Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Another mass shooting by whitey

124»

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

This is a monumentally stupid thread. Folks like Glenn Loury have clearly laid out the chronology of this issue in a way that should be nearly unanimously agreed up. Yet we always get these shit back and forths instead.

It should be easy to recognize that minorities, black people in particular, have been dealt a shit hand through centuries of state-sanctioned racism. While those de jure practices have more or less been effectively eliminated since the 70s, their legacy isn't hard to trace to the present day. Glenn is perfectly happy to first clearly recognize that history of racism and the inequities it created, but also recognize that the state itself can do little to rectify that problem from this point forward. The gap that remains can only substantially be bridged by the black community itself, with little aid from the state. A patronizing "nanny-state", while well intentioned, has often caused more harm than good (public housing devolving into ghettos, perverse incentives from affirmative action, etc). The number of people who can simultaneously hold these two thoughts in their head at the same time is embarrassingly small.

Appears everyone in this thread but Kobe is able to grasp those two thoughts.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,931
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    GRG is just another useful idiot. When you need to make up white systemic racism to explain inner city school failures by citing slavery in 1860 America - you have lost whatever argument you are making. Like I said, it isn't white conservatives locking black parents and kids into these crappy schools or promoting having children out of wedlock.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I wouldn’t want to answer that question if I was you guys either.

Since you appear to know the answer why don't you tell us?
    I mean if we’re just going to ask questions back and forth, do you think different races can be more or less violent based their genetics?
    Bump.
    I don't think race and genetics have anything to do with people being more or less violent Kobe.

Do you think skin color has something to do with a person's ability to avoid having kids out of wedlock?
    Atta boy. I don’t really understand how you justify thinking IQ and race can be tied to genetics but violence can’t, but baby steps.

There is no biological basis for race, there is no genetic basis for race, there is no scientific basis for race. So, if you’re asking if one race is intrinsically more likely to have kids out of wedlock, the answer is obviously no.
    And the fact that there has been no white defensive backs in the NFL for 20 years and that nearly all elite sprinters are black is due to systemic racism. Got it.

Can you explain why race and genetics don’t impact violent behavior but athletic ability is impacted by it?
    Systemic racism is to blame for both Kobe not genetics. I agree with you. Any disparities between the races is due to racism. You lefties have convinced me of that. The NBA is majority black because of white racism.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

hardhat said:

This is a monumentally stupid thread. Folks like Glenn Loury have clearly laid out the chronology of this issue in a way that should be nearly unanimously agreed up. Yet we always get these shit back and forths instead.

It should be easy to recognize that minorities, black people in particular, have been dealt a shit hand through centuries of state-sanctioned racism. While those de jure practices have more or less been effectively eliminated since the 70s, their legacy isn't hard to trace to the present day. Glenn is perfectly happy to first clearly recognize that history of racism and the inequities it created, but also recognize that the state itself can do little to rectify that problem from this point forward. The gap that remains can only substantially be bridged by the black community itself, with little aid from the state. A patronizing "nanny-state", while well intentioned, has often caused more harm than good (public housing devolving into ghettos, perverse incentives from affirmative action, etc). The number of people who can simultaneously hold these two thoughts in their head at the same time is embarrassingly small.

I agree. Loury, John McWhorter, Thomas Chatterton Williams, etc are very good voices to listen to. You can be realistic about the past and still reject wokeism. Still lots of work to do, but dismantling 'western culture' will achieve nothing.
    McWhorter and Loury are two of the best on this subject (haven't listened to Williams much, but I'll add him to my list). But it's also depressing that they're left holding the torch for this viewpoint and that so few prominent black figures are in their corner. It's literally mind boggling that this isn't a majority-held stance in this country.
    Look how they are treated and look how anyone who agrees with them are treated.

Not hard to see why their views aren’t a majority held stance
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I mean if we’re just going to ask questions back and forth, do you think different races can be more or less violent based their genetics?
    Bump.
    I don't think race and genetics have anything to do with people being more or less violent Kobe.

Do you think skin color has something to do with a person's ability to avoid having kids out of wedlock?
    Atta boy. I don’t really understand how you justify thinking IQ and race can be tied to genetics but violence can’t, but baby steps.

There is no biological basis for race, there is no genetic basis for race, there is no scientific basis for race. So, if you’re asking if one race is intrinsically more likely to have kids out of wedlock, the answer is obviously no.
    And the fact that there has been no white defensive backs in the NFL for 20 years and that nearly all elite sprinters are black is due to systemic racism. Got it.

Can you explain why race and genetics don’t impact violent behavior but athletic ability is impacted by it?
    Systemic racism is to blame for both Kobe not genetics. I agree with you. Any disparities between the races is due to racism. You lefties have convinced me of that. The NBA is majority black because of white racism.
    So you can’t explain your own positions. Got it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2021

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Bump.

So you can’t explain your own positions. Got it.
    Dude, take the W. I’m agreeing with you. All racial disparities are due to racism.

Fucking NBA might as well be run by the Klan.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

But but but standardized tests!!