Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jayden Limar, 2023 4* RB, Lake Stevens (HS), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

People that bitch about KB really have to reach...

RB has been one of the most consistent positions since he has gotten here.

OL, QB, LB, WR, hell now even safety haven't performed as well.

I like how when the running game goes well you credit the RB but when it struggles you blame the OL.
    RB production for the most part is just basically just a production of OL play and good run scheme. In college there’s exceptions though like Etienne/Gaskin/Zeke/Saquan where it doesn’t matter as much.

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    One thing I’ll give it to Boner on is his “stable” doesn’t put the ball on the turf very often
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

KB has been here for 7 seasons. Four of those had Myles starting. How do you judge his non-Gaskin seasons (14, 19, and 20)?

This. Gaskin was an amazing college RB that thrived despite Pete's inability to consistently field a competent offense. Haven't seen much outside of that. Hell, Ahmed looks smoother as a pro than he did twirling in the backfield with Brownsocks.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,091
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited April 2021

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It’s not a bad thing if we are able to get elite kids from home ... that’s good for us

Some of you just complain to complain

Still early, but these are just good players, not elite players. None of them have an offer better than UW (yet). And KB is perfectly happy not working for a good player, than working hard for a great player.

And it probably won't matter because elite RBs are just a luxury, but its just a reflection of the state of our recruiting.
    When we offer in-state local players we bitch if they are good but not great

When we don’t offer good but not great players early enough and/or string them along, we bitch because the staff clearly fucked up

I’d buy your point if we were bringing in elite players all over the place from elsewhere

But if we’re getting in-state 4 stars that are good fits for our program ... why are we complaining? The fence right? The FENCE
    It's great we are offering them now, it's bad that KB will make no effort to recruit anyone else
    I’m far from a great fan of KB

But let’s be clear here ... no matter what KB did you’d find a reason to complain about his ways

Just call it what it is
    He doesn't even try to bring any high-level talent in from out-of-state. Anybody who is RB coach at UW should land the in-state kids.
    Let us not forget that McGrew and Davis were both 4* California recruits. And before you start, I'm not defending Boner's recruiting. It could definitely be better, but he does get a bad rap sometimes because he posts skeleton pictures.
  • Options
    HireBRoyHireBRoy Member Posts: 77
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If you look at results, yes. If you look at the process, well...
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,091
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It’s not a bad thing if we are able to get elite kids from home ... that’s good for us

Still early, but these are just good players, not elite players. None of them have an offer better than UW (yet). And KB is perfectly happy not working for a good player, than working hard for a great player.

And it probably won't matter because elite RBs are just a luxury, but its just a reflection of the state of our recruiting.

When we don’t offer good but not great players early enough and/or string them along, we bitch because the staff clearly fucked up

I’d buy your point if we were bringing in elite players all over the place from elsewhere

But if we’re getting in-state 4 stars that are good fits for our program ... why are we complaining? The fence right? The FENCE
    It's great we are offering them now, it's bad that KB will make no effort to recruit anyone else

But let’s be clear here ... no matter what KB did you’d find a reason to complain about his ways

Just call it what it is
    He doesn't even try to bring any high-level talent in from out-of-state. Anybody who is RB coach at UW should land the in-state kids.
    Let us not forget that McGrew and Davis were both 4* California recruits. And before you start, I'm not defending Boner's recruiting. It could definitely be better, but he does get a bad rap sometimes because he posts skeleton pictures.
    Were either recruited by USC?

I don't follow this shit nearly as closely as I used to (thank god) but I just remember every year Boner would settle for the 4th-5th option on the board even though it looked early on like we were in good position with higher targets- many of whom went on to be studs at other schools.
    Davis had a USC offer and McGrew did not.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,543
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I like how when the running game goes well you credit the RB but when it struggles you blame the OL.
    I like how that is your takeaway from what I said
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Just call it what it is
    Missing my point

I’m not arguing that KB wins tough recruiting battles

What I’m saying is that you can’t have it both ways of criticizing him for going after the local kids and getting them when he does while at the same time bashing him if he drags his feet locally and losing them ... which would happen

Hence my point that no matter what KB does he’s going to be bitched about
    Except literally no one is bashing him for going after the local kids and getting them, he's being bashed for simply settling for the lowest hanging fruit every recruiting cycle.
    This. Jesus. Didn't even really need to be said. Sometimes an argument is hard to let go of, as Teq seems determined to demonstrate.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    chuck said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Just call it what it is
    Missing my point

What I’m saying is that you can’t have it both ways of criticizing him for going after the local kids and getting them when he does while at the same time bashing him if he drags his feet locally and losing them ... which would happen

Except literally no one is bashing him for going after the local kids and getting them, he's being bashed for simply settling for the lowest hanging fruit every recruiting cycle.
    This. Jesus. Didn't even really need to be said. Sometimes an argument is hard to let go of, as Teq seems determined to demonstrate.
    What discussion am I determined to not let go of?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Just call it what it is
    Missing my point

The idea that someone is bashing boner for recruiting and signing local kids. That is not what he gets criticized for.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,892
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2021

He’s yet to sign a high 4+ ⭐️ from outside of WA and turn him into a stud. He makes his layups. He values work life balance and so doesn’t have the time to commit to recruiting. This has been said 12 times now in 12 different ways. If you can’t agree with this I can’t help you. I will say that you can do more with more. #developmentuniversity per little Jimmie.

I’m glad ballz isn’t here anymore because his ability to aids up every thread on the board simultaneously was second to none. But some of you have ballz like tendencies and I’d appreciate you not cumming your aids with a frequency of more then once a week. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Just call it what it is
    Missing my point

The idea that someone is bashing boner for recruiting and signing local kids. That is not what he gets criticized for.
    As @dirtysouwfdawg noted, KB has largely signed what he’s supposed to sign. The criticism comes with not being able to win a big recruiting battle where there was a strong fight

Personally, I don’t care who a coach signs ... coach them up and produce on the field.

At the same time if you aren’t recruiting well
    enough that translates to the field and eventually the unemployment line

KB to this point is one of our better recruiters in Texas
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    Tequilla said:

...Personally, I don’t care who a coach signs ...

Says the blowhard on the recruiting bored with 17,599 poasts.
  • Options
    TTJ said:

Tequilla said:

My position on recruiting is well known ... I rarely get excited for any individual recruit
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    Tequilla said:

TTJ said:

Tequilla said:

My position on recruiting is well known ... I rarely get excited for any individual recruit