Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Little reason to buy CDs anymore.

I am all for people listening to records. I just wish the people I know who do would actually hook up a good pair of speakers to their player.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,830
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I am all for people listening to records. I just wish the people I know who do would actually hook up a good pair of speakers to their player.

Yes, a good pair of speakers, a good turn table and a good amp with good phone stage.

I think CDs are still a great fit for people who want hi fi sound but w/o fucking around with vinyl which has become terribly expensive and still remains a bit of a pain. For about $5k you can build one great sounding CD based stereo rig which will blow the doors off what most people are listening to records on these days.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,078
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kind of like leading in typewriter sales
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,092
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I buy both. The fun of hunting old used vinyls is still enjoyable. Buying cds from some of my favorite artists when they come out and loading it into my truck ASAP is still fun to me as well.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,467
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Yes, a good pair of speakers, a good turn table and a good amp with good phone stage.

I think CDs are still a great fit for people who want hi fi sound but w/o fucking around with vinyl which has become terribly expensive and still remains a bit of a pain. For about $5k you can build one great sounding CD based stereo rig which will blow the doors off what most people are listening to records on these days.
    The death of CD players in new cars pisses me off. That's the one thing I hate about my car.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333

The death of CD players in new cars pisses me off. That's the one thing I hate about my car.

• 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

The death of CD cassette players in new cars pisses me off. That's the one thing I hate about my car.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

The death of CD 8-track players in new cars pisses me off. That's the one thing I hate about my car.
    For Race

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited March 2021
    89ute said:

The death of CD Flintstone's style foot power in new cars pisses me off. That's the one thing I hate about my car.

For Race

• alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Ageism.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,078
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think @BleachedAnusDawg is actually a youngster
    Founders Club

Likely younger than you and prefer higher quality sound. Data files suck balls, as do apps that you pay for with no ownership to show for it.
    Founders Club

I think @BleachedAnusDawg is actually just barely holding on to being young'ish

But still.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333

Likely younger than you and prefer higher quality sound. Data files suck balls, as do apps that you pay for with no ownership to show for it.
    Neato. I’m sure the sound system in your Corrolla kicks ass.
    Founders Club

No, my new Camaro SS stereo actually kinda sucks. Which is why I'm replacing the speakers and putting in a sub and amp. Hopefully also adding a cd changer. Most new car stereos are pretty bad, but you wouldn't know that.
    Swaye's Wigwam

No, my new Camaro SS stereo actually kinda sucks. Which is why I'm replacing the speakers and putting in a sub and amp. Hopefully also adding a cd changer. Most new car stereos are pretty bad, but you wouldn't know that.
    I wish I could fit in a Camaro SS.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,569
    Are. Cds still a thing?
    Swaye's Wigwam

Are. Cds still a thing?

It’s complicated