Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Expectations for 2014

I'll start off by saying that all problems will be because of the linebackers and coordinators.

What are the expectations for 2014 for you non-Quooks?

Mine:
Compete with Sparty for four quarters. They can lose this game, but it better not look like the Stanford game last year or just getting dominated physically while keeping the score somewhat close but never really having a chance (Auburn BCS NCG).

Win the North.

Win the Conference.

Be in the playoff race in November.

Beat UW & OS.

If Oregon is serious about football they will demand this. This is already being touted as a Top 3 team.

Comments

• Options
    uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Mosster47 said:

Beat UW

Beat UW. Nothing else matters.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    They should win the North and be in the playoff picture come November.

I expect them to finish 2 in the North and outside of the top 10. My expectations are why I think Slingblade needs to be fired.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The early rough draft of the 2014 script has my Huskies winning the North.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

The early rough draft of the 2014 script has my Huskies winning the North.

Off season Conference and National Championship? Peterman is getting things done!

• Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    The Spartans will end the Top 5 non-sense and allow you guys to focus on winning the Pac-12 North. The 2014 Ducks are not National Title contenders but they are very strong in the Pac-12 and should finish the season with 2 losses (MSU and a P12 team)

The Ducks will get revenge on Stanford and the UW game will be very tough even if its in Autzen. Marriotta is going to get a lot of hype but the Ducks are going to have to relay on other players to get it done. They'll need to find a good replacement for Huff. RB is looking good with Marshall, Tyner and incoming Freeman.

New DC in Pellum. Can he bring the magic on gameday that Allioti did? This season should be very exciting. Hellfrich got a pass last year being season 1 but all eyes are on him this season. He's dry behind the ears now...lets see what he can do.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2014
    I think Oregon will beat MSU rather easily. The game is at Autzen. Your offense should be as good as ever. Your OL is back, strong RB's, good TE's, Addison at WR. Your defense won't be great, but it's good enough. After looking at your roster, anything less than the playoffs is a disappointment. I don't see any game where you won't be favored. @UCLA will be tough, but they haven't proven to have a great defense yet. Stanford seems to have your number, but Stanford is looking at a drop off this season without Murphy and Skov. More than 2 losses, and Helfrich should certainly go.

I think 2015 will be the year when everyone realizes Helfrich sucks, if they haven't already. No Mariota, almost an all new OL, and no Ifo.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,582
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think you guys will beat Stanford decisively, beat us by who-knows-how-the-fuck-much while hurling citrus bombs at me while I'm blacked out on Ninkasi, but lose to UCLA, a team who will usher in a new generation of LA bandwagon fans now that the Lakers suck and USC is dude-brehn' it up. I have no idea how the MSU game will go. Tyner will break out (not sure what quook expectations are for him this year) which will balance out Mariota having a year not as spectacular as last (but still very good). The Civil War will be a great game like last year (not like the 2012 dreckfest I was in attendance for at Reser). You'll lose by 7 points in the playoffs to a team with a stacked D that will be one of the few to shut down Tyner next year. There you go, doog crystall ball.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Washington wins this game.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,582
    Swaye's Wigwam

Washington wins this game.

*If* UW somehow pulls this shit out in Autzen it'll be because of #1, #2, or both of these reasons:

1. Preparing for this game, Petersen doesn't have the faggoty (.75$) attitude that Sark had where he never saw Oregon as a hated rival but rather as "what a great week for the doogs, man, if we could just put this "feather" in our cap for the season."

2. Oregon, fat off a decade of double-p'ing us, walks onto the field thinking they're going to automatically roll us and they don't have Chip to set them straight.

• Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 705
    I'm not worried about the game being in Autzen. It's not that tough of a place to play. Stanford and USC beat them there. Oregon is still a finesse team. Which means they typically lose to teams that decide to punch them in the mouth. The UW Defense has been closer to finesse than the buzzsaw they need to be. We'll see if young pups are ready to graduate and take off the training wheels and go smack someone.
  • Options
    Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,312
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Playoffs or Helfrich needs to GTFO.

Too much talent on offense to not win 11 games and the P12 championship. Pvt Pyle will fuck this up and cost them two losses from these 5: @ UCLA, @ OSU, @ Utah Stanford, or Sparty.

Then after a Alamo Bowl win over a 7-5 Texas Tech team the Quooks will proclaim that things are looking great for 2015!
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Playoffs or Helfrich needs to GTFO.

Too much talent on offense to not win 11 games and the P12 championship. Pvt Pyle will fuck this up and cost them two losses from these 5: @ UCLA, @ OSU, @ Utah Stanford, or Sparty.

Then after a Alamo Bowl win over a 7-5 Texas Tech team the Quooks will proclaim that things are looking great for 2015!

2015 will more than likely be a tough road no matter who is the coach. The QB and O-line will be new.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2014

I'm not worried about the game being in Autzen. It's not that tough of a place to play. Stanford and USC beat them there. Oregon is still a finesse team. Which means they typically lose to teams that decide to punch them in the mouth. The UW Defense has been closer to finesse than the buzzsaw they need to be. We'll see if young pups are ready to graduate and take off the training wheels and go smack someone.

That was a few years ago when USC beat them, and Stanford is their only loss there the past two years. It's a tough place to play, stop fooling yourself. I think it's as close to a guaranteed loss as we have on the schedule.

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Expectations: Not high. The AD is obviously an idiot. Conducting the grand experiment of hiring a HC with zero HC experience, an OC with zero OC experience, and now a DC with zero DC experience, and expecting this to result in some kind of magic equal to Chip Kelly is just insane. I think it will end in disaster. I was not impressed by the sloppy offense I saw last year (even during blowouts). The defense was ok and then went to complete shit against Stanford, AZ and OSU. These guys seemed weak willed and lacked spirit. I blame this entirely on the coaches.

I would not be surprised by 3 losses. Mariota is a good QB and he covers up some blemishes, but I don't seem him as being very tuff. He turns mediocre as soon as he starts getting roughed up a bit. Once he becomes mediocre the team changes and they start playing like pussies. I don't want to see that this year. I want to see some tuffness and better leadership, both from the coaches and from the players.

Again, my expectations are not high. I don't have any confidence in Helfrich and I think he needs to get the axe sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    We've already seen the return of the Oregon fade last year. Expect it to rear it's handsome head earlier next Season as the Ducks win the Fight Hunger Bowl to go 9-4 on the Season.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    My expectations?

Win the north. Host the Conference Title Game. New Year's Day in Pasadena.

Why not us?