Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Slight Correction of Georgia Election laws from AJC

2»

Comments

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

So did MLB move Atlanta Braves games to another state? if no - what a bunch of pussies

Is the NCAA(P) going to pull football out of Georgia? the NFL, what about Delta? is the airport still in business?

Where are the bans when we need them?

How would they be legally capable of doing that?
    MLB is pulling the all-star game and the draft out of Georgia, Private business they can do whatever they like. I am wondering why others in Georgia haven't followed suit. It is more like they are still playing Trump cards instead.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,883
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The truly shitty part is when you show the actual facts of the bill, libs still don't care. Any reason to call a conservative "Racist" and throw out "Jim Crow" when it doesn't apply. Still waiting for CNN with the live fact checking. It's almost as if they don't care when the facts they like are in power.

From what I can tell about the bill ...

There’s a desire to ensure that the individual that voted is actually the person they say that they are ... a position that a majority of Americans agree with and have for a long period of time

Ensuring that to receive an absentee ballot that the individual voter requests the ballot vs everybody getting mailed one without requesting it ... I suspect this is aimed at ensuring one vote for each voter versus ballot harvesting (as an aside I’d love to know what controls we have in place with elections to audit against - particularly real time - to ensure for instance that I don’t vote not only with my absentee ballot but also in person on Election Day?)

Limiting the hours of drop boxes to be consistent with the same times as early voting is open ... effectively it appears to be aimed at ensuring the presence of someone to verify that the individual dropping off the ballot matches the individual voter

Restricting distributing food/drink to those standing in line ... I have to think this is designed to prevent against appearances of impropriety

The hours on the drop box probably aren’t needed. That could be replaced quickly by saying anybody that requests an absentee ballot is ineligible to vote directly at a ballot/voting location. The food/drink thing is kinda stupid but at the same time that’s an easy optic one to fix on a number of levels.

I mean I can see a little bit of the “it’s making it harder to vote” arguments but it seems like twisting to me to make a bigger issue than it is.

What am I missing?
    The blue koolaid drink.
    I’m open to anybody proving anything to me with things like real evidence and facts

I don’t do well with the “because I said so” crowd
    That's called logic.

Without the blue koolaid drink, you still are able to utilize it.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    LebamDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

So did MLB move Atlanta Braves games to another state? if no - what a bunch of pussies

Is the NCAA(P) going to pull football out of Georgia? the NFL, what about Delta? is the airport still in business?

Where are the bans when we need them?

How would they be legally capable of doing that?
    MLB is pulling the all-star game and the draft out of Georgia, Private business they can do whatever they like. I am wondering why others in Georgia haven't followed suit. It is more like they are still playing Trump cards instead.

1) It’s expensive (in both time and $$$) to just pick up and move businesses ...

2) MLB has some anti trust protections that are quite beneficial to their “private” business

In the past the easiest way to get MLB to jump is to start talking a bit about that good ol’ reserve clause and that normally takes care of that
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I am being totally facetious in my comments, the more normal operations of the left is to pressure, then company announces they are leaving, state/city/local government panics, then buckles under threat.

No companies ever really leave, items that were threatened to be pulled out of state never really get pulled. and so on and so on and Scooby dooby do
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2021
    and one other thing - see if Ted Turner/CNN/Atlanta Braves/Hawks/Falcons all begin to pressure Kemp into trying to get those voter laws retracted
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The truly shitty part is when you show the actual facts of the bill, libs still don't care. Any reason to call a conservative "Racist" and throw out "Jim Crow" when it doesn't apply. Still waiting for CNN with the live fact checking. It's almost as if they don't care when the facts they like are in power.

There’s a desire to ensure that the individual that voted is actually the person they say that they are ... a position that a majority of Americans agree with and have for a long period of time

Ensuring that to receive an absentee ballot that the individual voter requests the ballot vs everybody getting mailed one without requesting it ... I suspect this is aimed at ensuring one vote for each voter versus ballot harvesting (as an aside I’d love to know what controls we have in place with elections to audit against - particularly real time - to ensure for instance that I don’t vote not only with my absentee ballot but also in person on Election Day?)

Limiting the hours of drop boxes to be consistent with the same times as early voting is open ... effectively it appears to be aimed at ensuring the presence of someone to verify that the individual dropping off the ballot matches the individual voter

Restricting distributing food/drink to those standing in line ... I have to think this is designed to prevent against appearances of impropriety

The hours on the drop box probably aren’t needed. That could be replaced quickly by saying anybody that requests an absentee ballot is ineligible to vote directly at a ballot/voting location. The food/drink thing is kinda stupid but at the same time that’s an easy optic one to fix on a number of levels.

I mean I can see a little bit of the “it’s making it harder to vote” arguments but it seems like twisting to me to make a bigger issue than it is.

What am I missing?
    The blue koolaid drink.
    I’m open to anybody proving anything to me with things like real evidence and facts

And yet that's all Biden and the Rats have cited as their "evidence."
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    SFGbob said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

What am I missing?
    The blue koolaid drink.

I saw today that the most recent approval ratings for Biden are narrowing a bit

The downside for where he came into office was the only direction to go was down because he was never going to live up to what people thought they were voting for
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,449
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

SFGbob said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

What am I missing?
    The blue koolaid drink.

The downside for where he came into office was the only direction to go was down because he was never going to live up to what people thought they were voting for
    Anyone that voted for Biden is a fucking moron

47 year record of racist corruption
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,862

Tequilla said:

SFGbob said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

What am I missing?
    The blue koolaid drink.

Anyone that voted for Biden is a fucking moron

47 year record of racist corruption
    Few actually voted for him so maybe we aren't as bad off as I thought.