Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It’s not a bad thing if we are able to get elite kids from home ... that’s good for us

Some of you just complain to complain
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Good player. I call bullshit on 5-11 though.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,292
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

It’s not a bad thing if we are able to get elite kids from home ... that’s good for us

Still early, but these are just good players, not elite players. None of them have an offer better than UW (yet). And KB is perfectly happy not working for a good player, than working hard for a great player.

And it probably won't matter because elite RBs are just a luxury, but its just a reflection of the state of our recruiting.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2021

Tequilla said:

Still early, but these are just good players, not elite players. None of them have an offer better than UW (yet). And KB is perfectly happy not working for a good player, than working hard for a great player.

And it probably won't matter because elite RBs are just a luxury, but its just a reflection of the state of our recruiting.
    I bet Brown will be pretty close to elite. We haven’t offered many in state freshman who didn’t turn out to be elite.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,964
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Depressing to see a kid fall under the spell of White Power at such a young age.

• Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

When we offer in-state local players we bitch if they are good but not great

When we don’t offer good but not great players early enough and/or string them along, we bitch because the staff clearly fucked up

I’d buy your point if we were bringing in elite players all over the place from elsewhere

But if we’re getting in-state 4 stars that are good fits for our program ... why are we complaining? The fence right? The FENCE
    It's great we are offering them now, it's bad that KB will make no effort to recruit anyone else
    I’m far from a great fan of KB

But let’s be clear here ... no matter what KB did you’d find a reason to complain about his ways

Just call it what it is
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

When we don’t offer good but not great players early enough and/or string them along, we bitch because the staff clearly fucked up

I’d buy your point if we were bringing in elite players all over the place from elsewhere

But if we’re getting in-state 4 stars that are good fits for our program ... why are we complaining? The fence right? The FENCE
    It's great we are offering them now, it's bad that KB will make no effort to recruit anyone else

But let’s be clear here ... no matter what KB did you’d find a reason to complain about his ways

Just call it what it is
    He doesn't even try to bring any high-level talent in from out-of-state. Anybody who is RB coach at UW should land the in-state kids.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Depressing to see a kid fall under the spell of White Power at such a young age.

Dude on the right is pointing him out to the authorities
    #MMFG
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Just call it what it is
    He doesn't even try to bring any high-level talent in from out-of-state. Anybody who is RB coach at UW should land the in-state kids.
    Missing my point

I’m not arguing that KB wins tough recruiting battles

What I’m saying is that you can’t have it both ways of criticizing him for going after the local kids and getting them when he does while at the same time bashing him if he drags his feet locally and losing them ... which would happen

Hence my point that no matter what KB does he’s going to be bitched about
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Just call it what it is
    What I’m saying is that you can’t have it both ways of criticizing him for going after the local kids and getting them when he does while at the same time bashing him if he drags his feet locally and losing them ... which would happen

• Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Just call it what it is
    Missing my point

Except literally no one is bashing him for going after the local kids and getting them, he's being bashed for simply settling for the lowest hanging fruit every recruiting cycle.
    Just show me a good run game and I'm happy. He usually does, except when we're running dives into the backs of our OL repeatedly.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,061
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Just call it what it is
    Missing my point

Has he had anyone to lose lately at the RB position? I don't know if Simon would count.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    People that bitch about KB really have to reach...

RB has been one of the most consistent positions since he has gotten here.

OL, QB, LB, WR, hell now even safety haven't performed as well.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Just call it what it is
    Missing my point

Except literally no one is bashing him for going after the local kids and getting them, he's being bashed for simply settling for the lowest hanging fruit every recruiting cycle.
    What you (and others) are insinuating is that these local kids are the lowest hanging fruit out there for him

This is completely playing both sides