Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,484
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I'm not surprised I'm not surprised.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,720
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

How bad is it when you have a clear path to play, returning QB, Sam Huard coming, and you still decide to LEAVE?

That's exactly what I was just thinking. You would think they feel excited about the opportunities.

Yikes.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Just wait until @Babushka gets ahold of ‘em.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Our best WR last season was our starting TE.

Simple fact
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

When 5 of your top 9 returning wr's leave there is/was a problem in that room, unless you head over to dawgman where our top 7 is "we good".

Returning back to reality we have 6 scholarship wr's and of our top 7

3 have never played a snap
    2 have played in 3 games (Rome/Jalen who iirc both did not play versus Utah)
    1 is coming off major injury (Bynum)
    1 is a freshman transfer from Texas Tech wi/ 24 catches

I'm sure Michigan is crapping their pants looking at that group, and the Wolverines (along with every other D coordinator we face) will be playing heavy 8 in the box daring us to throw it.

Lake and Donovan seeing/thinking to themselves "we have them right where we want them - fullback dive"

Dude stop crying
    Not crying at all, just stating facts.

Sorry if you don't like hearing it.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Jimmy installing the wing-T?
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited April 2021
    godawgst said:

godawgst said:

When 5 of your top 9 returning wr's leave there is/was a problem in that room, unless you head over to dawgman where our top 7 is "we good".

I'm sure Michigan is crapping their pants looking at that group, and the Wolverines (along with every other D coordinator we face) will be playing heavy 8 in the box daring us to throw it.

Lake and Donovan seeing/thinking to themselves "we have them right where we want them - fullback dive"

Dude stop crying

“When 5 of your top 9 returning wr's leave there is/was a problem in that room....
    I'm sure Michigan is crapping their pants looking at that group, and the Wolverines (along with every other D coordinator we face) will be playing heavy 8 in the box daring us to throw it.”

I’m pretty sure this is a subjective statement without factual basis.

You never know what the two freshman from last year can do in a true season, with a qb who can get them the ball.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

godawgst said:

Dude stop crying

“When 5 of your top 9 returning wr's leave there is/was a problem in that room....
    I'm sure Michigan is crapping their pants looking at that group, and the Wolverines (along with every other D coordinator we face) will be playing heavy 8 in the box daring us to throw it.”

I’m pretty sure this is a subjective statement without factual basis.

You never know what the two freshman from last year can do in a true season, with a qb who can get them the ball.
    Do you believe all of them leaving is b/c of unique individual circumstances and there are no overarching other factors going into it?

Agreed Rome looked shovel ready last year. Jalen looked like a typical freshman.

We need them to be both as good as advertised and to stay healthy this year.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,720
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

Run the ball

Nay, run the damn ball
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Doogles said:

How bad is it when you have a clear path to play, returning QB, Sam Huard coming, and you still decide to LEAVE?

I'm not sure they have a clear path to play, at least as starters. Osborne has done nothing and Spiker is rail thin and perpetually injured
    The same thought crossed my mind: These guys were immediately passed up by McMillan and Odunze. Makes you wonder if Racanelli wasn’t passing them too. It’s possible Spiker and Osborne just read the writing on the wall.