Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A good reason to live in the sticks

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,481
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    How many did you bag?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,882
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It’s nice and sunny at my house today.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,537
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bagged: none
    This is a sunny day on the coast
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

So were you the young bull that rushed over the fence and fucked one of them or the old bull that moseyed on over and fucked them all?

Love that one. I don't think thus is the origin of it, but I learned it in the movie Colors.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

How many did you bag?

Just to be clear, I hesitated to post my joke thinking BleachedAnusDawg had already beaten me to it.
  • Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    True story: represented a client that shot one at one of those elk a couple of years ago. He missed. Fish cop cited him for reckless endangerment after a passing school bus called him in because it "scared the children" on the bus. Jury trial. Not guilt in about 10 minutes of deliberation.

Drive-by shootings are viewed entirely differently in the sticks.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,798
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2021
    That's super cool. Have never had elk come across the compound property. Lots of moose. And fuck the deer that seem to find the front quarterpanel of my vehicle as something they need to ram their bodies into. I've got a punch card at the body shop - I get a free repair after 10.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I saw a herd on my way home last night, too. The sun was shining behind them, and their asses were all shining in the sunlight. I was going to pull over and grab a photo, but this stupid bitch in a minivan wouldn't just go the fuck around me. California plates.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,537
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DHD said:

True story: represented a client that shot one at one of those elk a couple of years ago. He missed. Fish cop cited him for reckless endangerment after a passing school bus called him in because it "scared the children" on the bus. Jury trial. Not guilt in about 10 minutes of deliberation.

Drive-by shootings are viewed entirely differently in the sticks.

that's funny - my wife and I both got selected to a jury on this guy down in Nemah flats shot an elk for his friend that was handicapped (forget the PC term to use but almost said crippled). The guy with the disabled hunting license had driven a different guy home so wasn't even there when the elk got shot. 4 others pleaded guilty but this guy wanted a trial. The actual charge was lying to an official of the state of Washington.

The disabled guy was dropping off a Naselle cop and rushed back just in time to claim the elk before the fish and game warden showed up. The way it was described was more like the gunfight at OK corral as the Elk entered - 5 shooters and 6 or 7 dead elk and all of them saying I didn't shoot one. All elk confiscated and everyone had their license suspended
  • Options
    Mostly The Throbber lives in the sticks so he can pee wherever and whenever he wants.

There's a certain freedom in just whipping it out and spraying without the neighbors thinking that's weird and calling the cops.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Mostly The Throbber lives in the sticks so he can pee wherever and whenever he wants.

There's a certain freedom in just whipping it out and spraying without the neighbors thinking that's weird and calling the cops.

But then you don't have the joy of being the neighbor
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    In all my years, the craziest shit I ever saw happen always involved a dead elk.

People go fucking crazy over one.

After you have a nice backstrap steak with some sauteed chanterelles on top, it becomes clear why, though.
  • Options

But then you don't have the joy of being banging the neighbor
    Let's be accurate.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    USMChawk said:

I was hiking with my daughter and came across this little guy, fresh from his winter hibernation. We even got a half hearted rattle out of him when a guy came running up for a photo op.

Pretty early and cold for snakes yet around here. We've had a couple of days that might draw a few out, but still getting frost on the nice nights. I'm going to move back to the west side sometime, maybe soon, where I can admire rattlers on TV shows instead of wondering if I'm about to step on one.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    USMChawk said:

I was hiking with my daughter and came across this little guy, fresh from his winter hibernation. We even got a half hearted rattle out of him when a guy came running up for a photo op.

Pics?
  • Options
    The Throbber hates snakes more than Indiana Jones does.