Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How in THE hell did

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2014
    TTJ said:

Parker is way better than Glenn and I remember him making a couple nice plays in the first half against LSU.

W.JW. Does your husband like football too?
    W.JW. Do you even watch the fucking games? Justin Glenn is better than Sean Parker? Okay, Mr. Glenn. That's honestly one of the dumbest things I have seen posted on this board, at least when it comes to football talk. It's not even close. Glenn was a serviceable starter who at one point was benched for Shamburger. Parker was one of the best safeties in the Pac 12.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Disagree. Glenn was easily the surest tackler of the Sark era, single-handedly saving the 2009 USC game. The only time Shamburger played over Glenn was when the latter was banged up.

Parker was maybe MAYBE better than Glenn in run support, but that is it. I think people are more fond of him because he was a US Army AA and could hit like a beast. Glenn was a less heralded local product out of Mill Creek or Mukilteo IIRC.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

dnc said:

Sark talked shit about him.

#ChrisPolkRedux

A former player told me Sark sold out Polk and Foster. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

He's a chicken cocksucker like that.
    What do you mean by "sold out"? I'm not doubting what you wrote, I just don't understand it. Do you mean he bad mouthed them they way Harbaugh allegedly bad mouthed Sherman?

I would think college coaches would want as many of their former players as possible to do well in the NFL ... makes for a good recruiting pitch.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2014
    Gladstone said:

Disagree. Glenn was easily the surest tackler of the Sark era, single-handedly saving the 2009 USC game. The only time Shamburger played over Glenn was when the latter was banged up.

Parker was maybe MAYBE better than Glenn in run support, but that is it. I think people are more fond of him because he was a US Army AA and could hit like a beast. Glenn was a less heralded local product out of Mill Creek or Mukilteo IIRC.

Parker had more interceptions and despite not being a great athlete, is better than Glenn. Glenn was also severely hampered in 2011. It took him awhile to recover from the broken leg. And Shamburger did beat out Glenn in fall camp 2012.

It turned out to be a stupid move, but against SDSU, Sham was starting. Parker was a 3 year starter, Glenn started 1.5 seasons. Anyway you look at it, Parker was better. Production, accolades, the eye test, highlight plays, Parker checks out as superior. It has nothing to do with high school rankings.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Gladstone said:

Parker had more interceptions and despite not being a great athlete, is better than Glenn. Glenn was also severely hampered in 2011. It took him awhile to recover from the broken leg. And Shamburger did beat out Glenn in fall camp 2012.

It turned out to be a stupid move, but against SDSU, Sham was starting. Parker was a 3 year starter, Glenn started 1.5 seasons. Anyway you look at it, Parker was better. Production, accolades, the eye test, highlight plays, Parker checks out as superior. It has nothing to do with high school rankings.
    So you're saying he has better hips.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

#ChrisPolkRedux

A former player told me Sark sold out Polk and Foster. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

What do you mean by "sold out"? I'm not doubting what you wrote, I just don't understand it. Do you mean he bad mouthed them they way Harbaugh allegedly bad mouthed Sherman?

I would think college coaches would want as many of their former players as possible to do well in the NFL ... makes for a good recruiting pitch.
    Top priority is building credibility so you can move up to an NFL job. Better to undersell someone who is not a sure thing than to oversell a potential bust.
  • Options
    CaptainPJ said:

dnc said:

#ChrisPolkRedux

To gain what, exactly.

Not doubting it, just curious.

It's his way of saying fuck you to guys he didn't like.

As for Parker remember who told Sark off? I have no doubts Sark sold him out.

Lambo used to pull that shit like with Dillon and Kruetz.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Glenn better than Parker? LOL!!!!
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam

remember when Mays was publicly furious at Pete Carroll for the Seahawks drafting Earl Thomas at #14 overall instead of him?

I had forgotten about that, good call by PC then and even better now knowing the player that Thomas turned into.
  • Options
    Why are there people in this thread shocked to hear a college coach has shit on his players going into the NFL draft like this is something new?

Sark has proven he is a man of low character and it does make sense. Mason Foster was a projected 2nd rounder, yet fell to the third and has proven he should have been drafted probably late first.

Chris Polk went undrafted and is in the NFL for two years, same with Jermaine Kearse proving they should have at least been drafted.

Sark is a piece of a shit! Terrible coach, terrible person and just glad he is no longer associated with UW.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

TTJ said:

Small. Slow. Looked great against the weak sisters of the poor. Against the Oregons and LSUs, got abused.

Look at it this way: Parker was smaller, slower, and less productive than Glenn, who was a UDFA and early cut.

Parker is way better than Glenn and I remember him making a couple nice plays in the first half against LSU.
    @RoadDawg55‌, did you happen to notice what Rob Rang wrote about Parker's pro day performance today?
    Unfortunately, the news wasn't so good for another former Husky. Safety Sean Parker measured in smaller than his listed size of 5-10, 197 pounds, coming in officially at 5-09 (3/4) and 190 pounds. He also ran slower than expected, with one club recording him at 4.79 seconds in the 40-yard dash.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    TTJ said:

TTJ said:

Small. Slow. Looked great against the weak sisters of the poor. Against the Oregons and LSUs, got abused.

Look at it this way: Parker was smaller, slower, and less productive than Glenn, who was a UDFA and early cut.

@RoadDawg55‌, did you happen to notice what Rob Rang wrote about Parker's pro day performance today?
    Unfortunately, the news wasn't so good for another former Husky. Safety Sean Parker measured in smaller than his listed size of 5-10, 197 pounds, coming in officially at 5-09 (3/4) and 190 pounds. He also ran slower than expected, with one club recording him at 4.79 seconds in the 40-yard dash.
    Rang also praised Keith Price today as well so not a cool day to be RoadDawg man.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

TTJ said:

Didn't see it until now. Parker was still a more productive player than Glenn. How is Glenn doing in the NFL anyways? More_Time, regarding Price, I didn't expect him to do bad. Let's see how he does in the preseason when facing a pass rush. Most QB's kill it at Pro Days. Locker went 42-45 and his accuracy sucks.

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

How is Glenn doing in the NFL anyways?

Struggling to find your shot in this thread? My original point above was that Glenn, who is, was and will always be a better player than Parker, was "a UDFA and early cut."
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2014
    TTJ said:

How is Glenn doing in the NFL anyways?

Struggling to find your shot in this thread? My original point above was that Glenn, who is, was and will always be a better player than Parker, was "a UDFA and early cut."
    We are going to have to disagree. Sean Parker had a better career. Both guys are solid. Pop off when/if Parker doesn't make a team. He has a better chance than Glenn ever did. There's nothing to suggest Glenn was better, but you can think he was.