Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm on the sidelines

2»

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,126
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baseman said:

godawgst said:

Baseman said:

EwaDawg said:

Baseman said:

Everything in my universe too expensive. Went heavy on Domino's Pizza between $320 - $330 and it's already back @ $380. I loved Google at $2,050. Not so much, now above $2,200.

Pared back on Bank of America (30%) and Hartford (20%) and a little of my Citi (10%). all held in my IRAs -- $0 capital gains tax

I'm a buy and hold guy -- for the most part -- but the recent run up on the former two skewed my portfolio too heavy on financials.

With dry powder I'm looking for a pullback on QQQM (baby QQQ. Lower fees) for a better entry point.

Why is DPZ off nearly 14% from its annual high?
    Analysts were disappointed in sales guidance (8-10% increase instead of 10) Fine by me. I got into Starbucks three years ago when they missed and am a happy camper, looking for an opportunity to buy more
    What Dominos Pizza, oops just Dominos now, has done the last 15 years was extraordinary stock price wise.

Can they continue even 1/4 of that run? What did they do that propelled the stock like it did.?
    A franchise model that requires little capital outlay but is franchisee friendly. Investments in technology. Buying back shares.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Dominos, wished I'd bought it years ago. Still has big upside going forward. I plan on owning for at least the next ten years and will look to buy more when it's attractively priced.

Any profitable company with projected 8-10% revenue growth over the next three years points to more upside.
    There is not a national franchisor in existence that is "franchisee friendly".
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,126
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Baseman said:

godawgst said:

Baseman said:

EwaDawg said:

Baseman said:

Everything in my universe too expensive. Went heavy on Domino's Pizza between $320 - $330 and it's already back @ $380. I loved Google at $2,050. Not so much, now above $2,200.

Pared back on Bank of America (30%) and Hartford (20%) and a little of my Citi (10%). all held in my IRAs -- $0 capital gains tax

I'm a buy and hold guy -- for the most part -- but the recent run up on the former two skewed my portfolio too heavy on financials.

With dry powder I'm looking for a pullback on QQQM (baby QQQ. Lower fees) for a better entry point.

Analysts were disappointed in sales guidance (8-10% increase instead of 10) Fine by me. I got into Starbucks three years ago when they missed and am a happy camper, looking for an opportunity to buy more
    What Dominos Pizza, oops just Dominos now, has done the last 15 years was extraordinary stock price wise.

Can they continue even 1/4 of that run? What did they do that propelled the stock like it did.?
    A franchise model that requires little capital outlay but is franchisee friendly. Investments in technology. Buying back shares.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Dominos, wished I'd bought it years ago. Still has big upside going forward. I plan on owning for at least the next ten years and will look to buy more when it's attractively priced.

Any profitable company with projected 8-10% revenue growth over the next three years points to more upside.
    You've sold me. The newest Dominos franchise is now coming to Kitsap County!
    Don't buy a job if what you want is a business.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

godawgst said:

Baseman said:

EwaDawg said:

Baseman said:

Since it's somewhat down now, perhaps now is a good entry point for the first timers?

When Americans stop getting drunk and eating pizza and wings, we'll all be dead anyway.
    Maybe dip your toe in the water. I made my first buy Feb 22 at $374. I kept buying as it went down and loaded up on March 8 @ $328.

I read in Peter Lynch's book that when he likes a stock but isn't ready to go all in he'll open a small position so it's on his radar. I took the idea and employed the same strategy and found it worked well. Even if you only have 1 share, having it on your radar makes it easier to buy more when you think the timing is right.

If you're looking for 30% return by next year, I'd say pass. If you want an exceptional company you're comfortable owning for 10 years, Dominos should well outperform the market (SP 500)
    Looks like I was wrong
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

godawgst said:

Baseman said:

EwaDawg said:

Baseman said:

Since it's somewhat down now, perhaps now is a good entry point for the first timers?

When Americans stop getting drunk and eating pizza and wings, we'll all be dead anyway.
    Maybe dip your toe in the water. I made my first buy Feb 22 at $374. I kept buying as it went down and loaded up on March 8 @ $328.

I read in Peter Lynch's book that when he likes a stock but isn't ready to go all in he'll open a small position so it's on his radar. I took the idea and employed the same strategy and found it worked well. Even if you only have 1 share, having it on your radar makes it easier to buy more when you think the timing is right.

If you're looking for 30% return by next year, I'd say pass. If you want an exceptional company you're comfortable owning for 10 years, Dominos should well outperform the market (SP 500)

I was wrong. Too conservative on my outlook. Hope you pigeons got in and held.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have doubted and watched Domino's go off for a 20 bagger and didn't believe it every step of the way.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    It's alright. You could be like me and get into crypto late and be down 40%
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

godawgst said:

Baseman said:

EwaDawg said:

Baseman said:

Still in Google till 3k?
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

godawgst said:

Baseman said:

EwaDawg said:

Baseman said:

Still in Google till 3k?
    I'll be in Google a long tim
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was talking to an old friend that I may or may not have used to do podcasts with. He thinks Biden and the dems are going to go after big tech hard. Not sure I agree but thought I would share some inside info for you stock kings
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,481
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I was talking to an old friend that I may or may not have used to do podcasts with. He thinks Biden and the dems are going to go after big tech hard. Not sure I agree but thought I would share some inside info for you stock kings

They're going to fire their PR firms? Don't think so.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
    Swaye's Wigwam

That was my counter argument but he claims it is already happening. He's a tech guy
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,798

That was my counter argument but he claims it is already happening. He's a tech guy
    Once the Useful Idiots are no longer useful, they're expendable.

TTTTT, I know.

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dem's playing to their base of Robinhooding the Evil Rich so they can give to the poor.

In this case, the Rich are tech companies and that's where the money is at.

Bad facebook, bad Google, bad Amazon.......