Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Andrew Faoliu enters Tansfer Portal

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited April 2021 in Duck Refuge

Faoliu is the ninth Oregon player and second edge rusher to transfer this offseason.

His departures leaves Oregon with 81 countable scholarship players and 89 overall.

Comments

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    That's transfer #11. How many more we expecting?
  • Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    SEC you later.

Culling talent like the big boys. Let’s win more games while we’re at it.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2021
    The writing was on the wall. With all the talent he was going to have to compete with, his playing time was going to be severely limited.

“In three seasons on campus, Faoliu appeared in 22 games (including all seven in 2020), making 13 total tackles, registering 5.0 tackles-for-loss, and 4.0 sacks. He recorded a sack in the 2020 Pac-12 Championship against USC.

Oregon has been recruiting linebackers at unprecedented levels but outside linebacker had less depth than its inside counterpart which includes Noah Sewell, Justin Flowe, and Keith Brown in the last two classes.

The Ducks signed Justin Flowe's younger brother, Jonathan Flowe, to play outside along with 3-stars Brandon Bucker and Terrell Tilmon. Multi-year starter Mase Funa will be eligible to declare for the NFL Draft after the 2021 season, but new defensive coordinator Tim DeRuyter has said he plans to move players across positions. For example, Kayvon Thibodeaux will likely play more outside linebacker than in previous seasons.

The move opens up a scholarship for the Ducks, too“-NBC Sports

Not to mention Ajax, LaDuke, Ma’ae
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ramenduck said:

SEC you later.

Culling talent like the big boys. Let’s win more games while we’re at it.

Best cultural change Mario has brought to the program. After year 2 it’s apparent if a kid is going to contribute or not. If they’re not, free up the scholly for someone who might
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Andrew Faoliu doesn’t (completely) suck and I would prefer to keep depth. But if the defense is 2019 good and not the 2020 abomination then he wasn’t going to see the field much.

Anyone ever figure out wtf Avalos’ deal was? No goodbye and thanks for all the shoes tweet? Cristobal uncharacteristically going out of his way to explain how DeRuyter is better than his predecessor. Did someone pork Avalos’ wife? Are Eugene’s soccer coaches at it again?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Is Cristobal losing control of the program??

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,261
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    On a stupid twitter list Jimmy made the most liked coach list and Cristobal the most disliked list. Middle of the pac for both

I really don't want my coach to be liked. Don James still strikes fear in the hearts of ducks and coogs of a certain age
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

On a stupid twitter list Jimmy made the most liked coach list and Cristobal the most disliked list. Middle of the pac for both

I really don't want my coach to be liked. Don James still strikes fear in the hearts of ducks and coogs of a certain age

I don't think it was liked or disliked I think it was likable or unlikeable.

SOYNTLTD
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2021

Andrew Faoliu doesn’t (completely) suck and I would prefer to keep depth. But if the defense is 2019 good and not the 2020 abomination then he wasn’t going to see the field much.

Anyone ever figure out wtf Avalos’ deal was? No goodbye and thanks for all the shoes tweet? Cristobal uncharacteristically going out of his way to explain how DeRuyter is better than his predecessor. Did someone pork Avalos’ wife? Are Eugene’s soccer coaches at it again?

KT said he’s backed up by Swinson and then Adrian Jackson and Navarratte. Funa is backed up by Shipley and Ma’ae. Shipley sounds like he’s in line to take his spot.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,042
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Scrub who never should have been offered leaves program. More at 11.