobbling 49er cock in equal proportions to Peyton Manning's. There would have been nothing to complain about other than the media catering to the lowest common denominator of football fans rather than people who actually know something about the game and would like to know more.
  • Options
    TommySQC said:

dflea said:

dnc said:

TommySQC said:

CaptainPJ said:

Whoosh?

Congratulations?

Completely missed the point.
  • Options
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000325466/article/andrew-luck-younger-qbs-eclipsing-peyton-manning-older-vets?campaign=Facebook_writers_brandt
    shit like this is what I'm referencing, if this so called expert gil brandt said the broncos will win 24-23 or something I don't care, his opinion.
    But shit like this is completely arbitrary, if wilson was the #1 pick and Stafford/Newton were the 3rd rounders no fucking way would this guy rank them above Wilson. He throws out a disclaimer about wilson having a poor comp % in 3 games, stafford had a worse comp % throughout the season, with Calvin fucking Johnson and a guy he could just dump it to in Reggie Bush, not to mention his 4 picks against tampa, and 3 picks against BAL (the game that pretty much ended the season for them). And what has kaepernick done to earn a spot ahead of Wilson? He has a better Oline, a workhorse RB a WR that has succeeded now in 3 different offenses, a former 1st round WR, and an all pro caliber TE.
    Wilson has 2 undrafted FA WR's, a 2nd round WR, a shit oline, and a great RB. And yet Wilson is 3-1 against Kaepernick.
  • Options
    Kaepernick is going to be the greatest QB of all time. Funny how his numbers mirror Russell Wilson's, a game manager.
  • Options
    Kaepernick is a really good qb don't get me wrong, what he did last year and then this year in the postseason is damn impressive. But I'm so sick of his accomplishments getting overblown and Wilson's getting tossed aside. And cam is overrated he played the defenses of the NFC west 5 times, point totals were. 10, 7, 6, and 30 (rams at home) and then 10 in the playoffs
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    TommySQC said:

dflea said:

dnc said:

TommySQC said:

CaptainPJ said:

Whoosh?

Congratulations?

The Niners would have been favored by everyone you dolt - that's the fucking poont.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    TommySQC said:

dflea said:

dnc said:

TommySQC said:

CaptainPJ said:

Whoosh?

Congratulations?

Shut up, assface. You made a fuckin' fool out of yourself, and now would be a good time to shut your fuckin' hole instead of climbing up on the roof to yell out to everyone how fucking stupid you are.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,560
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I predicted a Seacock blowout win as well.

Someone needs to kick Damone's ass off the back of the bandwagon.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dflea said:

TommySQC said:

dflea said:

dnc said:

TommySQC said:

CaptainPJ said:

Whoosh?

Congratulations?

Shut up, assface. You made a fuckin' fool out of yourself, and now would be a good time to shut your fuckin' hole instead of climbing up on the roof to yell out to everyone how fucking stupid you are.
    That's the flea!

Only thing that makes that better is a "dumb fucking donkey" bomb!

I use that phrase liberally in my on and off line lives.

• Options
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000326614/article/andrew-luck-cam-newton-robert-quinn-are-franchisebuilders

that former GM came out with another dumbfuck article, he'd rather build around Tyron Smith and Luke Keuchly than russell wilson and earl thomas.
    Seriously though T. Smith over JJ Watt? WTF is this guy smoking?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I don't want to sound like a whiny seahook who gets a sandy vag every time they get picked against, because those people are just absurd. But even when the seahawks win a SB they still don't get coverage.
    Ultimately it doesn't matter, they'll just keep winning.