Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Biden and the Rats are just flat out lying about the Georgia election bill

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
edited March 2021 in Tug Tavern
Among the outrageous parts of this new state law, it ends voting hours early so working people can’t cast their vote after their shift is over.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2021/03/26/statement-by-president-biden-on-the-attack-on-the-right-to-vote-in-georgia/

On Election Day in Georgia, polling places are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and if you are in line by 7 p.m., you are allowed to cast your ballot. Nothing in the new law changes those rules.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/03/30/biden-falsely-claims-new-georgia-law-ends-voting-hours-early/

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,126
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    You can criticize the bill for many things, but I don’t think you can criticize it for reducing the hours you can vote,” said University of Georgia political scientist Charles S. Bullock III. He speculated that Biden may have been briefed on an early version of the bill — “there were 25 versions floating around” — and he did not get an update on the final version.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,933
    Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

You can criticize the bill for many things, but I don’t think you can criticize it for reducing the hours you can vote,” said University of Georgia political scientist Charles S. Bullock III. He speculated that Biden may have been briefed on an early version of the bill — “there were 25 versions floating around” — and he did not get an update on the final version.

You think he got an original briefing that he understood?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

Yeah, the guy who can’t remember the name of Defense Secretary is being briefed on versions of the Georgia bill that weren’t signed into law.

You “centrists” will swallow anything
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    MelloDawg said:

The president of the United States doesn't get updates. OK!
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,998
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

Among the outrageous parts of this new state law, it ends voting hours early so working people can’t cast their vote after their shift is over.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2021/03/26/statement-by-president-biden-on-the-attack-on-the-right-to-vote-in-georgia/

On Election Day in Georgia, polling places are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and if you are in line by 7 p.m., you are allowed to cast your ballot. Nothing in the new law changes those rules.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/03/30/biden-falsely-claims-new-georgia-law-ends-voting-hours-early/

Um. Are we really believing that people that are worried about having to stand in line to vote are actually indeed, working people?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,823
    hardhat said:

MelloDawg said:

He gets pudding and a depends change.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The lies being repeated on Facebook by rats are incredible.. Total ignorance. Their leaders are laughing all the way to the bank. The minions are getting all hyped up on lies.

Rats are disgusting.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

hardhat said:

MelloDawg said:

He gets pudding and a depends change.
    And a cinnamon cookie before his daily basement nap.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    The left has made a mistake by overusing "racist!!" to the point that no one gives a shit anymore.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    Founders Club
    The stunner in all this is that the WaPo is actually defending the truth. ????

Am I missing something here?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

They don't touch the claims about this being the new Jim Crow, they allow that racist slander to stand, but the obvious lie about it reducing the hours the polls are open was a bridge too far even for them. So they'll correct that part of the narrative in order to allow the racist slander to stand.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

They don't touch the claims about this being the new Jim Crow, they allow that racist slander to stand, but the obvious lie about it reducing the hours the polls are open was a bridge too far even for them. So they'll correct that part of the narrative in order to allow the racist slander to stand.
    That headline they ran really makes Biden look bad. I find it shocking they would do that.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Lobbying can get a bit messy at tims but, bezos and biden will kiss and make up once biden is told what he’s caved on.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,933
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

That headline they ran really makes Biden look bad. I find it shocking they would do that.
    Cho Bai Den is getting his wheels greased for an exit.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

SFGbob said:

Cho Bai Den is getting his wheels greased for an exit.
    Several recent events suggest this. Obama's cabinet with invoke the 25th once the useful idiot is no longer useful.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,414
    Swaye's Wigwam

I laughed. Wasn't sure the Delta thread on the soft board could handle it
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    Fuck....I was just wondering what the new election laws in Georgia were