Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Guess who’s number 39 in life expectancy?

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2021
    Poor nutrition and Popeyes chicken.

Arby’s.

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2021
    Non-Hispanic Black adults (49.6%) had the highest age-adjusted prevalence of obesity, followed by Hispanic adults (44.8%), non-Hispanic White adults (42.2%) and non-Hispanic Asian adults (17.4%)

If Bernie really cared about the working class he'd be going nuclear over what's happening at the border.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,681
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

Non-Hispanic Black adults (49.6%) had the highest age-adjusted prevalence of obesity, followed by Hispanic adults (44.8%), non-Hispanic White adults (42.2%) and non-Hispanic Asian adults (17.4%)

If Bernie really cared about the working class he'd be going nuclear over what's happening at the border.
    Like he did his entire career until orangemanbad.

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2021
    The US is 39th because of housing and climate change.

How about 1 or 1500 too many Big Macs.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Are we supposed to take Bernie at his word?

You are free to LEAVE as always

Plenty of folks want to take your place. Willing to risk death to get here.
    Standard Supporter

Poor nutrition and Popeyes chicken.

Arby’s.

Also has a lot to do with how we count infant mortality compared to other countries. As always, liberals lie and they love being lied to.

The first nuance is one of definition. Infant mortality is defined as the death of babies under the age of one year, but some of the differences between countries can be explained by a difference in how we count. Is a baby born weighing less than a pound and after only 21 weeks' gestation actually "born?" In some countries, the answer is no, and those births would be counted as stillbirths. In the United States, on the other hand, despite these premature babies' relatively low odds of survival, they would be considered born -- thus counting toward the country's infant mortality rates.
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2021
    There are racial and ethnic differences in infant mortality that might help explain the differences between the United States and Europe. For example, African American and American Indian/Alaska Native babies are at higher risk of SIDS than Caucasian, Hispanic or Asian American babies. As most other developed countries have a comparatively small population with African heritage (and very few people of American Indian descent) these statistics might also help explain the numbers.

Do you blame evolution or systemic racism for this Kobe?
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,484
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Kobe would move to Europe, except he can’t afford it and he has no skills with which to market himself.

Best to stay in Seattle and use his employers WiFi at the coffee shop to post on internet chat boards.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    Founders Club
    The best experts on Europe have never lived there but they shop at H&M
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    thechatch said:

Kobe would move to Europe, except he can’t afford it and he has no skills with which to market himself.

Best to stay in Seattle and use his employers WiFi at the coffee shop to post on internet chat boards.

I’m both a trust fund baby and too poor to move. The dems stole the election and have the mental capacity of 6 year olds.

Fascists famously paint their enemies as both strong and weak.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    thechatch said:

Holland requires their immigrants to learn Dutch...amazing how selective he is in policy about how much better Europe is than the US.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I mean this with all due respect ...

But if there’s a country out there that you feel is a better fit for you and your goals going forward whats stopping you from finding a way to move there and/or become a citizen of that country?

If I was that unhappy as you seem to be I’d be looking for a way to go somewhere that made me happier
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2021
    Tequilla said:

But if there’s a country out there that you feel is a better fit for you and your goals going forward whats stopping you from finding a way to move there and/or become a citizen of that country?

If I was that unhappy as you seem to be I’d be looking for a way to go somewhere that made me happier

Curious that you’re asking me this question and not the people that think we live in a banana republic, that we’re becoming communist, that think wokeness and cancel culture are plagues on our country.

Shit, at least I’ve got the votes to move the country in my direction. The only way you guys ever win is when people don’t vote.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,681
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Curious that you’re asking me this question and not the people that think we live in a banana republic, that we’re becoming communist, that think wokeness and cancel culture are plagues on our country.

Shit, at least I’ve got the votes to move the country in my direction. The only way you guys ever win is when people don’t vote.
    Delusional.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

The votes were for Biden

lol
    Standard Supporter

thechatch said:

I’m both a trust fund baby and too poor to move. The dems stole the election and have the mental capacity of 6 year olds.

Amazing how you never address the fact that your initial claim was based on pure bullshit.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Shit poast

Tequilla said:

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

I’d say the same things to those people ... so you can come down from your soapbox in that regard.

The only thing the last election proved was that people didn’t want to vote for Trump for a variety of reasons

Dems are taking the last election result as an indication that the voters support the policies ... personally I think that’s a dangerous slope

Anybody that knows how this works knows that the Dems are likely to lose seats in the House/Senate in 2022 ... happens most midterm elections

Trump had the 2 highest vote totals for a Republican in the last 2 elections. That’s not endorsing him at all ... just stating facts. Reality is that there is room for a Republican candidate that is more closely tuned to most Americans in policy but doesn’t have the toxic stink to them that Bad Orange Man had
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,484
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

thechatch said:

I never said you were a trust fund baby. I’ve been pretty consistent in saying that you’re just an average run-of-the-mill twenty something with no career, a useless degree, and an endless supply of indoctrinated bullshit from his sociology professors at a directional college...